Liberal or Labor? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
if however, you have a sense of compassion for our ageing population and those on modest incomes, you are for this tax reform.
Why should we have compassion for those who've spent big today without thinking about tomorrow?

Existential

HSC
N/A
Why should we have compassion for those who've spent big today without thinking about tomorrow?
stop stereotyping.

in a capitalist society even the careful spenders/savers can remain on middle-class economic states.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
stop stereotyping.

in a capitalist society even the careful spenders/savers can remain on middle-class economic states.
How come everyone can afford to live with their takehome knocked down by compulsory super today, but 20 years ago they couldn't possibly conceive of putting that 9% away for their retirement?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
stop stereotyping.

yeah, guy, totally

Hey man I want your car + house and I'm entitled to it because I don't have my own house + car and you have no say in the matter because I want it

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Look I'll just take your stuff at gunpoint but it's okay because we're teaching the super rich!

Lentern

HSC
He managed a multi-billion dollar company, was responsible for tens of thousands of employees...

Hardly doing nothing.
My god you're Thucydides, wealth makes rights, the rich shall do what they can and the poor shall suffer what they must.

He managed the company poorly(imo), that number of employees could have been higher under better management, far from being productive, i'd call that destructive.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
My god you're Thucydides, wealth makes rights, the rich shall do what they can and the poor shall suffer what they must.

He managed the company poorly(imo), that number of employees could have been higher under better management, far from being productive, i'd call that destructive.
One does not generally get into a CEO's chair without proving themselves at lower management levels, and one does not remain there by fucking everything up.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A

Got the boot from the shareholders, not saying he wasn't a fucking godawful director, but he didn't just sit around for 5 years and play with his dick singing greensleeves...

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
But of course the wisdom gained by people in business is without value, because any knowledge of any process is without value thus paying people millions to sit on a board of directors is just unfair and not true blue

it's just not fair dinkum!

Lentern

HSC
One does not generally get into a CEO's chair without proving themselves at lower management levels, and one does not remain there by fucking everything up.
Sol did not remain there, are you honestly telling me you think Telstra under Sol was well managed?

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
We're the land of the fair go harvester with the sunburnt beaches and shores, so who cares if curtin sends the soldiers in to mug the bosses to pay for the flags we wrap ourselves in!

The Tall Poppies have to go sonny jim!

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Sol did not remain there, are you honestly telling me you think Telstra under Sol was well managed?
Telstra exists in its current lumbering old-fashioned esoteric way because it was afforded a government-protected monopoly for so long.

For fuck's sake, part of the NBN stipulates that other ISP's can't undercut the NBN's prices god damn it

Lentern

HSC
Got the boot from the shareholders, not saying he wasn't a fucking godawful director, but he didn't just sit around for 5 years and play with his dick singing greensleeves...
I'm not suggesting he was lazy or even incompetent. But in his role despite good intentions, hard work and perhaps even fierce intellect one can still fail as he did.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
I'm not suggesting he was lazy or even incompetent. But in his role despite good intentions, hard work and perhaps even fierce intellect one can still fail as he did.
This underscores how he had money for doing nothing... how exactly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)