Lazy uni students (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Burnt out Uni students

are any first year students feeling demotivated and burnt out from last year and finding it hard to maintain focused on the academic part of uni?

it's been so easy to be carried away by social stuff (not just in uni, but with friends) and with lazing about watching TV and surfing the net and just doing whatever you please whenever you please now that you feel like the tension of the HSC has been lifted and your back on the first rung of the ladder of a new journey.

I don't know, but my motivation and energy has escaped me this semester....

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
haha

yea same

esp when the subjects u do isn't "hard" and u can always catch up easily, more reason to bludge :(

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by ...
haha

yea same

esp when the subjects u do isn't "hard" and u can always catch up easily, more reason to bludge :(
yeah, exactly! eg. communications (pass/fail first semester)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I'm contemplating deferring semester 2, and starting uni next year.....

uni is bs :(

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz uni life's cool... but then, can't get movitated to work, =p

aprt from asgmts quizes etc etc >.< '

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Well I was lazy during school, and that carried on to uni :p, so no change really for me, just cram a night before the exams, but i'll need to study a little earlier for the end of session exams.

Shit, BDM and COMP assessments due in the next 2 weeks :(

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Originally posted by enak
Well I was lazy during school, and that carried on to uni :p, so no change really for me, just cram a night before the exams, but i'll need to study a little earlier for the end of session exams.

lol ditto word for word!
Been bludging all this time just doing study before exams :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of the academic stuff - cant wait till I graduate
In terms of the other stuff - never wanna leave uni

vanity

HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
are any first year students feeling demotivated and burnt out from last year and finding it hard to maintain focused on the academic part of uni?
it's been so easy to be carried away by social stuff (not just in uni, but with friends) and with lazing about watching TV and surfing the net and just doing whatever you please whenever you please now that you feel like the tension of the HSC has been lifted and your back on the first rung of the ladder of a new journey.
I don't know, but my motivation and energy has escaped me this semester....
total opposite for me
uni uni uni

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i love living on campus but yerh i do no work, too easy to just slip out to see mates

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by crazybrad
i love living on campus but yerh i do no work, too easy to just slip out to see mates
I'm not saying i hate uni, in fact, i like it... what i am saying is the freedom and lack of motivation to study is hard...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
yeh uni makes bludging too hard.

the compulsory stuff is probably what saves me to an extent. if it wasnt for them, i wouldnt be doing anything! like enak, i would have continued on my HSC way... :D

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm so ashamed. All through high school I was never a night-before person. Now that's like the norm for me.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Re: Burnt out Uni students

Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
Guess what, it's not just first year.... I know a lot of people are 3rd and 4th year students who find it hard to maintain focus on the academic part of uni, including myself.

I remember being able to sit through 1hr 45min worth of a 2hr lecture when I was in first year before I lost concentration and wanted to leave the lecture theatre... Now I can only last 30min before that starts to happen. The amount of people who walk into a lecture, see that people have lecture notes, and then proceed to walk out before the lecture even starts because they know its all on the net or in the resource room increases every semester.

I love how everyone comes back to uni at the beginning of every year saying 'last year I bludged and this semester I'm going to do all my tutorial work, start my assignments early and even read the recommended readings' and then 3 weeks in, everyone is back to their usual ways.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
lol. recommended readings. so has anyone actually read those yet? :p

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I read the first 2 weeks worth... now I'm hardly even doing the tutorial questions let alone going to lectures.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm doing most of my work, and getting reasonably marks (couldn't say that in high school) but I'm slipping back into my old laziness...

Hardest thing is forcing yourself to do the tutorial questions etc

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Hardest thing is forcing myself to even turn up to uni in the first place.... I wish there was a university feature that came with digital televison, I'd do much more then.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Re: Re: Burnt out Uni students

Originally posted by Raiks
I remember being able to sit through 1hr 45min worth of a 2hr lecture when I was in first year before I lost concentration and wanted to leave the lecture theatre... Now I can only last 30min before that starts to happen. The amount of people who walk into a lecture, see that people have lecture notes, and then proceed to walk out before the lecture even starts because they know its all on the net or in the resource room increases every semester.

I love how everyone comes back to uni at the beginning of every year saying 'last year I bludged and this semester I'm going to do all my tutorial work, start my assignments early and even read the recommended readings' and then 3 weeks in, everyone is back to their usual ways.
So true... i'm lazy/'unmotivated' but i'll never change now (unless something extremly horrifc happens- can't think what) ... Thank god for up-to-date lecturers with net notes- cept for the few don't put up notes...hmph damn them!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
My uni hours per week = 23
My uni hours that I go to = 15 ?

Sometimes a LOT less...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)