Lazy uni students (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've got 10, this week I turned up to 1 hr.

HSC
im suppose to have 12...but i dont go to lectures or tutes...
so like...1 tute a week...hmmm....1hr
lol

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by skip to my lou
im suppose to have 12...but i dont go to lectures or tutes...
so like...1 tute a week...hmmm....1hr
lol
I missed everything bar 1 tute, and that was because I needed to go to hand in an assignment.... I guess when you leave all your assignments to the last minute, you tend to skip a lot of class just so you can complete your work.

Ahwell, just another 1600 words by 4:30pm this arvo and I'll be done :D

santaslayer

HSC
yea....uni life is cool......barr the work :p
I think I'm just burnt out from the HSC....the 3 month holiday break wasn't enuff! :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
I have done all my readings, gone through lecture notes and rewritten them for every lecture, do all tute questions (where relevant) and attend college tutes as well. Not really a nerd, I'm just very good at time management, I still manage to go out 4 nights a week.
WhoaNelly :eek:

Although you're probably not one of those people who somehow manage to just 'lose' 6 hours in a day, plus I'm champion of procrastination which never helps. I've got to the stage where I pick 2 days that I want to go to uni, and then see which subjects fit into those 2 days and if a subject doesn't fit, I put it aside for another semester.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
I have done all my readings, gone through lecture notes and rewritten them for every lecture, do all tute questions (where relevant) and attend college tutes as well. Not really a nerd, I'm just very good at time management, I still manage to go out 4 nights a week.
NERD! :p...

.....or is it GEEK?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Hahahaha.... going out 4 nights a week.

Going out for Maccas for dinner while on the way to the library doesn't count :D :p ;)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I had a panic at the start of the year when I first realized my total lack of motivation.... I really am burnt out.

But I spent so much to get here that it isn't an option to defer.

But I'm starting to realize that I can scrape by this year without being motivated.

I think I will just cruise along this year, and then pick up the pace next year when my subjects are actually graded.

I do think it is a bit of post-HSC burnout. It was such an emotional turmoil after the HSC as well, plus moving away was fairly hard as well, so I think that all burnt me out....

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Minai
In terms of the academic stuff - cant wait till I graduate
In terms of the other stuff - never wanna leave uni
sigh~~~ isn't that better if there's a happie intermidiate???
Originally posted by chookyn
lol. recommended readings. so has anyone actually read those yet? :p
:| neva do them... =p only do those that are assessed >=)

Ribbon

I am pretty damn lazy, I generally do as little as possible. I feel pretty over it since the hsc. But, having said that, I do go to the effort to understand something if I don't get it in the lecture, and I only don't do the reading because I find the lectures adequite for me to understand the content...

so, in summary :D I care about marks ect. enough that I try for the compulsary things, but I don't care enough and am too lazy to do all the other stuff :)

cayte

I think it's a good idea to defer for a year in some ways. If you work you can qualify for the independant rate of youth allowance almost immediately. :D You also get a year where you can party and do whatever you want and sort of work out if you really want to do the course you defered. You'll probably find that you have a greater appreciation for uni when you come back, hence won't burn out so fast. And you notice how much more mature you are than everyone else in your year. Actually, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet.
It shits you though when you see people you went to school with completeing their (3 year) degrees and you're still stuck halfway through yours (at least 4 damn years).

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by cayte

It shits you though when you see people you went to school with completeing their (3 year) degrees and you're still stuck halfway through yours (at least 4 damn years).
It doesn't really end up being a problem because you usually find new circles of friends through uni so that issue doesn't really become that big. I've got a few friends from school that I still keep good contact with but with most of the others, the only time I see them is if I bump into them on a friday or saturday night.

cayte

Oh, it's not so much the social side, just the fact that everyone else is planning to travel or whatever and you have to write essays or theses or whatever and the end for these means is so far off... Bah, give me a mail-order degree to hang on the wall.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i haven't missed a single lecture as yet ( n hope i never do) :) , up to date on all my readings , all tute hw done every week....n work part time 2!!!

GO ME !!! :D :) :cool:

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I'm the complete opposite - I lack the motivation beginning of semester and by about 3-4 week before exams start I'm pumped!! Really motivated to do the work -

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by elizabethy
i haven't missed a single lecture as yet ( n hope i never do) :) , up to date on all my readings , all tute hw done every week....n work part time 2!!!

GO ME !!! :D :) :cool:
yeh go you!... i've never been up-to-date :rolleyes:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've pretty much chosen not to be update, I have a habit of thinking way too short term in regards to being organised, although I've always been like that.

Kittycat

HSC
ah man! I have been lazy for the last 3 weeks. I was suppose to catch up with my bio! :(
I have been online alot!

Shawny

ever since yr7
i have been built, trained, made for cram, made for last minute jobs, last minute crams, be it 1 night before, be it 3 houirse before the thing is due or the exam begins or be it on the bus on the way to school or be it just 5minutes before the exam begins

though i dread it to shit
i find myself repeating the same routine every exam , be it a class exam in yr8 or the hsc and now uni

uni is gay shit
ppl say uni is good
good in that i get to wake at 9 and go to uni at 11, jig till 2, then go 1 class and go home
good that every year is like yr12, where u get a 5month break,

bad tat theres 2hsc's a yr and for me 10hscs left to go
bad tat work doesn't stop, literally
bad tat i dun go lecs and dun learn nothing in tuts coz i never do h/w or get up to date

and bad tat the ppl in uni lied to me wen i was in high school
uni was utopia
now uni is distopia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)