Leear: Quotes + Readings? (1 Viewer)

Shadowulf

HSC
ahaha yeh well if you ever end up not knowing what to jap series to watch, tell me what kinda theme you want and i might know something good ahaha

haha pretending to be productive... im pro at that too, ive been at it for the past 5 years

when results come out, you wont be congratulating me anymore lol =P

emuthegreat

HSC
Alright no worries . I hardly watch them, but some are so boring like kurosagi.. can't believe I was made to watch that ..

Hi5 !

I'm sure you'll do fine mr 3U !! bloody 3u people :mad1: lol

Shadowulf

HSC
haha i watched that one too =P i didnt find it boring.. learn how to scam people LOL.. just in case i fail my HSC and cant find a job and my life after high school goes hopelessly, ill have to be like him =P

lol pffff, 3unit is nothing, i gotta complain about 4 unit people
theres like 3 4unit classes at my school... its freaky

emuthegreat

HSC
LOL It was a bit weird .

No comment . Smart people :(

Omg got our King Lear assesment question . DOUBLE NO COMMENT .

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
emuthegreat said:
haha DO COME BACK AND HELP US WITH KING LEAR . :) My assessment is going to be "staging a production" I think, 99.99% sure . I'M CLUELESS lol .
Ours was like that. I screwed it :(

Luckily I regained some semblance of honour when I managed to get top mark for Telling the Truth.

And then my exam was average.

Good luck with King Lear, I think we all need it. But the Kirosawa version was awesome! Watch Peter Brook's one and then you'll see.

emuthegreat

HSC
Any advice on how to do it ?? I'm stuck on which character to choose .. :(

Kirosawa ? the jap version ??
Peter Brooks one is way too depressing, I dislike it lol . It's so mundane, I can't seem to stay awake ..

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Oh right sorry the Kurosagi thing was a completely different conversation, lol. I was so proud of myself for sitting through Brook's version.

If your assessment is on staging, don't spend too much time talking about the actual staging. And I think that your own reading is the most important. Might be different for your task though, I just know that's how mine were.

emuthegreat

HSC
Task:
Choose a character from the Tragedy of King Lear
Select 3 extracts relevant to that particular character

Imagine you are the director of a new production of this play, which is to be performed in a contemporary context.

Write a detailed explanation of how you intend to represent the character you have chosen.

You may consider such things as:
The values represented in the extracts and the different ways they may be interpreted in a contemporary context.

The ways in which you might highligh some of the contradictions in this character.

That's my question :( I don't want to choose Lear or Cordelia, it's too predictable ..

Shadowulf

HSC
oooh now we're getting somewhere!! ahaha =P

ummm maybe do albany or something lol.. he ends up being kinda loyal to Lear as well lol, or at least thats what my teacher's reading of it is hehe

a bit off the topic, but.... DAMN my 3unit test was so depressing lol =(

emuthegreat

HSC
Who's Albany ? I'm thinking more of Edmund ? Because he has two sides, a pretender and an evil side .. HAHA I don't know :(

Oh serious ? Got your results back ? I'm sure it's fine .

Man I had such a nervous breakdown lol . I full finished my Legal Studies essay one week earlier, than I find out it's wrong, I did more than I was meant to, than I changed it but than it was right but it wasn't . arg ! lol

Shadowulf

HSC
lol nah dont have results yet, but doing the test was bad enough lol =P
aww lol badluck =S but im sure youll end up just fine, youre like topping legal! :D at least you did it early and found out lol... normally i finish doing something like.. in the second last minute, and in the last minute i find out its wrong

haha ahh maybe lol, but i dont like edmund, coz theres this annoying year 11 dude at my school named edmund =\

emuthegreat

HSC
Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine . LOL When people think they did bad, they normally get top marks .

I "was" topping legal, now I'm 8th after half yearlies . LMFAO .

I don't know who else to choose, Cordelia and Lear are way to predictable, so yea, bleh .

LMFAO I dislike annoying juniors, they're so outspoken these days . Little gangster Year7's this year . ROFLOLMAO !!

