Left 4 Dead 2: Banned in Australia. (1 Viewer)

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
There is a petition. If anyone wants to sign it heres the link
Release the full (uncensored) version of Left 4 Dead 2 in Australia Petition

As I posted on the petition:

I don't understand how the content of Left 4 Dead 2 is any different to that of games such as its predecessor Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor and the newly released Resident Evil 5? In Resident Evil 5 you are , I quote "inflicting violence upon ‘the Infected' who are living humans infected with a rabies-like virus that causes them to act violently" one of the reasons why Left 4 Dead 2 is banned? Or is it okay to kill those zombies because they are black? Another thing that makes no sense is the claim that the I quote "use of melee weapons as those that "inflict the most damage" and cause "copious amounts of blood spray and splatter", pretty certain Left 4 Dead also contained the use of melee weapons along with 99.9% of other shooters. It just seems to me that whatever game the public is raving about The Classifications Board have to ban, for what purpose? To protect children? How about spending more time and money on the Department of Human Services and protecting children the right way rather that worrying about what games are to violent.
Because online petitions have a clear history of working, right?

SairsyFairy

HSC
Because online petitions have a clear history of working, right?
It is better than nothing, Mr Pessimistic.

Sitting there and being a downer about it isn't going to fix it, actually getting something together to try and show that we are serious about it has a larger chance.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
He does have a point petitions and government don't exactly go hand in hand especially online ones.

Drafting/sending letters to the powers that be is probably the best idea. Assuming they are sensible logical and not big rages.

zingerburger

HSC
The problem is, they ban one game (let's call it Game X), people get angry about that particular game being banned and they almost always put forward the argument that Game X is just as explicit as Game Y but Game Y was never banned. Then Game Z comes out, which is just as bad (or not even as bad) as Game Y and X, but they'll ban that anyway because they realise they have to uphold some kind of inconsistent standard that should have started with Game Y. Then Game A comes along and that gets banned as well, leading to a downward spiral of bans.

So according to my theory of Downward Spiral Banishment, eventually we'll see games starring Dora the Explorer being banned simply because she is an 8 year old girl who visits exotic locales without parental supervision.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Your theory clearly fails

It's just the Australian authorities being fucking stupid every now and then, especially in the gaming industry

zingerburger

HSC
Pffft. I never said the theory was a serious one.

All it comes back to is the fact that we need an R18+ rating for video games here.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
It is better than nothing, Mr Pessimistic.

Sitting there and being a downer about it isn't going to fix it, actually getting something together to try and show that we are serious about it has a larger chance.
If I was sitting there and being a downer about it, I'd launch an online petition.

Why don't you do something that's actually visible to an audience other than that which already agrees with you - send letters to the editor to newspapers, send letters of support to parties and ministers who support an 18+ rating, and send letters of refutation to the parties and ministers who don't.

Either way, you won't get far, but at least the latter option has the effect of letting the powers that be know that people aren't happy. This law WILL change, the question is when. Most likely when the current obstructionist AG dies or gets replaced.

SairsyFairy

HSC
If I was sitting there and being a downer about it, I'd launch an online petition.

Why don't you do something that's actually visible to an audience other than that which already agrees with you - send letters to the editor to newspapers, send letters of support to parties and ministers who support an 18+ rating, and send letters of refutation to the parties and ministers who don't.

Either way, you won't get far, but at least the latter option has the effect of letting the powers that be know that people aren't happy. This law WILL change, the question is when. Most likely when the current obstructionist AG dies or gets replaced.
I'm fairly sure they already know people are not happy.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
lol L4D2 on 360, enjoy paying for updates/lack of common fixes (not that PC is better for that but at least we get them). The problem won't be for people buying/obtaining it, it will come with online play assuming if it's banned game arena, 3FL, internode etc won't be able to host servers.

Games On Net :: New Releases: Valve appeal Left 4 Dead 2 ban

Value resubmitted the game for reclassification on the 23rd so I assume we will hear something more soon.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
I'm glad that this grotesque game got banned. Violent video games are turning lonely children (like Uncle) into violent,racist, bigots committed to 'exterminating' ethnics groups and this 'L4D2' serves as practice for their violent fantasies. Nauseating stuff imagining this 'Uncle' fellow crouched over his gaming machine in his dark swastika-clad basement muttering 'i must clense the virus of the others, I must be the last one standing'...

Ayatollah

HSC
N/A
I actually agree with the banning, The SA attorny general should be appluaded.
I mean, it's well known that only rapists and sadists play these kind of games, and what 'rights' should they have? They dont respect family traditional values, they just want to get high on other peoples suffering, and it's much worse than movvies, because the 'gamers' are actually interacting, which is a scientific way of saying that by playing video games, they will, on average, attempt to re-enact the violence in reality. What console is this on by the way, I havent played video games in ages? the nintendo 64 is still the best am I right?

LordNecro

HSC
Uncle...i will support you if you wanna pretend that ad infinitum and Ayatollah are infected...

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I'm glad that this grotesque game got banned. Violent video games are turning lonely children (like Uncle) into violent,racist, bigots committed to 'exterminating' ethnics groups and this 'L4D2' serves as practice for their violent fantasies. Nauseating stuff imagining this 'Uncle' fellow crouched over his gaming machine in his dark swastika-clad basement muttering 'i must clense the virus of the others, I must be the last one standing'...
I actually agree with the banning, The SA attorny general should be appluaded.
I mean, it's well known that only rapists and sadists play these kind of games, and what 'rights' should they have? They dont respect family traditional values, they just want to get high on other peoples suffering, and it's much worse than movvies, because the 'gamers' are actually interacting, which is a scientific way of saying that by playing video games, they will, on average, attempt to re-enact the violence in reality. What console is this on by the way, I havent played video games in ages? the nintendo 64 is still the best am I right?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA

OMFG this is going to epic.

Both of you have no idea wtf you just said. L4D is based off a fictitious story revolving around 4 survivors being left immune against a infectious plague that that turns people into zombies. ITS PEOPLE like you, bible bashing, false entity worshipping fuck nuggets that give everyone, not just gamers, a bad name.

Source me a "scientific way" that violent video games influence a childs upbringing because ill shoot it down two ways:
#1- It can and will be always shot the fuck down because Jack Thompson (any gamer should know this nutter) has basically given that avenue of excuse a bad name.

AND

#2- Games have ratings, MA15+. Little kids should not be playing it. Main reason why OFLC needs a R18 rating so Adults can make a choice for themselves.

Everything i just made bold (practically every bit of that horse shit that just excreted their way through your finger tips) needs to be sourced WITH validity.

Now, if you excuse me, im going to go play Halo3, kill me some aliens, play with the flood guts and think of evil thoughts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)