law courses (1 Viewer)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i thot the threadmaker is askin for individual opinions, and if so, those r mine. sorri is they r misleading for i have yet another yr to go to realli experience it

on the sub of comm/law, is it interestin? wat the course like? x]

jgeo2000

HSC
hey does anyone know anything about the newcastle law course - reputation/quality? im hoping to do law at newcastle but i dont know much about its rep

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
oh wow. sweet. xD

i am pretti sure i am going for law
i juz donno wat i want to combine wif

personalli i like arts, fine arts, social science, AND commerce. -_-"

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
hahah
social science (criminology) sounds very fab.
i juz a bit worry wat if u haf to defend a murder? o_O

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
rule of law -> requirement of fair trial -> need for representation -> presumption of innocence etc...

you'll learn this stuff no worries.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Your duty is to represent your client to the best of your ability, idealy if both sides are presenting logical arguments and you have a fairly smart judge/jury... we are to assume the most accurate argument will be accepted.

MaryJ_

HSC
I can't say that I've done a law degree, or that I've studied at any uni at all for that matter, but I'll give you my two cents anyway. At the end of any Law Degree, regardless of which uni you completed it at, the Law Society allows you to do your practical legal training and then be admitted as a solicitor. At the end of it, you have the same qualifications. A few people I know who have completed their law degree say that the course content didn't help them in the workplace as much as they expected. Of course having the degree is necessary to get you the job, but once you're in, you're apparently in for a completely new learning experience. As for the quality of teaching, there are quite a few lecturers who teach at multiple universities. Hopefully you'll hear a whole lot of opinions and get a better idea of what you'd like to do. Good luck, wherever you end up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)