Let's Brainstorm (1 Viewer)

lucyinthehole

ok, how about we all think about

a) things they will almost definately ask cos they always do, and they are major parts of syllabus (unless they screw us over like in chem and ask pretty random stuff - no haber process! aargh.. ok.. need to move on....)

eg
- relativity (probably with calculations, esp in MC)
- gravitational potential energy calculations
- projectiles calculations
- photon energy calculations
- Thomson's exprmnt
- experimental design (to go along with one of the pracs)

b) things that are quite significant, but haven't really been asked yet/ could possibly be a large-mark question

- er...?

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
They will prolly put calculations for everything they can because they can have 30% calcs (I think) and there are hardly any calculations in the course...

helper

HSC
N/A
There won't be that many calculations in section b
GPE-yes it hasn't been tested

Thomson' s not long mark as it was in last year.

One long question based on an onscure dot point.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey im with you but i have absolutely no idea what they will ask!! ive looked at past papers and other than projectile motion - theres always one question - i cant get nothin!!!! HELLLLLLLLLPPP hehe

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
I'm hoping for a big projectile marker like in our trials (that I got wrong grr!)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
they seem to be liking scientists contributions, maybe a few of them could be thrown in, and what about superconductors???

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
pussy_cat said:
they seem to be liking scientists contributions, maybe a few of them could be thrown in, and what about superconductors???
Superconductors aren't that hard, and they can only ask for one scientist

lucyinthehole

argh.. ok, i'm beginning to realise that there's a lot they could ask us.... pretty stupid.. any major research dot point basically, too.

ok, here are the biggish just plain info things
- galvanometers/loudspeakers (motor effect),
- induction cooktops/electromagnetic breaking (eddy curents),
- the AC/CD debate (heh),
- how to overcome difficulties caused by heating of transformers
- solar (photovoltaic) cells + photocells
- invention of transistor (what led to, and their impact on society esp with reference to microchips/microprocessors)
- maglev trains
- possible applications of superconductors in computers, generators + motors, transmission of electricity
-

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
lol, I was thinking about that Space dot pt >_<

I guess they could ask stuff on faraday and the other guys, but i dont think they'll focus on the scientists, just their theories

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
hmmmm, i always forget the certain scientists, get them muddled up end up sayin Faraday determined charge/mass ratio or sumfin, lol although that ones pretty obvious, what did Faraday do exactly - see what i mean??!! lol
Anyway the only other prob i have is the loudspeaker and galvonometer thingy, never got it and get this it has been in like every single exam iv done - any pointers??

speersy

HSC
N/A
I am going to take a little book with all the stuff i just have to quickly memorise before i go into the exam. Like the how particle accelerators have advanced our bla blah

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
oh thats good, no wonder i knew it from somewhere, we mentioned it in class when we were deciding what subject to do, i did medical physics pphhhhewww

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)