Liberal or Labor? (2 Viewers)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
that was the worst political add i have ever seen. everyone hates those "50% off everything" adds anyways, so its combining fail with abbott's bias views.

yeah i agree. labor have made some mistakes, but the liberals have no social conscience whatsoever and their lack of policy pisses everyone off. it seems that abbott is oposing for the sake of opposing (obviously) eg. opposes mining tax, but wants PPL tax.
the liberal party is the stupid party dummy

they're both essentially the same if you actually pay close attention though

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well if I were old enough to vote, I would vote for the Greens but if I had to pick between the two;

Tony Abbott-the one with unparalleled stupidity who was Howard's little wing man for ages. Is he racist? Is he a misogynist? Is he ignorant? Yes to all three.

Kevin Rudd-well you can speak Mandarin but have a lot of trouble even setting up a home insulation scheme. You've bungled so many things, and didn't stick to many election promises (except rolling out my nanny net laptop). At least you appear to be trying to put money into hospitals and schools (even though you tend to bungle a few school gyms). And you are mildly more charismatic than Tony.

So I guess Kevin wins over Tony, too bad the country loses if either get in.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Tony Abbott-the one with unparalleled stupidity who was Howard's little wing man for ages. Is he racist? Is he a misogynist? Is he ignorant? Yes to all three.
you are the stupidest person in the entire world

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well if I were old enough to vote, I would vote for the Greens but if I had to pick between the two;

Kevin Rudd-well you can speak Mandarin but have a lot of trouble even setting up a home insulation scheme. You've bungled so many things, and didn't stick to many election promises (except rolling out my nanny net laptop). At least you appear to be trying to put money into hospitals and schools (even though you tend to bungle a few school gyms). And you are mildly more charismatic than Tony.

So I guess Kevin wins over Tony, too bad the country loses if either get in.
Why on god's green earth (lol) would you ever vote for the Greens? Do you see them as a genuine alternative or as a protest vote against the major parties?

Also Abbott is a Rhodes scholar so while he may be misguided and occasionally a bit of a twit, he is anything but stupid

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Why on god's green earth (lol) would you ever vote for the Greens? Do you see them as a genuine alternative or as a protest vote against the major parties?

Also Abbott is a Rhodes scholar so while he may be misguided and occasionally a bit of a twit, he is anything but stupid
- We need a legit 3rd party like in the UK, greens are the ONLY candidate out there

- Only party that aren't virulently anti gay, anti freedom, anti environment, pro business

:cool:

also they're a lot more mainstream than they were 10 or 20 years ago, lol

Last edited:

Rothbard

HSC
N/A

My ballot

1 LDP

2 GRN

3 corporatist parties

EDIT: Drug decriminalisation/legalisation

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The Greens' incredible hypocrisy over "environmental" policies is frustrating, though. If they really cared about climate change and pollution and shit they would support nuclear energy.

Existential

HSC
N/A

many people are over the bs political antics between labor and liberal - therefore they say they're both as bad as eachother and vote for the only other developed independent party.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
But depending on how they vote, the vote preferences generally flow to Labor :s

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
I'm going to start my own party and run on this platform;

1) Elimination of practically all non-white immigration. Immigration levels from all sources will be drastically reduced.

2) Restructuring the baby-bonus so that the recipients must meet rigorous criteria like general intelligence, conscientious measures, physical attractiveness and general health

3) Restructuring educational curriculums from the primary to tertiary level, decrease amount of time necessary to complete tertiary degrees

4) Anti-sprawl measures, mandated architectural style-sheets to restore aesthetic value to urban areas

5) Pro-industry measures to encourage manufacturing and increase industrial output

6) Mandatory slave-labor for percentage of prison population and asylum seekers (until they are able or willing to return home)

7) Option of free-abortions to undesirables

8) Aboriginal self-determination

9) Nuclear energy

10) Legitimate attempt to address climate-change

11) Stronger emphasis on preventative medicine

12) High-validity employment aptitude testing to eliminate unnecessary taking of degrees to be considered for employment, reduce college population

13) Increase legal retirement age

14) Target for obesity rates to be around 5% of population

15) Reduce number of births out-of-wedlock and pathologies associated with single-parent households by making divorces much harder to get

16) Subsidize engineering degrees

17) Improve transportation infrastructure

18) High-speed rail

19) Elimination of anti-discrimination laws and race-based quota systems

Any more suggestions?

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

1) Elimination of practically all non-white immigration. Immigration levels from all sources will be drastically reduced.

2) Restructuring the baby-bonus so that the recipients must meet rigorous criteria like general intelligence, conscientious measures, physical attractiveness and general health

3) Restructuring educational curriculums from the primary to tertiary level, decrease amount of time necessary to complete tertiary degrees

4) Anti-sprawl measures, mandated architectural style-sheets to restore aesthetic value to urban areas

5) Pro-industry measures to encourage manufacturing and increase industrial output

6) Mandatory slave-labor for percentage of prison population and asylum seekers (until they are able or willing to return home)

9) Nuclear energy

12) High-validity employment aptitude testing to eliminate unnecessary taking of degrees to be considered for employment, reduce college population

15) Reduce number of births out-of-wedlock and pathologies associated with single-parent households by making divorces much harder to get

18) High-speed rail

Any more suggestions?
Deport the non-whites already here.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
I don't think that is completely necessary, but some groups definitely have it coming (The Vietnamese, the Lebanese, the Maori, etc.)

badquinton304

HSC

9) Nuclear energy

18) High-speed rail

Any more suggestions?
You would be met with much resistance.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Why are we posting on a site that is run by a labor Jew?

Lentern

HSC

Oh poo poo nobody cares about their qualifications. You're happy to belittle Craig Emerson and Wayne Swan when they're both university lecturers. It's open game in politics, what you did when you were twenty doesn't matter anymore its what you say when you're there and since he arrived he has conducted himself like a massive dunce, whether he weighed in on abortions, indigenous Australians, asylum seekers, climate change, economics or political conduct generally he has time after time come up looking naive and out of his depth. He is the every opposite of Paul Keating and I mean that in every negative way and no positive ones.

badquinton304

HSC
Oh poo poo nobody cares about their qualifications. You're happy to belittle Craig Emerson and Wayne Swan when they're both university lecturers. It's open game in politics, what you did when you were twenty doesn't matter anymore its what you say when you're there and since he arrived he has conducted himself like a massive dunce, whether he weighed in on abortions, indigenous Australians, asylum seekers, climate change, economics or political conduct generally he has time after time come up looking naive and out of his depth. He is the every opposite of Paul Keating and I mean that in every negative way and no positive ones.
I never understood the keating comparisons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)