law courses (1 Viewer)

R*A*U*N*C*H*Y

HSC
N/A
hey guys
are there any law courses that i can get into with an uai in the 98s?
that rules out unsw and usyd of course :(
but any other universities that offer law which are good?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
in no particular order.... ANU, Macq, UoW, UTS, UWS...

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
R*A*U*N*C*H*Y said:
hey guys
are there any law courses that i can get into with an uai in the 98s?
that rules out unsw and usyd of course :(
but any other universities that offer law which are good?
u can try
uts: 97.25-ish for combined law. which is v. good, and also uts-students seem to able to get a job easier than unsw and usyd.

macquarie uni offers combined law at around 95.85-ish uai
and i know uws is around 90 uai.

hm that says all i reckon. =)

[edit]: juz to add further on uts, if u do international studies/law (or somethin similar) they arrange the oversea exchange for u, u haf to arrange everything urself in unsw and syd. =]

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Go ANU, or full fee pay unsw/usyd or attempt to transfer after 1st yr. - That's what I would do.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't full fee pay, thats just stupid.

I guess if you've missed out on USyd and UNSW the next one you'd be looking at is UTS.

Ive got friends at the law faculty there and they really seem to like it.

Haven't heard great things about Macq, so yeah, UTS is probably the go.

nwatts

HSC
Goto UTS. If you match it with a Communication course, you have two very well reputed degrees under your belt. If not, try UOW (cutoff 91).

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
u can try
uts: 97.25-ish for combined law. which is v. good, and also uts-students seem to able to get a job easier than unsw and usyd.
source?

mind you i've studied at both UTS and UNSW.
mitsui said:
[edit]: juz to add further on uts, if u do international studies/law (or somethin similar) they arrange the oversea exchange for u, u haf to arrange everything urself in unsw and syd. =]
again, source?

since the threadmaker (presumably) got 98 UAI, i would not recommend full-fee at UNSW or USyd. rather, if the threadmaker wishes to study at those two unis, perhaps he/she can transfer after one year.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Frigid said:
source?

mind you i've studied at both UTS and UNSW.
again, source?

since the threadmaker (presumably) got 98 UAI, i would not recommend full-fee at UNSW or USyd. rather, if the threadmaker wishes to study at those two unis, perhaps he/she can transfer after one year.
source: frds from uts doing combined law right now

hm hw much is full fee btw? =]

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
source: frds from uts doing combined law right now
i transferred from UTS Bus/Law to UNSW Com/Law and (without prejudice to either uni's reputation), i would not say the former yields any significant difference in percentage of employment upon graduation than the latter.

for example, using UTS' 'Net that Careerhttp://138.25.124.210/scm/ntbc?f=LAW' service, i found a list of employers of UTS Bus/Law graduateshttp://138.25.124.210/scm/gdsw?a=2&igds_id=311&stp_id=1&slos=U&sfac=GFAC_LAW for the year 2003-2004. using the UNSW Careers Service, i found a list of employers of UNSW LLB graduates for the year 2003 (see attached .pdf). you will find that UNSW graduates are no less employable than UTS graduates by the top tier firms.

i hope that is a less misleading answer to prospective undergraduates than your what my "frds from uts doing combined law right now" told me so. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)