Liberal is better than Labour (1 Viewer)

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
I think Persephone meant that whatever the public wants, the major parties will promise it...

Which is the problem with our system. What ever happened to ideas such as ministerial responsibilty. He who fucked it up took the consequences.

Political parties ought to be held by the law to their promises. That'd make things a little clearer and stop them trying to see who can bullshit the best. Albeit a fool's dream
Thats what I meant.

But sadly it is they or the high Court judges who makes laws, and not the ordinary citizens. We just vote for the better of two options.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Political parties ought to be held by the law to their promises. That'd make things a little clearer and stop them trying to see who can bullshit the best. Albeit a fool's dream
that is even more ridiculous. what if their promise turns out not to work? or if they made a promise that no one realised they made and don't actually like?

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
You have a good point. Adjustification: a law to enforce the intention to carry out the promises? with an adendum stating alterations/cancellations can be made?

This is stupid. Firstly, you can come up with alterations and cancellation excuses for anything, but even the basic idea is flawed. You are somehow going to enforce a law, comitting people to certain purposes of action, and restricting their freedom to make decisions to something that was decided 2 years ago, or something. You're allowed to exaggerate a bit according to the law, as long as a reasonable man wouldn't believe an outright lie.

If you're not happy with the way politicians are behaving regarding their promises, show it with your vote.

joshhopp

HSC
Clearly everyone agrees. Liberal is better than Labour. If you disagree you're incorrect.

I did an in class essay on Augustus, 15% task. I did 6 pages and I think I may have got top of the class. What do you think?

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Neither political party is better than any other. It all relies on whether they keep their promises. Latham wont and Howard hasnt done so bad promise wise.

But both suck

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by joshhopp
Clearly everyone agrees. Liberal is better than Labour. If you disagree you're incorrect.

I did an in class essay on Augustus, 15% task. I did 6 pages and I think I may have got top of the class. What do you think?
OMG AND I DID 7 PAGES IN MY LAST IN-CLASS ESSAY! FEEL THE RELEVANCE, BABY!

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
But you know what was really fucked up. The state government promising they won't force councils to algamate, and then going back on their word. The government probably managed to get in on the votes from the people who thought they were saving their council.
ANd then the government goes back on it's word, so the government came into power upon false pretences, and there is nothing than can be done about it.....

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Labor Government what do you expect, of course it makes those Shire of Hume folk pretty upset considering they all have large areas of land and there rates are about to triple when they join the City of Albury :rofl:

joshhopp

HSC
I don't get it; are you saying that it was relevent or not?

I think that the war on Iraq is justified. In addition, the Kyoto protocol should be subscribed to by Aus.

stamos

sellout
HSC
Originally posted by joshhopp
I don't get it; are you saying that it was relevent or not?

I think that the war on Iraq is justified. In addition, the Kyoto protocol should be subscribed to by Aus.
Labor agreed with both... Libs don't support kyoto

who are you supporting again? :p

caity

this whole subject about politics really pisses me off because in most cases people our age don't have their "own" opinions about the two parties they just follow their parents who rant n rave at the tv when their disliked party is being spoken about....if u really want to find out who the better party is why dont u research all their sucesses and failures. Personally I like the labor government and so does my mum, so yeah i'm biased i admit, but i'm sorry john howard is the biggest idiot, i feel sorry for Iraq yeah it was a shit hole b4 but look at it now dont u people watch the news...the country is a fkn disaster because of the stupid cocky americans who our dumbass priminister is in love with! and the GST god do the taxes wana get any higher my mum wont b able to feed me soon lol our governments policies are seriously just benefiting the higher parts of society and if u disagree then ur parents are probably alright off and u would have no concept of what it is like to be near poverty, try being in a single parent family, then maybe you will understand the shit that goes on. P.S-costello is even more of a shithead than john howard, god i hope he never gets the position of prime minister...:(

Becc

The politician is just a figurehead.
They aren't the ones really thinking.

I don't reckon I would vote Liberal. I have NO idea who my parents vote for, i don't really care, never even considered asking. But if John Howard's Liberal government is just going to follow in the footsteps of the American governements then there is no way I would vote for him. There are too many secrets, and too much lying in politics.

The way richer countries treat developing countries is atrocious (you know i don't think i can spell that word). It'd be horrible for Australia to go down that path to join the "big league".

Last edited:

malkin86

HSC

IIRC, didn't Howard promise a whole heap of vote-grabbing stuff at one point, and then say that they were 'non-core promises' so he didn't have to keep them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)