• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

listening to notes while working out (1 Viewer)

autumn-angel

HSC
yeah so i'm health conscious.. and tend to get bored while working out..some people listen to music,some watch tv.. so i thought why not record my notes and listen to them on my ipod? has anyone ever tried it? is it a good idea?

Lanni36

HSC
I can't say I've tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea. It'd be especially good for reinforcement, after you've learnt the content. I'm planning on using a dictaphone, so let us know how it goes! :)

speedofsound

HSC
i can't stand the sound of my own voice, nor do i exercise often, so it would never work for me

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I have tried this. It took way to long to record just one topic from PDHPE, and I found that it didn't reinforce anything much. If I wasn't paying attention, then I'd miss things (which should have made me concentratre harder, but it didn't)

But, if you're doing a language, I really suggest putting some listening examples on your iPod/MP3.

Eddykungfu

HSC
I recorded my complete Business Studies Syllabus with my own voice and I didn't use this to study to.

however every night for about 6 months I put it on repeat as I fell asleep (I'm a heavy sleeper, and therefore doesn't effect my ability to fall asleep).

after about 2 weeks, whenever I woke up, all I could think about was the business studies syllabus...

Now I remember it off by heart :).

Whatever works for you

HSC
I'm sorry to revive this very old thread, but after consulting with my inner self, I felt that it was necessary for the benefit of mankind.

So does anyone do this?

(I am not a faggot)

student6625

HSC
You should just do I thing at a time, otherwise you won't get anything done properly (at least for me that's true). I suck at multi-tasking. :angry:

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
I recorded my complete Business Studies Syllabus with my own voice and I didn't use this to study to.

however every night for about 6 months I put it on repeat as I fell asleep (I'm a heavy sleeper, and therefore doesn't effect my ability to fall asleep).

after about 2 weeks, whenever I woke up, all I could think about was the business studies syllabus...

Now I remember it off by heart :).

Whatever works for you
i recorded my business studies syllabus as well for my half-yearlies
i only listened to it for 1 night but it did wonders :)

it's a really good trick, highly recommended
i wouldn't record myself with large chunks of notes though
maybe just keywords that will make you remember information, nothing more

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
i did not think of that.
ill be sure to give this a try in term 3 (have half yearlies atm ><)
lol i miss working out...too much study...but if this works well for me ill be the happiest mofo ever LOL

and lol@eddykungfu
gotta try that out for chem phys and bio too lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)