Lectures wtf (1 Viewer)

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
What is the point in going to lectures if everything is on blackboard and my lecturer (who is Italian) does nothing more than read what's on the slide and make occasional jokes/ask questions?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
What is the point in going to lectures if everything is on blackboard and my lecturer (who is Italian) does nothing more than read what's on the slide and make occasional jokes/ask questions?
These kind of lectureres annoy the crap out of me, but I try and attend all lectures regardless. At the very least you'll be forced to listen to the material. Knowing myself I probably wouldnt give it much time as the lecture at home.

glache

HSC
N/A
These kind of lectureres annoy the crap out of me, but I try and attend all lectures regardless. At the very least you'll be forced to listen to the material. Knowing myself I probably wouldnt give it much time as the lecture at home.
Yeah. I go to lectures only because they're the only time I review the material outside of stuvac. Also because it gives me an excuse to get more involved on campus. I'll be like, well, I'm not coming in just for an hour or two, why not get involved? Similarly, I''d be like, I'm not coming to uni just to volunteer and/or participate in C&S stuff for an hour or two, why not go to lectures?

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh I hate those kind, usually though the lecturers just use the slides as a guide for what to say and without going/lectopia they wont make much sense.

But if he's just reading the poo then there isn't really much point going (unless you have something before and after that lecture).

Jonneeh

HSC
Two of my lecturers spend half the time talking about how great and accomplished they are =.=

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
are you talking about albert motta for econ1101?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
yes looks like you're talking about albert motta then

Garygaz

HSC
I had some indian dude for marketing fundamentals last semester who kept showing us advertisements from youtube and playing music randomly during the lecture. Needless to say, I turned up to 2 before I decided it wasn't worth my time anymore.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Well, I ended up skipping my three lectures today because I was too tired after last night at the roundhouse. I figure there's not too much point attending until next week, whereupon I'll need something to fill in the time between tutorials. I prefer to study and research concepts alone, anyway.

u in motto's lecture for microeconomics?
Yes.

Out on a limb, but Alberto Motta? He's a legend.
I haven't experienced his genius yet.

are you talking about albert motta for econ1101?
Yes.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
WHAT?! Alberto Motta is awesome!

How can you not like his style of lecturing? I find it very entertaining and... awesome in general. Besides, the jokes make it interesting.

Like today, he was talking about... reservation price and he was like to this guy at the back: "If you had no friends... how much would you pay for one?"

And he was like: "50 dollars!"

And then Motta replied, "Okay... how much for a female one?" I lol'd.

That comment, and others like it, confirmed my fan status of him.

---

Also Arc, say hai to me - we're in the same lecture after all! I think. Are you in stream D? As in, did you have a lecture for ECON1101 today from 11-12pm?

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Also Arc, say hai to me - we're in the same lecture after all! I think. Are you in stream D? As in, did you have a lecture for ECON1101 today from 11-12pm?
Yeah but I didn't go. I'll try spot you next week.

Jokes there is no way I will be able to recognise you in the sea of asians that is unsw. If you see me say hi.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Depends on the subject. Many of them there's no reason to go.

Science/Maths/Engineering/More in depth stuff - definitely go.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah but I didn't go. I'll try spot you next week.

Jokes there is no way I will be able to recognise you in the sea of asians that is unsw. If you see me say hi.
There may be many Asians there but there's only one Shadowdude. You'll find me - if you look for me. I have a distinctive physical appearance.

Heck, even meilz spotted me within the same sea.

rowdyroddy

HSC
lol this guy must be the biggest bludger known...
his last thread was, is there any point in getting high marks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)