Likelihood of a North Korean Attack (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Why can't Kim Jong-il be assassinated? That little prick pisses me off with his weird looks.

The SK and NK should be left to their business, SK should stop being pussies and unite the Korean peninsula by force!

Because after ~50 attempts on Cubas president, the CIA knew they couldnt hit a ant with a Nuke.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Why can't Kim Jong-il be assassinated? That little prick pisses me off with his weird looks.

The SK and NK should be left to their business, SK should stop being pussies and unite the Korean peninsula by force!
There were programs to train special forces in South Korea to go into Pyongyang and assassinate Kim Il-sung (Jong-Il's father) back in '70s, but it came to nothing due to thawing of relationship. Personally I suspect certain units in South Korean special forces have been training under such a mission scenario for years.

As to why South doesn't try to unite North by force, a few reasons. Firstly, such a reunification after the resumed civil war (remember, they are technically at war with one another), or even Germany-styled absorption of one half by the other will cripple the economy of South as well as North. German economy suffered for years due to the ramifications of unification, and East Germany was in no way as bad a shape as North Korea is.

Secondly, South Korea's capital-and the nation's capital before the division-Seoul is only 50km away from the border, and the metropolitan area including the satellite city is home to almost 20 million people. North Korea has thousands of field artillery pointed across the borders. In effect, half the population of South Korea-not to mention all the economic, cultural and military assets-are hostages to the North. And now with the development of nuclear weapon by Kim's regime in North, the military victory becomes less and less likely. Even if they can prevail due to superior military equipments across the board, such a pyrrhic victory will benefit no one in Korea.

There are all sorts of other reasons military action with quick victory, or pre-emptive strike in any case, is out, such as a provision in South Korean constitution that directs the government to strive for peaceful unification (how exactly it is implemented is a different matter), need for cooperation with US military and government, and sizeable pro-North elements within the South. As much as it is frustrating for everyone having to listen to threats of a madman, the best course of action would be to keep engaging in various forms of dialogue (with appropriate use of stick and carrot), and to be alert so that the South (and USA) can retaliate with potent and full military might should all hope for peaceful resolution be dashed by all-out assault from the North.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
There were programs to train special forces in South Korea to go into Pyongyang and assassinate Kim Il-sung (Jong-Il's father) back in '70s, but it came to nothing due to thawing of relationship. Personally I suspect certain units in South Korean special forces have been training under such a mission scenario for years.

As to why South doesn't try to unite North by force, a few reasons. Firstly, such a reunification after the resumed civil war (remember, they are technically at war with one another), or even Germany-styled absorption of one half by the other will cripple the economy of South as well as North. German economy suffered for years due to the ramifications of unification, and East Germany was in no way as bad a shape as North Korea is.

Secondly, South Korea's capital-and the nation's capital before the division-Seoul is only 50km away from the border, and the metropolitan area including the satellite city is home to almost 20 million people. North Korea has thousands of field artillery pointed across the borders. In effect, half the population of South Korea-not to mention all the economic, cultural and military assets-are hostages to the North. And now with the development of nuclear weapon by Kim's regime in North, the military victory becomes less and less likely. Even if they can prevail due to superior military equipments across the board, such a pyrrhic victory will benefit no one in Korea.

There are all sorts of other reasons military action with quick victory, or pre-emptive strike in any case, is out, such as a provision in South Korean constitution that directs the government to strive for peaceful unification (how exactly it is implemented is a different matter), need for cooperation with US military and government, and sizeable pro-North elements within the South. As much as it is frustrating for everyone having to listen to threats of a madman, the best course of action would be to keep engaging in various forms of dialogue (with appropriate use of stick and carrot), and to be alert so that the South (and USA) can retaliate with potent and full military might should all hope for peaceful resolution be dashed by all-out assault from the North.
Actually umm, its in America's best interest to have the North and South separate.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
NORTH KOREA VS SOUTH KOREA.

YOU BE THE JUDGE

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Ah, by an offensive attack do you mean a full on land, sea and air assault or just missiles? Because the practical possibility of the North Korea being able to 'invade' the U.S. is almost non-existent.

Your hypotheses have lacked credibility ever since you said that Hiroshima and Tasmania are roughly the same size.

Whatever the chances are of attack, the DPRK wouldn't be able to sustain it because of their totally shit economy and starving people. Without the support of China (which it seems they at least don't publicly have at the moment, as China is supporting searches on North Korean shipping), then they would be well and truly fucked.

Anyway I hope that they don't because when i turn twenty-one and get my grandmother's money I'm going to go there.
ur goin where? nth korea? what are u crazy? haha...

but nothing is gonna happen...cuz if it does...= end of the world...i like nth korea pissing off americans though...plus i am fond of communism haha

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Actually umm, its in America's best interest to have the North and South separate.
I'm not entirely convinced either way in that score. I don't think US would interfere with or oppose should two Koreas agree to unite in German style, but at the time doubt that they can go out of their way to help bringing it about. Got too many problems in their hand at the moment.

HSC
tbqh, im getting sick of this shit. Just have a fucking war because the Iraq-USA conflict is getting boring. I want to tell my grand kids that i was alive to see a nuke explode.
Yeah this, really sick of the counter-insurgency yawn in Iraq/Afghanistan etc.

A nice conventional war with a couple of nukes would be nice

dickiie

Warm, wet and pink. Smells like fish too.
HSC
and what? The fallout might come down here and soon enough your kids might have an extra arm or leg or some weird ass mutation.

Set aircraft carriers to wait outside or maybe inside the SK water, first strike hard and fast against the artilleries pointed at Seoul (those B2s should come in handy now). Destroy the NK's will to fight, request China's help in sending those cunts accross the border.

That or nuke the fuck out of Pyongyang or wait until the little fucker die from old age (cant be long now can it?)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
That or nuke the fuck out of Pyongyang or wait until the little fucker die from old age (cant be long now can it?)
Ah..the idiocy...

That "little fucker" has already chosen his son to take over his job.

5233andy

HSC
More than likely, before the end of Kim Jong Il's life, he'd be inclined to release Taepodong II at the US or Japan.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
What effects do you think sanctions by South Korea and the US will have on the defensive/offensive nuclear attack policy of North Korea?

And what do you think China's response will be?

(I have not yet formulated an opinion so I'm not gonna write one and yeah, I know that it's kind of the point of starting a thread).

And I don't know what's with the Italics. I can't make them go away.
It's over 9000!

HSC
The U.S. war maniacs are threatening to mount a preemptive nuclear attack on the DPRK without any advance warning after singling it out as one of the targets of their preemptive nuclear strikes.

It is self-evident that the DPRK can never abandon its nuclear deterrent unless the U.S. nuclear threat is removed.

The U.S. contends that it should have a monopoly of nukes while other countries should not be allowed to have access to them and it is free to brandish its nuclear stick and attempt to mount a preemptive nuclear attack while other countries should not be allowed to have any nuclear deterrent to counter it. What brigandish logic it is.

If the U.S. is truly interested in preventing the spread of nukes, it should cease the modernization of nuclear weapons and take the lead in nuclear disarmament.

edit: http://www.kcna.co.jp/item/2009/200906/news11/20090611-17ee.html
reliable/credible/awesome source

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Assassination? It won't hurt to try again.

If you don't succeed the first time, try again and again.

Or nuke pyongyang.
And like i said before, the CIA tried miserably against Fidel Castro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)