Letter writing tips (1 Viewer)

Uber Leet

HSC
I have been looking around for some good tips on letter writing for my english task. With the bored osf studies recourses in-accessible to me since the site is down, can anyone provide some tips on how to incorporate first person into letter writing. So far my letter sounds more like an essay :eek:

Heres a part of my letter/essay i wrote so far:

Dear Sir/Madam
I write this letter to discuss the effectiveness of Willy Russel’s play “Educating Rita” and Director Robert Luketic’s “Legally Blond”; which both display a phase of discovering their selves and going “Into the world”.
Wanting to get an education and change her life and expectations, Rita confined to her social class and lack of knowledge; does a university course to change her life taking her into a new world.
The composer uses symbolism of the door and her struggle to enter to show a barrier between Rita and her goal reinforcing the idea that the goal she wants is no easy target.
“Im comin’ in aren’t I? Its that stupid bleedin’ handle on the door. You wanna get it fixed!” shows the struggle of Rita entering her new way in life and the initial prospect of what she will face to reach her goal.
By wanting to discover herself; Rita says “see I wanna discover me self first” from which from which she wants to discover a potential that education can provide.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Before you start, ask yourself a few basic questions:

Who am I writing to?

Why am I writing to them?

What is my arguement?

What do they need to know?

Why do they need to do it?

What is the desired result in sending the letter?

By knowing all this, your language should automatically become more personalised, because your writing has a purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)