Learning in Business Studies? (1 Viewer)

Becc

Does anyone else feel as though they aren't learning anything in business studies?
I honestly couldn't tell you any good fact or something that i have learnt in the subject this term.
It's really frustrating, because it just seems that everything is repitition of whats already been done..?

is this just me?
any tips for how i could revise my work so that i'm actually learning something that can help me in my business hsc exam?

i think i'm just stressing..

santaslayer

HSC
If everything is repetition then I don't see why you aren't learning. The fact that you recognise that repetition exists means you are learning something. :uhhuh:

Do a mindmap for business.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
right summaries and stuff as you go.

listen hard and try, after you leave class each day to THINK about what you have picked up from the lesson ... gd luck

HSC
yeah..i agree with post 1...seems as though everything is just repeated from yr 11...cept now it's the REAL thing..:confused:

Becc

ok, thanks everyone who has supplied some way for me to learn more.
I don't think its necessarily that i'm not listening.
I think its more because I've been sick a lot the past 9 months and my teacher is away quite often.
i'll take all of those suggestions and work on them though..
Originally posted by Without Wings
be interested in what you're studying or else you're going to find it difficult to be motivated to study.
i'm fairly motivated anyway, because I know what I can achieve and hope to exceed that.

I think i'll just enter every business with more of a positive attitude. :)
thanks!

= Jennifer =

HSC
i feel i dont learn anything in business studies until i write up my notes thats how it is for me i have to teach myself because i can not be taught from someone

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
one of the key element to understand and learning is self taught. like how my business teacher explains he, he says that they are only employed to help students digest the syllubus and enhance our understand. But without you going to do some self studying you will never understand. i find that i understand more when i am writing the notes out and stuff.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
I still haven't learnt anything even though my HSC is over. It was just dead boring. :p

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
well it takes constant studying to keep ur knowledge of business studies in ur head, well i can only say that DON"T STUDY AT THE LAST MINUTE cos u definitely jeopardising ur marks wen doing ur exam
u need to constantly review and look over ur notes of wat u wrote in class and try to make ur own meaning and interpretation of it

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
MUAHAHAA who beat you charmed cuties dear in the 1/2 yearly :p

but its true dont procrastinate and cram study it's bad!
what did i do> oh yeah that is right waking up at 4 in the morning and studied.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i say 70% of the stuff is important.. things like elements of a marketing mix, SWOT, financial ratios, biz identities eg: sole traders etc, and employment is v v useful in the real world. you need to know a lot of this if u are planning to run your own business. If not, its always helpful to know who u can turn to if ur boss unfairy dismisses u

the management theory and basicalli the first chapter is not important....

for me biz and english are the most useful subjects. english in the sense that it helps to strengthen my essay writing skills.... and biz is helpful cuz i can see elements of biz studies fit in every day life...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)