Liberal or Labor? (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
This underscores how he had money for doing nothing... how exactly?
I said he wasn't productive, not that he did nothing. His decisions ultimately cost the company money and he was paid highly to make them. But you know of course it was the government, fucking loony.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sol did not remain there, are you honestly telling me you think Telstra under Sol was well managed?
So he's not making money from it anymore. Are you honestly telling me, without the benefit of hindsight, that appointing him was an inappropriate risk? He was highly successful in his prior post as CEO of Orange.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
I said he wasn't productive, not that he did nothing. His decisions ultimately cost the company money and he was paid highly to make them. But you know of course it was the government, fucking loony.
No, the point I'm making is that Telstra is in its current position because of the Government. Sol acted like Telstra was a monopoly, which it is, because Telstra has control of all of the infrastructure, which the Liberals stupidly sold off as part of the t3 offerings along with Telstra.

Thus Sol could keep Australia behind the rest of the world for ~5 years and fuck us, because of how stupidly the Telstra sell off was handled.

He didn't do anything great for the company but he sure as FUCK made Telstra a lot of money.

Lentern

HSC
So he's not making money from it anymore. Are you honestly telling me, without the benefit of hindsight, that appointing him was an inappropriate risk? He was highly successful in his prior post as CEO of Orange.
No not at all, all I am doing is challenging the suggestion made by Rothbard that all rich people are being productive.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
No not at all, all I am doing is challenging the suggestion made by Rothbard that all rich people are being productive.

Being paid what the board of directors think you are worth...

Lentern

HSC
No, the point I'm making is that Telstra is in its current position because of the Government. Sol acted like Telstra was a monopoly, which it is, because Telstra has control of all of the infrastructure, which the Liberals stupidly sold off as part of the t3 offerings along with Telstra.

Thus Sol could keep Australia behind the rest of the world for ~5 years and fuck us, because of how stupidly the Telstra sell off was handled.

He didn't do anything great for the company but he sure as FUCK made Telstra a lot of money.
Short term profits don't translate directly into productivity. By your own admission the weren't great for the company on the whole. Which brings me back to, you can be rich without actually being productive.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Short term profits don't translate directly into productivity. By your own admission the weren't great for the company on the whole. Which brings me back to, you can be rich without actually being productive.
~working as a CEO~

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Making poor decisions, missing out on opportunities, weakening the service, weakening the competitiveness, damaging long term prospects.
~making profits for the shareholders~

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Come on do the obvious one of people who inherit money or who live off investments

come on Lenty you can do it!

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
So because he is a CEO he shouldn't be remunerated unless he has a performance like Steve Jobs?

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
So basically you're attempting to shift the definition of productive
in order

to prove????

Lentern

HSC
Come on do the obvious one of people who inherit money or who live off investments

come on Lenty you can do it!
The one i've already used works just fine for all but the deluded Austrian school on steroids free market hacks which can't distinguish between wealth and productivity. My next example was actually going to be Alan Bond.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
you do understand that it's not just austrians who see wealth as productive capacity, yeah?

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Like you're aware how investment works and how the whole wealth thing works, and generally how exceptions aren't a foolproof 100% disputation of the domain of the problem, yeah?

Lentern

HSC
So basically you're attempting to shift the definition of productive
in order

to prove????
I didn't study business at high school or university my interests laid in law and politics, I would suggest though that if the current definition meant merely that productivity equals raw profits it is a rather flawed definition. Then again, business and economics from the squizzes I've had at them are rather flawed concepts.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
I didn't study business at high school or university my interests laid in law and politics, I would suggest though that if the current definition meant merely that productivity equals raw profits it is a rather flawed definition. Then again, business and economics from the squizzes I've had at them are rather flawed concepts.
The fault dear brutus...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you took all the people who are paid as much as he was, and averaged out the amount the companies they lead increased in value, you'd have a very solid surplus. It'd be like saying that just because 9/10 business ideas come to nothing we shouldn't try anything new, these are simply unavoidable risks which come off in the aggregate. Additionally, I have no doubt that they all work exceptionally hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)