Learning All Poems (1 Viewer)

deboiz

HSC
Hi guys, is it worth it to learn all 7 poems for discovery (I'm doing Dobson)

I had a look at past exams, and they have never specified poems. The thing is, I have only prepared 2 poems, and if they specify a poem I'm 5/7 of the time going to be screwed.

Any thoughts?

HSC
I had a look at past exams, and they have never specified poems.
Hi! :) I'm doing Dobson as well and although it is a possibility that they could specify a poem for us to write on, I would say it's super unlikely. Different schools choose different set texts and I assume the BOSTES would try to make the questions as fair as possible across each section of the set text ... as in, if they specified a poem for Dobson how would they create a question similar to that but with a different set text (for argument's sake, Hamlet) since Hamlet is one play but there are 7 poems if that makes sense?

BTW Which poems are you writing on?? :) I'm doing 'Painter of Antwerp' and 'Ghost Town: New England' (was going to do 'Cock Crow' but then changed my related text).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd remember a couple of quotes for emergency purposes, but I think they are more likely to specify speeches rather then poems judging by past BOSTE history.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
I would say there's a 0% chance they specify poems given that everyone gets the same Section III question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)