Liquor Store??? (1 Viewer)

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
There is a Dan Murphy's currently under construction in my local community (yay!) and I would love to work there. I was wondering if anyone could give an approximation on how much an 18 year old would get paid at a place like this or similar? Would the starting wage be any different to industries where people who are ages less than 18 are employed?

E.g.
Business X Hourly Wages
15 y.o. - $10
16 y.o. - $11
17 y.o. - $12
18 y.o. - $14
Etc.

Business Y Hourly Wages (Must be 18+)
18 y.o. - $10 or $14??

I hope that clarifies my question... Since 18 years old is the lowest age you can be to work in a liquor store, would the wage be comparable to someone who is the lowest age you can be at places where they don't have the 18+ restriction?

God, it's confusing just thinking about it...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

pman

Banned
HSC
14 bucks man....

You need qualifications and you have to be 18, I'd expect to get paid slightly more than an 18 yr old at woolies, not much more, maybe 10c an hour but def more

spazamataz

HSC
I'm 18 and at a supermarket/liquor shop.

I get $13.81 per hour as a casual, with a Saturday allowance, and time and a half on Sundays.
Mines an independent shop though, which I think tend to pay higher then the larger places.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the juniors at work are on like $8 an hour or something, and I don't get any extras for having an RSA :(

Last edited:
HSC
i agree with pman. $10 - $14 is horrible pay for an 18 year old, especially considering that you need to go through a number of processes before you can work the job.

aussie-boy

HSC
i agree with pman. $10 - $14 is horrible pay for an 18 year old, especially considering that you need to go through a number of processes before you can work the job.
Minimum wage at 18 = $10.02

Most 18yr olds are desperate for work - from the POV of an employer, why would you pay more for a complete beginner to the workplace?

Anyway man, dw about starting wages... I started on $10.30 at a cafe and resigned 7 months later on ~$15.80 (2 payrises) - you just gotta stick it out for a while, and try and get we/night work with penalty loadings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)