Life at UNSW (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
Are the people good therE? Or are they a bunch of wankers? I know the facilities, reputation and teachers are good there but im not sure about the people yet? So??

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I'm not doing a Commerce degree but I study at ASB and hear students and lecturers. Most I'd say are kind hearted and are studious. And this:

everyone is chinese there especially in commerce

RishBonjour

HSC
Are the people good therE? Or are they a bunch of wankers? I know the facilities, reputation and teachers are good there but im not sure about the people yet? So??
a question like this from a first year student. so much lols

its the same as every other uni. How can you generalise THAT much "are people good there? or are they a bunch of wankers"

so much lollllssssssss

And mate, teachers aren't great - you probably have this perfect image of UNSW/USYD being all top notch in everything. Its the same as Macquarie/UTS - probably just with a smarter/more serious cohort, definitely harder exams, and some solid researchers (obvs) - doesn't necessarily mean they are great lecturers (some are though - they make you love some subjects).

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
What's with all the negativity for Commerce people? I'm a Commerce student, and from my experience, I find other Commerce students to be pretty decent people. Sure, there are some wankers out there, but there's wankers EVERYWHERE. And there *are* a lot of Chinese in Commerce, but like everyone else said earlier, UNSW's filled with Asians (whether they're Australian-born or overseas), so if you can't really handle that many Asians, you should probably think of going to another uni.

darkdog307

HSC
I thought everyone at unsw would be shit selective/private school kidos, but people in commerce are actually pretty cool.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought everyone at unsw would be shit selective/private school kidos, but people in commerce are actually pretty cool.
Ain't nobody got the time to be a high uppity class prick. :D

But in all seriousness, people in UNSW are pretty cool. Most of 'em know when to let loose, which is a huge improvement from where I came from.

Frostbitten

HSC
I love it how the amount of Asians in a university has the potential sway someone's decision to go there. Society is so fucked up haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)