LG KS360 = Death trap? (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I have owned this phone for around 2-3 months now, and it's spent more time in the shop than in my hand.

It WAS a great phone, for about a week or two, then it started to turn off, and on (really odd thing for a phone to turn itself on for no reason) and would freeze and turn off instantly during text messaging.

I took it into Allphones (where I bought the handset) and they sent it off on warranty.
When it came back two weeks later, after about two days it started to exhibit more symptoms. It would unlock itself in my pocket, and was consequently dialing numbers.

Also. This is really strange.

It would randomly unlock itself (without me even touching it, ie. it sitting on the coffee table), select the last recorded call on the ingoing/outgoing calls list and dial it. I had to delete every call record in the phone so it wouldn't cost me money.
It also went through a two hour long phase where ANY button, even sliding the phone open, would result in the "green" or "dial" command being activated.

It was most likely possessed by a ghost or demon or something.

Took it to Allphones. LG exorcized the demons and repaired the damage.

It came back to me last week, and I discovered that there was a rattling sound in the casing of the phone itself. It seemed that there was a small screw or small object loose inside the phone.

That's just bad workmanship!
And guess what? It randomly dialed my girlfriend at 11 am on a Wednesday...

I'm at University at that time....

With my phone switched off.

Or the lecturer kills me in my sleep.

So. I hate this phone. When it comes back, if anything goes wrong with it, I'm just going to ring LG and request another model of phone be sent to me.

Anyone else have any bad experiences with this phone?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
This is perfectly normal behaviour..........

of an LG product.

It is not surprising LG products are defective.
- My friend's new LG phone ceased working after the first 8 hours of use.
- Our LG washing machine was known to reset the wash cycle timer, so it would wash and wash and wash....
- Our LG DVD Player turns itself onto standby REGARDLESS of what button you press.

FUCK LG

LordNecro

HSC
got the exact same phone, i am experiencing turnoff problems(it shuts itself off)

and yeah...thats all i've had so far. had it for 3-4 months.

Every time it happens i pull out battery, put back in and it doesnt do it for like another 4-6 days

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I tried that, made it worse lol.

All of my problems started with a simple turning off problem.

I advise you to take it in. If it comes back broken like mine, demand a different model of phone. They usually replace the current phone with the model that you demand.

Haha.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

of an LG product.

- Our LG washing machine was known to reset the wash cycle timer, so it would wash and wash and wash....
- Our LG DVD Player turns itself onto standby REGARDLESS of what button you press.

FUCK LG
Really? I found LG to be good with anything else...

OTHER THAN MOBILE PHONES!!!

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
I have owned this phone for around 2-3 months now, and it's spent more time in the shop than in my hand.

It WAS a great phone, for about a week or two, then it started to turn off, and on (really odd thing for a phone to turn itself on for no reason) and would freeze and turn off instantly during text messaging.

I took it into Allphones (where I bought the handset) and they sent it off on warranty.
When it came back two weeks later, after about two days it started to exhibit more symptoms. It would unlock itself in my pocket, and was consequently dialing numbers.

Also. This is really strange.

It would randomly unlock itself (without me even touching it, ie. it sitting on the coffee table), select the last recorded call on the ingoing/outgoing calls list and dial it. I had to delete every call record in the phone so it wouldn't cost me money.
It also went through a two hour long phase where ANY button, even sliding the phone open, would result in the "green" or "dial" command being activated.

It was most likely possessed by a ghost or demon or something.

Took it to Allphones. LG exorcized the demons and repaired the damage.

It came back to me last week, and I discovered that there was a rattling sound in the casing of the phone itself. It seemed that there was a small screw or small object loose inside the phone.

That's just bad workmanship!
And guess what? It randomly dialed my girlfriend at 11 am on a Wednesday...

I'm at University at that time....

With my phone switched off.

Or the lecturer kills me in my sleep.

So. I hate this phone. When it comes back, if anything goes wrong with it, I'm just going to ring LG and request another model of phone be sent to me.

Anyone else have any bad experiences with this phone?
OMFG!
i thought LG is good...
first i had U8 360,
then LG shine

they both didnt bother me
now guess what?!