Shadowulf

HSC
haha nah i always do bad in 3unit, trust me
lol nah, youll get back up there, everyone stuffs up something once in a while

LOL yeah ahaha
one time i was walking along the corridor, and the little year 7s think theyre king of the school, and take up the ENTIRE place, so i was working my way through and this year 7 kid wouldnt stand still oO" so i pushed him aside a bit, and he comes up and hes full like "what the hell do you think youre doing?? dont push me!!" LOL, kinda hard to hold my laugh in at the way he said it ahaha

on the other hand, theres those OTHER year 7s... who are like completely scared of people bigger than them oO"
i was standing outside my maths room with my friend coz end of free period, and we didnt have much else to do, and i was kinda leaned up against the wall
and this year 7 kid comes along walking backwards while talking to his friends and tripped over my legs lol, landed flat on his butt. and he gets up and hes like almost wetting his pants going "ahhh sorry sorry, sorry" and he walks around the corner looking at me and my friend like we were gonna do something to him

(oh yeah, and im pretty short compared to most ppl in my grade.. just that for some reason the year 7s each year are so tiny these days)

emuthegreat

HSC
I lost all motivation again, so I doubt it lol .

Omg, Year7's sure knew more than I did when I was year7 .. I sure didn't know what promiscuous meant . Oh poor year7, some are so little and cute :)
I dislike juniors. So many this year are like "YEA SMOKE WEED GANGSTER SHIT" totally gay . Me too ! some are taller than me :( Totally depressing .

Lost track again, ARG why is noone returning to help us with King Lear . Don't worry, don't be afraid, join in on our conversation :) lmfao .

Shadowulf

HSC
haha i know that feeling... before exams i said i wouldnt bludge, keep studying
but come end of exams, everyones takin it easy... peer pressure i tell yoU!! RaaAAH!!1

ahaha yeah some year 7s are really dirty minded. I only found out what promiscuous meant last year or something ahaha >.<
haha yeh but some year 7s are kool.. but only a small minority of them lol. theres only 1 year 8 kid that i ever talk to, another year 8 kid keeps trying to talk to me coz he thinks hes hilarious though -_-, oh and he says his older brother is full HeKTic shitz so he thinks he is too oO" to me he looks fullly geek

LOL yeah.. conversation w00t... that girl from before never came back to help us...are we such a lost cause..? TT_TT

emuthegreat

HSC
Ahh . I did something extrodinary today . I did maths homework hoping I'll be ahead of the class .. So right now I'm 3 excercises ahead :) Except I have 3 excercises of Exponentials to catch up on and I'm totally stuck lmfao .. This is when I need HELP !!

I know, we need her help badly . I wrote 4 sentences about how I'm director and I'm using Masogynist and Christian Redemption perspectives, now I'm stuck when it's up to the actual production .. LMFAO

4 more months =O

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Shadowulf said:
First of all, im trying to find the best quotes that show Lear losing his sanity
also, anything which may sound like Goneril and Regan dont have cruel intentions behind thier actions towards Lear (sounds crazy? oO")
Act 3, Scene 6: The mock trial scene is a good one to show Lear losing his wits. Some of Lear's speech seems to be impaired and that he has sort of lost touch with reality. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters who obviously aren't present.

"A king, a king!"
"The little dogs and all..."
"We'll go to supper in the morning" -> Inversions, this is what the Fool does, not a king.

Shadowulf

HSC
m0ofin said:
Act 3, Scene 6: The mock trial scene is a good one to show Lear losing his wits. Some of Lear's speech seems to be impaired and that he has sort of lost touch with reality. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters who obviously aren't present.

"A king, a king!"
"The little dogs and all..."
"We'll go to supper in the morning" -> Inversions, this is what the Fool does, not a king.
OMG HELP FINALLY CAME!! Thanks :):) answering the original question as well :D hehe thanks ^^ ill read through that part again

@Emuthegreat: lol haha thats nice hehe, get ahead of the class AND KICK ALL THIER AASSESSSSS......... oops, tongue slipped there

LOL yah thatd probably be how much i wouldve done 2-3 days before it would be due lol... normally id start with a few sentences, thinking id have done a lot more so i wouldnt have to do it all last minute... and end up doing 99% of it in the last minute >.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)