Limitations of Communication Leading to the Development of Transistors (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
3.2.2 - Gather, process and present secondary information to discuss how shortcomings in available communication technology led to an increased knowledge of the properties of materials with particular reference to the invention of the transistor.

What do you guys refer too? Is it necessary to mention inventors like Marconi, Braun, Fleming, Forest and Shockley?

nomz

i thought it was stuff about how vacuum valves (or whatever they're called) needed time to warm up, were relatively large and produced too much heat etc which led to the invention of the transistor bla bla something about silicon bla bla. I dunno... we never talked about inventors....

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Because of the limitations of vacuum tubes new technology needed to be invented...blah blah and so on.

If that comes up I'm gonna talk about that + disadvantages of vacuum tubes and why they needed to be replaced

I'm not referring to inventors

tempco

HSC
Hrm.. ok fair enough. Maybe mentioning inventors is going a bit overboard.

mozzie

HSC
umm i would have thought that it would begin with the whole WWI and WWII the need for radio communication and the failure of thermionics to amplify signals and the Radar limitations and so forth

tempco

HSC
yeh that's included in my answer... the communication in trenches and such... and then I'd go into the limitations of valves and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)