:eek:!i've just bought KS360!:eek:

what shall i do?

huh?
huh?

i also want LG viewty <<< (i m not sure if it is the right spelling )

i am sure that thing will crap like urs

what brand of mobile handset should i buy next time?
do u think sony ericsson is better?
:confused:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Personally, I don't really like Ericsson. The menu system is rather cumbersome and boring. They are ultra-reliable though (like most sony products).

Nokia are bland and boring. That's right, I said it.

Samsung are good.

Your choice ultimately.

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
Personally, I don't really like Ericsson. The menu system is rather cumbersome and boring. They are ultra-reliable though (like most sony products).

Nokia are bland and boring. That's right, I said it.

Samsung are good.

Your choice ultimately.

so, are you dumping out your KS360?

~::UAI::~

Life is Wonderful
HSC
Definitely go for SE, Very very reliable, never had problems with the mobile fr year, so far, my first SE w310i lasted me 3 years, just got SEw910i and it's seems pretty reliable, even though i illegally went and got it change into Chinese >_<

LG - Life Is NOT Good. LOL
Nokia - very plain but otherwise quite reliable as well

definitely request for a refund for the LG phone

Uncle

Banned
HSC
definitely go for se, very very reliable, never had problems with the mobile fr year, so far, my first se w310i lasted me 3 years, just got sew910i and it's seems pretty reliable, even though i illegally went and got it change into chinese >_<

lg - life is not good. Lol
nokia - very plain but otherwise quite reliable as well

definitely request for a refund for the lg phone
lol

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
so, are you dumping out your KS360?
Yeah. I'm currently selling it for $160-$170. It works fine now, I just can't stand the sight of it anymore lol. The $170 will allow me to buy a new phone.

I can't get a refund on the phone as it's been a couple of months, and it's been in the shop so many times.

spence

HSC
My viewty always manages to unlock itself and open my phonebook. It doesn't make phantom calls though

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
My parents both got LG mobiles. They started to act weird 2 weeks after obtaining them; shutting off by themselves, short battery life, phone locking not functioning properly. Had to go into the 3 store so many times, it was extremely frustrating. It was the first type of phone which they both got other than Nokia. They're making sure not to get LG phones when our mobile phone plans expire.

Overall anything LG = GG
Hence get Samsung, Nokia or Sony Ericsson. I've always had faith in all 3 products.

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
My parents both got LG mobiles. They started to act weird 2 weeks after obtaining them; shutting off by themselves, short battery life, phone locking not functioning properly. Had to go into the 3 store so many times, it was extremely frustrating. It was the first type of phone which they both got other than Nokia. They're making sure not to get LG phones when our mobile phone plans expire.

Overall anything LG = GG
Hence get Samsung, Nokia or Sony Ericsson. I've always had faith in all 3 products.
ok

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

of an LG product.

FUCK LG
Plus LG phone prices seem to depreciate faster than others in my opinion.

bluesoleli

HSC
Uni Grad
I've had alot of good luck with LG products in the past except for my LG 17" CRT monitor which decided to die one day.
I still have an LG KG245 sitting around as the emergency phone. The only reason I got a new phone to replace that one was because the battery life was crap. 2-3 days at most on standby.
I now use only Nokia phones as they are ultra reliable. They look really boring and bland, but they work perfectly year after year. My N73 is two years old now and hasn't had a problem just yet. Solid as rock.
But I did however own a Sony Ericsson J200i a couple of years back and that thing was atrocious. I had to return it for warranty continuously due to the screen blanking out or not being able to charge at all. I gave up on that one after its warranty ended.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I know a few people with this phone and love it and have had no issues with it.

cassieagill

HSC
ive had this phone for 6 months and after more than several drops onto the concrete its still growing strong...the only problem ive had with it is that sometimes after ive sent a message it may freeze for a few seconds...but its only sometimes and its not for long enough to really bother me anyway...altogether i think its a pretty good phone...

klaris

HSC
I was considering getting this phone coz they seemed awesome with a really good camera. But after reading 2 pages of posters' say how crapimoli these phones are; buh-bye LG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)