• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legalise Weapons in Australia? So we can be like Americans? (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
dani_danoz said:
Um, no. I don't like that at all.

Are you being sarcastic? I hope so.

If not, you'd get on great with tattoodguy .... you two are definately on the same wavelength if you're being serious here.
u idiot, cant tell sarcasm from real stuff!!!!!!!!!
BUT, tattoodguy is sarcastic in a fucking racist, irrational and completely radical way. thats just fucked in the head.
that guy got my old account banned and heaps of my threads deleted.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Vangineer said:
u idiot, cant tell sarcasm from real stuff!!!!!!!!!
BUT, tattoodguy is sarcastic in a fucking racist, irrational and completely radical way. thats just fucked in the head.
that guy got my old account banned and heaps of my threads deleted.
I'm sorry, I just quickly browsed through this post, and saw tattoodguy a few times, sorry

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
but anyway.... back to the idea of legalising weapons......

There appears to be a lot of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality here... and to some respects that is true. I think the idea of legalising weapons for ALL australians is asking for trouble. If you wanted to cut back on gun crime at the moment, then focus more on the illegal importing and the black market. YES this is difficult to control, and an extremely hard/dangerous area.... but that is probably the key to reducing gun crime.

tempco

HSC
Nope, don't legalise weapons... potential benefits aren't worth potential harm.

tattoodguy

firstly, iraq is an international issue..but also concerns our government there for it has a domestic nature.

i was pointing out that as civilians we have penalties for what we do.......with rediculous sentences..but the government can do what it likes with no penalty.

if you shoot at a house and dont hurt anyone..its not that sserious.......if you shooot at a house....and hit someone in side..........that is assult with a deadly weopon or something and obvvsiously a serious thing.....i think some people just shoot at a house to make a poihnt.........if they wanted to shoot the person..they could just wait for them to come out side etc and kill them.

i dont support legalising all weopons......but the laws shoudl be laxed to allow decent people to protect them selves................we have a human right to protect ourselves and the government is obstructing us and denying us that right............

they know they cant rpotect us..............if they had morals they would alllow us some means to protect our selves.

ps - thank you to all my wonderful fans for your kind words.

pss - fuck u alll :)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Enlightened_One said:
I'm not for giving every man woman and a child a firearm. I'm just for relaxing some laws. And I only mean some.
Give one good reason to relax gun laws.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
why would you relax gun laws...? do you like crime or something?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
cherryblossom said:
why would you relax gun laws...? do you like crime or something?
Illinformed Member
If gun laws were looser and im not saying they should be there would be less crime for many reasons including but not limited to:
1) Less crime laws therefore less crimes to commit
2) Hypothetical: You are a criminal, would you rather rob someone who is armed and can kill you or someone who is defenceless?
3) Most crims get their guns from illegal imports especially if there gun is a handgun with barrel length under 4 inches or calibre above .38

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Give one good reason to relax gun laws.

Maybe you could try reading some of the other posts in this thread.

Such as:

"So pepper spray, knives etc against snakes, rabid cattle and wild dogs. Truly you've never lived on a farm. Try putting an animal out of it's misery with a knife. Especially a cow or something similiar."

AND

"Well actually the gun laws are already to constricted. A lot of rifles, owned in the majority by farmers who use them in their day to day lives, were declared illegal. This was in response to an intellecutal in the government who reckoned that criminals were about to embark upon a spree with bolt action rifles and the like.

It was a knee jerk reaction and a cheap shot at winning votes by fools who feel safer that some farmer has a longer wait between shots at the brown snake trying to bite his ankles."

Both of the above are parts of posts of mine on this thread.

But if you want a better reason:

Gun laws are so tight if I a pissed off brown snake, wild dog, mad bull or any other dangerous animal decides to have a go at me or my family etc I have to run and find my dad who has the gun licence and he has to go home to the gun locker, get the keys, get the gun, and then get the keys for the ammo locker. Load the gun and get back to where the action is. This should only take ten or more minutes and hopefully the person in danger can play round and round the rosie with a four foot brown snake.

At one time the gun would have been in easy access where someone like me could have handled the situation and saved valuable time. Luckily our farm is not too big. Imagine a 13 000 hectare property with this shit going on. You see your little sister being chased by a wild dog and you have to find your old man in
13 000 hectares.

Gun laws should be looser in those respects.

And there is the fact that most automatic rifles or semi automatic rifles have been outlawed and so if you miss the crazed cow charging you, you have to work the bolt, or lever, again instead of firing straight away. A real bastard if you're aiming at a moving target.

Last edited:

tattoodguy

hey farmer people? Do you think there are alot of guns on farms that you can get illegallly? like semi autos etc.....

Do you think most farmers have their guns registered?

K

katie_tully

tattoodguy said:
hey farmer people? Do you think there are alot of guns on farms that you can get illegallly? like semi autos etc.....

Do you think most farmers have their guns registered?
We have to have our guns registered. We also have to have a police officer come once a year and check where we store our guns, to make sure nobody can break in. We can't have semi automatics either - although some farmers do have unregistered guns, and illegal guns..

K

katie_tully

Look, honestly. What do you need a gun for in suburbia? You're in the shit as it is, if you bash/stab somebody in self defence - you have to prove that your life was in danger without doubt...So imagine the furore if you shot somebody, and it has happened. Look at the police, and the coals they are dragged over for using their weapons.

If you have ever lived on a farm, like I have for the last 13 years you'd know guns are a necessity. I hate guns. I loath guns...Yet, what do you do with 100 sheep on the brink of death because you can't feed them? What do you do with 100 kangaroos on the brink of death because there is a drought? Do you just let them die?

Guns have their uses, it's a shame human nature is the way it is.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Okay, apart from the matters relating to farmers, are there any reasons to relax gun laws?

K

katie_tully

MoonlightSonata said:
Okay, apart from the matters relating to farmers, are there any reasons to relax gun laws?
Unless somebody can put forth a logical argument as to why the average suburban family needs a gun, I don't think so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)