Liberals propose WorkChoices 2.0! (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Labor saved us from the worst of the 2008-2010 Economic recession.

Liberals do give more employment freedom to employers, although this is bad for all employees.
except the ones who can't get a job because businesses are forced to pay too much and can't risk "unfair" dismissal of shit workers

although I guess by definition the unemployed aren't actually employees

so by extension of your own logic having 90% unemployment where the 10% employed have a minimum wage of $1000/hr and 30 weeks paid leave is JUST FINE

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
so by extension of your own logic having 90% unemployment where the 10% employed have a minimum wage of $1000/hr and 30 weeks paid leave is JUST FINE
No. Absolutely not. Show me a country though that can function where there is 90% unemployment? It would never happen.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
For a start, Labor repealled WorkChoices and gave fairer working conditions back to the Australian people.
I'm still waiting for you to explain why labor are better than the liberals at economic management.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
It took the Liberals 11 years to come up with WorkChoices and it was easily one of the worst polciies from any side of government in the past 50 years of Australian politics. the Liberal were once strong on the economy, they lost that a long tiem ago though, labor is now better on the economy than the Liberals are.
You're an idiot.

The only bad thing about Workchoices was that it was an increase in federal powers.

0bs3n3

HSC
For a start, Labor repealled WorkChoices and gave fairer working conditions back to the Australian people.
Lol.

Populism =/= good economic management.

No. Absolutely not. Show me a country though that can function where there is 90% unemployment? It would never happen.
You just disagreed with your own logic.

Last edited:

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I don't think he has a logic.. he just basically posts what comes into his head regardless of whether it's correct or not.
I think I will simply ignore you from now on if all you want to do is resort to childish name calling and cannot be civilized.

Existential

HSC
N/A
whether this will happen is a more important argument than why it should/shouldnt happen.

let me put this in perspective - the liberals (assuming they return to gov't) will have a very tough job trying to reintroduce similar IR laws in the face of another labor/union 'rights at work' campaign.

the libs' position atm is to keep the fair work act in place and only amend it after their first term (again, assuming they get back in).

i very much doubt the chances of 'workchoices 2.0' in the next couple of years to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)