Leaving an exam room and thinking to yourself 'FAIL WHALE'. (1 Viewer)

tasa08

HSC
N/A
I recently did an exam and blacked out completely, no jokw it was ike a Street Fight KO. I know most people say 'yeah I failed' when really they aced it, but this is not the case. Though I wish it was. My essay was horrible. No fluency whatsoever. I didn't study, well maybe the night before...I know....don't attack me. I guess I saw it coming. I'm usually good at bullshitting. I study the night before and get 85% and up. I have trouble handling my subjects. Any suggestion?

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
I recently did an exam and blacked out completely, no jokw it was ike a Street Fight KO. I know most people say 'yeah I failed' when really they aced it, but this is not the case. Though I wish it was. My essay was horrible. No fluency whatsoever. I didn't study, well maybe the night before...I know....don't attack me. I guess I saw it coming. I'm usually good at bullshitting. I study the night before and get 85% and up. I have trouble handling my subjects. Any suggestion?
Try a different way of studying for exams...and if your generally a good student who gets around 80%, talk to your teachers and they should give you a few tips

madharris

HSC
N/A
This is what happened to me from year 7-10
In year 11 i failed most of my subjects because I did this
In year 12, I actually consistently studied throughout the year and did well in all my subjects

Elisa Sweet

HSC
See if you can find out what type of learner you are (kinaesthetic, visual or audio) and that should give you an idea of how to study.

tasa08

HSC
N/A
Try a different way of studying for exams...and if your generally a good student who gets around 80%, talk to your teachers and they should give you a few tips
Yeah that seems like a good idea. I'm just concerned that I screwed up with no chance of improving my rank. That exam was my paper 2 English advance trials - module A & B.

tasa08

HSC
N/A
This is what happened to me from year 7-10
In year 11 i failed most of my subjects because I did this
In year 12, I actually consistently studied throughout the year and did well in all my subjects
I plan to start studying (consistently that is) during the holidays and polishing my notes for each subject but I doubt it'll make a difference. That exam is blanked out in was my English Adv Paper 2. I literally sat there asking myself 'What is Hamlet'? I didn't read the book -_- I'm currently doing trials this week and next week, so the only option I have now is to cram terms of work into one night. I highly doubt now that I can get into my desired course, which by coincidence happens to be you current course. Hi-5 for getting in man. I can't imagine myself getting a 93.15 ATAR with my performance so far. Do you think I should just change my career path?

tasa08

HSC
N/A
See if you can find out what type of learner you are (kinaesthetic, visual or audio) and that should give you an idea of how to study.
Woah, the different learning styles never crossed my mind. You're a legend. I think i'm a mixture of auditory, kinaesthetic and visual. HAHA I'm screwed up in the head. Preferred learning styles vary depending on the subject. But I know where to start. Took me 12 year and 3 terms. Better late then never. Cheers :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
There's always time to pick yourself back up!! Remember, trials are only worth X% of your internal mark! If you can pull yourself together for the actual hsc exams then you can definitely do well

If you cant get the required atar for OT then there are always other ways to get in. You could do a bachelor of health science for a year then transfer with a credit average (which isn't too difficult). If you do the bhs, you will also be able to get credit for a few of your subjects once you transfer to OT as you've already done that subject (or a similar one)

sammie293

HSC
There's always time to pick yourself back up!! Remember, trials are only worth X% of your internal mark! If you can pull yourself together for the actual hsc exams then you can definitely do well
thank you for this! made me feel better as I'm 99% sure i just bummed out in my legal trial :(

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Wait until you guys go to uni (if you do) - it is much worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)