lectures (1 Viewer)

Dubble-u25

HSC
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm wondering if any of these lectures are recorded:

MATH1001
MATH1002
CHEM1901
BIOL10031
BIOL1911

Thankyou! :D

Ferox

HSC
No for the maths ones. Science is usually pretty good about recording lectures. My BIOL1003 and CHEM1011 were recorded. I'm not sure about the advanced versions, but they probably are.

izzy88

HSC
thanks and another question where are the lectures uploaded?
If lectures are uploaded they are put onto the 'learning management system' (formally called webct/eLearning). You log in by following the link on the left side bar on myuni - and then look to your individual subjects.

As a heads up, depending on the lecturer, the recording may either be available for streaming or streaming/downloading. Some lecturers refuse to allow lecture recordings to be able to be downloaded (eg. to put on an ipod etc) - they can only be streamed through the site. So if you can't download it, it is likely that is deliberate, and the lecturer will get annoyed with 200 people asking them to allow it to be downloaded and give a very curt response about how you should be attending most lectures anyway (based on past experience lol).

You also can't stream the lectures through safari on an iphone because it requires flash (i tried). Although they were trialling an elearning app last year in some subjects that may allow it to work on apple/mobile devices, but I'm not sure if they are implementing it or not.

Dubble-u25

HSC
thanks for the heads up, hopefully they do implement the new elearning app because I just got an ipad for uni :D

I just logged in and the only subjects that I'm enrolled in is maths. I thought that lectures aren't recorded for maths?

Last edited:

izzy88

HSC
thanks for the heads up, hopefully they do implement the new elearning app because I just got an ipad for uni :D

I just logged in and the only subjects that I'm enrolled in is maths. I thought that lectures aren't recorded for maths?
Sorry to clarify, those 'eLearning sites' serve as more than repositories for lecture recordings - most courses will have one whether or not they record lectures. Lecturers use these sites to put up the unit outline, have online discussion forums, or e-submission of assignments (if they do e-submission) or other stuff. I would expect most of your subjects would end up having a site there by the end of week 1 of semester (sometimes they can be slow getting the sites up for each subject)- however they may not all end up having their lectures recorded.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry to clarify, those 'eLearning sites' serve as more than repositories for lecture recordings - most courses will have one whether or not they record lectures. Lecturers use these sites to put up the unit outline, have online discussion forums, or e-submission of assignments (if they do e-submission) or other stuff. I would expect most of your subjects would end up having a site there by the end of week 1 of semester (sometimes they can be slow getting the sites up for each subject)- however they may not all end up having their lectures recorded.
I would probably say to think of it like a "Facebook" page for individual units of study.

Dubble-u25

HSC
ah I see, thanks for clearing that up, kinda nervous about starting uni.

mathsnerd17

HSC
Hey I am having a bit of trouble seeing any subjects.

I logged into my uni clicked on
Learning Management System
(LMS)

on the left hand side.
Then i was transferred to the new site but it says
[h=2]Blackboard Learn Units of Study
Currently you are not enrolled in any Units of Study.???

What do i do???

THANKS
[/h]

<tbody>

</tbody>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)