Legal Assignment again ;-; (1 Viewer)

cherubjin

HSC
This is a continuation of my previous message about my legal assignment.
Im up to part b now and i do not get my question at all.

With reference to Part A, evaluate the effectiveness of the law in the operation of our society
In your response, you are required to:
  • Integrate relevant themes and challenges and the language of effectiveness
  • Make reference to the TWO media articles from PART A and other relevant LCMDTs
  • Include a reference list
  • Word limit 1000 words

i need to link it to 4 criteria of effectiveness that i wrote in part a and i chose responsiveness, enforceability, meeting society's needs and has justice been achieved.

i chose criminal law btw

SK101

HSC
Pretty sure you just need to write about how effective the law is in addressing the issues you brought up. So write 4 body paragraphs, around 200-250 words and then use media articles to support what you wrote about. E.g. Body one is on responsiveness and how the law isn't always up to date with societies changing beliefs and values as it takes time to discuss laws in parliament and pass the bills through. Then outline a media article that supports that e.g. laws on gay marriage weren't passed till 2017. Followed by an evaluation sentence, of the case/legislation in the next line, and then a concluding sentence.

U should probably watch this as well
its really helpful.

This is a sample paragraph on the imbalanced rights of offenders and society. Just use the structure 👍

The demonstration of the excessive use of force by police clearly shows that the rights of offenders and society are not being balanced, especially with regard to the neglect of the presumption of innocence. The excessive use of police force or police brutalizes the media calls it, highlights the fact that too often the rights of offenders are not being balanced. The Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002 NSW states that police may use ‘reasonable force’ when detaining a suspect, however, there are no statutory guidelines that explicitly, define what reasonable force is which leads to a miscalculated use of police discretion leading to an excessive use of force against suspects. This was evident in the death of the Brazilian student, Roberto Curti, in the Sydney CBD as police deployed a tasered 11 times against him and three cans of pepper spray. The coronial inquest into the death determined that the police officers involved definitely used an excessive amount of force in detaining Curti, which led to 4 of them being charged with assault. Due to the vagueness of the term ‘reasonable force’ in police LEPRA police are able to use excessive force against offenders under the guise of discretion which leads to a neglect of the presumption of innocence for offenders and for offenders. Evidently the rights of offenders are blamed to a limited extent in the criminal justice system due to ‘grey’ areas in the system that allow police brutality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)