Le continuers est bel et bien MORT! J'ai dit «MORT»!!! (1 Viewer)

How did you go?

• I killed it.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I maimed it.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Je lui ai fait mal.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Je l'ai giflé.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Je suis complètement, totalement, entièrement, foutu(e).

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabbo

HSC
I found it alright although I don't know how I'll go

I did the question where you had to write why you wanted to stay in France (talked about how if i go back i will never have enough time/money to come back etc) and in the 2nd part I did the piercing/fashion question. We actually covered that briefly in class...just wrote about how society makes everyone conform and some people just want to stand out

Time wise I just managed to check everything quickly once, had no spare time to stare in the air :)

Listening and Reading were ok as well.

I'm quite happy with French. I reckon I learned enough to get me around France next year and that's most important to me

Now I have 1 week to study for geography :) :mad:

k_i_mm_i

HSC
omg...i think most of the guys who do french wrote a story how they r staying in france for one more year to be with their french lover :p :p :p

malkin86

HSC
I compared bullying to terrorism.. and I wrote an ad for a hotel in France. I must be odd. Did anyone else think the sample listening was familiar?

Sabbo

HSC
k_i_mm_i said:
omg...i think most of the guys who do french wrote a story how they r staying in france for one more year to be with their french lover :p :p :p
I was thinking of putting something like that in but then I just wanted to finish it off.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
I thought it was pretty good, listening and reading responding wasok but the comprehensions were sexellent :D I had problems getting inspiration for the writting but I chalk that to sitting ancient history before french :s

mel1387

mel1387
HSC
Cant Believe French Continuers

I was so disappointed with French!!! Totally unexpected based on NAFT trial and past papers..........how do i lodge a complaint??? it looks like extension teachers wrote the paper!! :mad:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
sabbo said:
I'm quite happy with French. I reckon I learned enough to get me around France next year and that's most important to me
I hope I get to France before I forget everything. I'd love to get there and try some out.. ...

chepas

HSC
mel - bienvenue

I don't think there's much cause for complaint though I really do feel like there were some very Extension issues raised in it.

Re: NAFT listening - I actually found when I did the NAFT listening that they were quite challenging, but not much compared to this years HSC paper! The Open High School ones were an absolute cinch. (But the teacher who marked the listening section there is so frigging pedantic I lost marks for saying stuff like "He wrote it down on writing paper book" instead of "He wrote it down in a notebook". For God's sake, if sentiment that is similar is conveyed, why not give it the mark it should get?

Perse said:
but the comprehensions were sexellent I had problems getting inspiration for the writting but I chalk that to sitting ancient history before french :s
Huh? Does sexellent mean they were bad? And what does 'to chalk' mean lol. :rolleyes: Sorry if it's really obvious or something...

k_i_mm_i

HSC
Hey :)

All done ey? It feels wierd, like something missing from my life! ahahaha

well I never treated my languages as work or a school subject so :)

chepas

HSC
Yeah, like in the Bronx it means good, but say, in Parramatta it could mean bad. In Vladivostok it is a kind of drink while in St Kitts and Nevis it is a crime of the worst degree.

Kimmi - I agree. But under pressure like exams it's like we're blaspheming in the name of Jean d'Arc :p....

iwanttodowellin

Persephone87 said:
I had problems getting inspiration for the writting but I chalk that to sitting ancient history before french :s
Hey, did anyone else have two 2 unit exams on the same day? ie. 6 hours of exams? Like Persephone87, I had ancient and french on the same day, and it was so bad. I probably did really badly in ancient, and french I did OK, but some things were unexpected, yet overall it was a moderate exam, good marks were quite achievable. Anyway, I just thought it was extremely unfair to put students through such pressure, and to make it worse...the study was just unbearable, since there is so much content to know, let alone the bredom that sets in whenever i open my ancient history folder and blow the dust off the sheets!

What does everyone else think about this? Having 2 exams in one day? Personally, i think i have DVT (Deep Vain Thrombosis...where ur blood clots or sumthing if u dont move your legs around for ages and then they feel really sore afterwards....like on a plane)

So tell me what you all think.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
muzzling said:
By the way kimmi, " ils ont jeté le bébé avec l'eau du bain! " means they threw the baby out with the bath water.. figuratively speaking it means they've forsaken them.. or something.
Good to know it all went well guys.
I said i was staying in france because my dad died in a car accident in Australia and i took the exchange to get away.. Then i said i was staying because i'd made a new life for myself in France.. among other things.
The bullying was fine, i just had a go at the school kids, talking about extension stuff like tolerance of difference bla bla bla.. Funny how they overlap sometimes.

x
no baby/bathwater means they've ruined what's good while trying to eliminate what's bad. :uhhuh:

my mum (she's a french teacher) took one look at the paper and pulled a face, she said it was pretty hard, but when i told her about some of the q's on the answer booklet she said that quite a few teachers will probably complain because they're getting into too much language analysis, more like english exams, and a lot of teachers haven't been trained for that, not to mention how hard it can be.

that was meant to be my best exam and i felt worse about it than any of my others. the listeinng was too dense, too short and too complicated!!! garrrrgh!!

oh well, at least i finished today :D

omg_a

HSC
the more i think about it, the sillier it was. i mean, all those r&R analytical qs were heaps harder than our trials. and i honestly think the two options for q13 were pushing it for continuers. not so bad if you have done extension, but it shouldnt be like that.

plus i ran out of time and did a dodgy 9 marker.

which reminds me, french teachers are so weird. everyone else adds the reading tim to the exam (ie 2 hours plus 10 mins), but no, in french you lose 10 minutes! also, section III, has to be 15 marks, two writings, both 100-150 words-but instead of 7 and 8, they do 6 and 9!! weirdos...

i actually thought the listening was my best section (mormally its my worst). but am i the only one who finds it confusing having one woman 40ish voice everything from a teenager to a grandmother! i was sure i'd misheard whe he said im a grandfather!!!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Hippy La-Laa's French Teacher said:
I can't believe their weren't more numbers!

I'm sorry I didn't sing La Marseillaise to you more often so that you would pick up that reference. Those passages are quite difficult, so rest assured most other students will have found them hard and they will mark accordingly.
She's adorable. :D Here's her brief commentary on it though which she sent me via e-mail. The comment about numbers was in relation to listening. I was freaking out about phone numbers because I never hear them correctly and just freeze. And she verifed Chepas' good pick up! :)

Am I the only one who kinda likes thoses english-y questions about structure/context???? :confused:

chepas

HSC
a said:
but am i the only one who finds it confusing having one woman 40ish voice everything from a teenager to a grandmother! i was sure i'd misheard whe he said im a grandfather!!!
I know! I thought "For god's sake you sound about half the age of a grandpa" - it was so unbelievable... though, of course if you start to have a billion different voices on a tape it gets really confusing.

The person who commented that this exam was harder than their trial, I agree with you...

In the listening, was their a number we had to write down? Because I am really crap with numbers, I still get confused after 50. I don't remember it. Either that or it was the BOS past paper I did before the exam.... ?

welshi - you're finished :p~. What did you have last and of course - what are you doing now :D.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
Am I the only one who kinda likes thoses english-y questions about structure/context????
I don't know anyone else who's fond of them. I think they're useless; if the BOS wants to have challenging questions in their LOTE exams, they should think up another way of doing it. We wanna learn how to interpret/understand the language - why do they test us on how something conveys its point? Nobody does that in everyday life. Only maybe if you're a movie/book critic.

The only numbers that were mentioned which i can remember were the ones in the first question about booking the tickets, and then in that child obesity question i think she said 20% of kids will be obese in 5-10 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)