Letter to the Editor (1 Viewer)

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
Write a letter to the editor of a magazine aimed at parents. Your letter is in response to a series of articles about the different ways teenagers communicate.(Ironic, isn't it?)

In this letter, express your opinion on the issue of teenage communication. You may write from the point of view of either a parent of a teenager.

Must start & end like this:

Dear Editor,

In response to your recent articles about teenage communication, I would like to say that

Yours faithfully
M. C. Person

If I were to get this sort of extended response in the SC, am I allowed to make up article content? For example, making up a story about the way teenagers communicate. If you're wondering why I'm asking about this, it's because I have trails in 2 days. :read:

klaris

HSC
Yeah, of course. But you have to be able to back it up.

For example you can't just say:

"Teenagers today have poor communication skills because they mumble"

You have to have valid points and enough info to back-up those points. On the other hand you could say:

"Teenagers today have much better communication skills than fifty years ago because the use of the internet and mobile phones enables them to communicate with their peers/family more often and much more easily."

Hope this helps.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yes, you can make it up. Guess what? that was the question in my SC trial last year :p

Jeee

Banned
HSC
that means that there will be a high probability that we will not have to a letter to the editor doesn't it?
No, because school trials are bought from an outside source, or your school makes them. The former is more common in most schools.

Jaylee42003

HSC
It is a creative writing peace - be creative! Make up facts, make it interesting. Just think about the poor teachers who have to mark the response; poor handwriting, unoriginal ideas, and blue pen can really tire them. Make yours as interesting, creative and original as possible. This will help you score the marks. :)

P.S. I did my SC last year and am in year 11: don't let this "HSC: 2011" mislead you.

firstneg

HSC
No, because school trials are bought from an outside source, or your school makes them. The former is more common in most schools.
oops lol i only skimmed the response and in turn i missed the crucial wording of 'trial'
my tendency to do that must be depleted before the massive about of M.C. questions in the S.C. lol

klaris

HSC
Btw, it's better if you go for the positive rather than the negative because the positive has more points and it is much easier to elaborate on.

Hope this helps, again.

PM me if you have any worries

klaris

HSC
No worries, Eddie. Like I said PM if you need any help.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
i tend to begin such letters in the form a narrative
for eg. "i walk into the room, my eyes fixated to the laptop sui genris. I commence my hour of chatting, my mind pondering about the new contingencies i may encounter today.
It could evidently be said that such a routine is a norm in a teen's life today."
i really dont know how effective this is, i just find it appealing and use it.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought they provide you with some sample statistics and facts that you can collate in your text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)