Lights (1 Viewer)

chousta

HSC
:uhoh: hey all,

just wondering if its illegal to change the colour of the side indictors from that crap yellow to a blue, and also change the one of the front lights (the little one to a blue colour).

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Indicators must be yellow if the car is going to be used on the road. Hmm i've seen a few people with small Led's for their side front headlights, talk to the people at the body, carshop/bodyshop they should know which one's are street legal or not.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I saw someone with red indicator lights the other day... don't know if it is legal or not.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
nope, the cops will defect you for them. you can only have normal coloured parkers or the white LED type (although the heat emitted by halogen lights will fuck up some types of LED bulbs)
its not illegal to have them, but it is illegal to use them whilst driving.... so yeah lol

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
lolwhat

The blue/green/yellow/etc shaded headlights are legal, but indicators need to be amber/orange.

EDIT: Are we talking the lights you pick up from supercheap that you stick in yourself, cos those are legal.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
Azamakumar said:
lolwhat

The blue/green/yellow/etc shaded headlights are legal, but indicators need to be amber/orange.

EDIT: Are we talking the lights you pick up from supercheap that you stick in yourself, cos those are legal.
no hes talking about replacing the parkers with those superbright blue LEDs
i have absolutely no idea what "blue/green/yellow/etc shaded headlights" you are talking about. are you sure you didn't dream that lol

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
They're normal headlight bulbs which burn at diff temps. When you're driving you can see a <insert chosen colour>ish tinge on the ground that your lights cover, and people looking at your lights see <insert colour> from whereever they stand. They're really cool.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
oh what are they like... called or whatever? and how much? i've only seen the regular halogen bulbs or the ones that claim to be "xenon" or whatever.... not the ones you are talking about

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
tbh the last time i bought em was like 2000, but heaps of people still use em. Just look around the bulb section of supercheap. Don' t know if they still make em for old cars though, they are pretty old school, and asking for halogen ones may be a bit much.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
eh ok ill have a look... pretty sure they dont exist any more..... i have seen what you're talking about before on a couple of cars (ss commo's and the like) but pretty sure they were HID's....

F2001

HSC
You can look into doing a HID conversion for your car.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Just about all modifications to cars are defects cause cops are faggots and the RTA are cunts. I doubt even firebombing both will stop them from trying to defect you. Doesn't mean you shouldn't go ahead with it though.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Only performance mods call out defects iirc. So pretty much anything that saves you fuel/makes your car more efficient.

Top fucking stuff there RTA.

F2001

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Only performance mods call out defects iirc. So pretty much anything that saves you fuel/makes your car more efficient.

Top fucking stuff there RTA.
How do you get in a position for a defect notice in the first place?

Surely only if the driver+car did something (incredibly) stupid at the time to get pulled over/inspected/impounded (even then what will police look for? an air intake? lol. I bet if the engine bay is typically kept clean and "hidden" mods are done such as chip/flash I don't see what they can do/prove at the time )

The pink slip system is a joke too, if you know your mechanics very well (as most would) they don't really bother checking your car. I reckon you could run without cats and get away with rego...

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
F2001 said:
How do you get in a position for a defect notice in the first place?
I've been pulled over once, wasn't speeding/driving like a tool, and before you pull the 'lol u drv a japanse hoon car' line on me, it was a beetle. I was breathalysed and got to chill outside my car in the freezing fucking cold for 15 minutes while some faggot officer looked in my engine bay with a giant torch. This was in the city just under the harbour bridge.

The system's a joke.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
F2001 said:
The pink slip system is a joke too, if you know your mechanics very well (as most would) they don't really bother checking your car. I reckon you could run without cats and get away with rego...
I've passed many a pink slip without a working speedo, horn, brakes or tyres.

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
Graney said:
I've passed many a pink slip without a working speedo, horn, brakes or tyres.
Tell me, which service station in NSW. . .

* HID kits for halogen complianced headlights are a no no. (Issue of headlight levellers etc).

* Blue LED as side-repeater lamps, no. Clear 'look' variety = yes, IF the colour emitted is amber.

* You can use replacment PLUS 30, 50 etc bulbs in headlights (recommended), including Arctic Blue types - basically compliant bulbs bear "E Marks", so look for those.

- Artic blue type tend to give a white-white light within normal halogen bulbed beam parameter, ditto the Plus 30/50 etc variety except that high-beam will tend to see 'further out'.

No blue light externally whatsoever, applies to all technology including LED.

* Replacement ADR and National Vehicle Standards compliant 'lamps' will bear either ADR markings (per function) or E marks- for compliance. Therefore, AVOID non- ADR or E marked marked lamp products.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)