Legal Advice - Product refunds (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

MoonlightSonata said:
Ah, apologies PwarYuex, I interpreted your "you don't have to do anything" as a legal contention about the rights of consumers and businesses, but you were really making a practical, normative claim.

I agree that certainly large department stores will always bow down to the customer. Many a time as an employee of Myer I have bitterly held my tongue while a layperson comes to the counter and informs me of certain "rights" they have regarding the price of items, or returning things, etc. It is interesting how many customers apparently have a divine mastery of consumer protection law.

Although with smaller stores they aren't so enthusiastic to give in to any old demand. So in those cases disputes are going to come up, and it pays to know your law so that some disgruntled customer, savvy on the topic, doesn't report your business to the FTT or the ACCC. I've certainly done it.
Yep, sorry, I should have put 'practical' or 'in reality' or something.

Retail really is a bitch, and the law is an ass, so what can you do. :D

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Ms 12 said:
I guarantee you its only the supermarkets within colesmyer that use the policy. Its called the supermarket scanning code of conduct.
This isn't really relevant, but I felt I should clarify that Woolworths supermarkets also subscribe to this code of conduct.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I know that, my post was referring to the post the Pwar guy made about it being confined to colesmyer stores. I was telling him that of the colesmyer stores, its only the supermarkets that use that policy.

X

xeuyrawp

Ms 12 said:
You're just a little bit arrogant aren't you.
How was I being arrogant... I was apologising for making a mistake.

You really are a volatile bitch, aren't you? :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Indeed I have. You've changed your context now you realise you're wrong. We both know exactly what you were talking about.

X

xeuyrawp

Ms 12 said:
Indeed I have. You've changed your context now you realise you're wrong. We both know exactly what you were talking about.
Um?

What was I wrong about...?!

Could you also please explain how a person changes their context.

I haven't realised I'm wrong; I just didn't realise that the Sony stores and the Coles stores subscribed to different codes, like I've said three times now.

I think you need to chill out a bit and stop exploding at anybody and everybody. If you want to prove yourself, I think you're going along the wrong route. :)

Edit: I think you need to realise that I don't really care about this supermarket business. I mean, who cares?. It's also not very relevant to the thread. Like I said (I seem to be saying that a lot...) thanks for informing me about the ARA being supermarket specific, but there's nothing I can do at the moment about finding out to which organisation Sony stores belong.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

Ms 12 said:
I think you need to get out of the Law forum.
LOL !

Apparently I deserve to be here more than you. Not only have you not realised that we're all free to come and go, but you're an immature little prat.

I think you need to get out of a law DEGREE...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
PwarYuex said:
LOL !

Apparently I deserve to be here more than you. Not only have you not realised that we're all free to come and go, but you're an immature little prat.

I think you need to get out of a law DEGREE...
I was more going for the immature little prat angle, not the first bit.

Ohhh of course. I'll go and unenrol tomorrow.

X

xeuyrawp

I'm sorry I intruded on your tre-exclusive clubs. Kmart, your university, and bos are only meant for the cream of the crop intellectuals. :)

X

xeuyrawp

Ms 12 said:
Haha just like your degree.
The difference is:

Me = could have had a law scholarship at USyd, instead decided to do what I enjoy and maybe do grad law after, worked as a Sony, and understands that forums are for everyone. :)

Do I have to say again that I really can't research further about this issue, which you seem so passionate about, until I actually go out?

Are you really gonna keep feeding the troll?
Yes.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Me= could have had a scholarship at any uni. Working as a cadet at Legal Aid Commission of NSW

Managing at Kmart earns my extra spending money. I never said anything about it being exclusive, a monkey could do it. :)

Speaking of monkies, you don't have to say it again. Ive done the research, but if you don't believe me thats your problem now.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Ms 12 said:
Me= could have had a scholarship at any uni. Working as a cadet at Legal Aid Commission of NSW
Really?

That's interesting. What's your name?

Managing at Kmart earns my extra spending money. I never said anything about it being exclusive, a monkey could do it.
Well for someone who worked at the LAC and could get into ANY uni under a scholarship, you sure are shovelling the trash of society. :)

You don't have to say it again. Ive done the research, but if you don't believe me thats your problem now.
I do believe you, that's the point. :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
To quote yourself, doing it because Im passionate about it.

You can go back and find my UAI if you like. Ive explained my reasons behind my uni choice, and need not repeat them.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Guys, honestly. Come on.

Don't you two realise.... that you're in love with each other?

X

xeuyrawp

MoonlightSonata said:
Guys, honestly. Come on.

Don't you two realise.... that you're in love with each other?
Is it then in your respectful submission that we're over? :(

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe yeah we're in love. He's searching the forums right now trying to find my UAI. If he PMs me (for sex) I will gladly link him the thread hehe.

X

xeuyrawp

Ms 12 said:
Hehe yeah we're in love. He's searching the forums right now trying to find my UAI. If he PMs me (for sex) I will gladly link him the thread hehe.
LOL.

I actually tried looking; I did a search and gave up 10 seconds later after I realised that 1. it would be too common and 2. the search string was too short.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)