Likes/Dislikes about USyd (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Was just walking past this the other day and thinking... "This building seems really really out of place..."
Every single time for me without fail.

Lauanna

HSC
It wasn't originally meant to be a permanent building (hence the name), but then the higher powers that be decided not to get rid of it and blahblahuglyugly
Apparently they can't knock it down because it's riddled with asbestos.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Was just walking past this the other day and thinking... "This building seems really really out of place..."
Go inside, it looks like some sort of navy ship!

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
When was the last time a SRC candidate's election policy actually implemented?
Lol, probably when Tony Abbott was President lol.

Hmm...

- Best looking uni, got the Oxbridge feel with the Quad, Medicine building, Institute building + the modern look with Law building, law annex etc.
- Great law course, engaging and top professors from around the country
- Great facilities for the most part, especially cool things like the moot court
- Great coffee + food all around campus...especially Taste :)

Dislikes:
- Well, if you don't study a Law degree, and intend on going to lectures, you're pretty much going to be sitting on wooden planks for the duration of your degree...

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Dislikes:
- Well, if you don't study a Law degree, and intend on going to lectures, you're pretty much going to be sitting on wooden planks for the duration of your degree...
May I introduce to to wallace/eastern ave/half of carslaw/half of bosch/architecture. All these places have cushioned seating. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be and not all law classes are held in the law building.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Try the Chemistry Lecture Theaters ~ I'd rather be in the Law Building thanks. =P

seanieg89

HSC
Haha yeah the seating was pretty uncomfortable. Mathematicians always get the worst resources though.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Haha yeah the seating was pretty uncomfortable. Mathematicians always get the worst resources though.
things have changed since your days. srs. They padded a bunch of the benches in carslaw/bosch/quad, though chem is still seriously lacking

seanieg89

HSC
things have changed since your days. srs. They padded a bunch of the benches in carslaw/bosch/quad, though chem is still seriously lacking
my days haha, makes me feel old. hard to imagine carslaw with benches that aren't wooden, hard and covered in drawings of penii.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
my days haha, makes me feel old. hard to imagine carslaw with benches that aren't wooden, hard and covered in drawings of penii.
I feel old! Back in the day you could get a huge plate of manning chips for $3.20 and a burger for $6 but now days a plate that's a third of the size is $3.40 and you have to pay for gravy separately :(

and thai is $6.50

and spence is VC

You made the move at the right time.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, my maths lectures were 3:1 law auditorium:Chem lecture theatre
Which I think is pretty good for an advanced Maths student

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Dislikes: advanced MBLG final

What in the fuck was that?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)