living on campus at campbelltown (1 Viewer)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
ive heard from people that living at campbelltown campus is dodgy, and there are druggies and crime around everywhere, don’t know how reliable these sources are though. can anyone help out?

kara42

HSC
Well I can't exactly comment on the Campus because I don't know, but Campbelltown isn't that great of an area.

My friend lives in Park Central and always used to have people trying to steal things and/or break in. I'm not sure if she still does though.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
so would you recommend living on campbelltown campus, or taking a 2hr trip there and 2hour trip back every day?

taker0

HSC
depends if you wanna risk the dodginess of cambelltown... i watched a video bout cambelltown in geo last year.. not a good area..

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
ive heard from people that living at campbelltown campus is dodgy, and there are druggies and crime around everywhere, don’t know how reliable these sources are though. can anyone help out?
The campus is pretty much isolated, I doubt people will walk 2-3km just to trash the residences on campus or to use it as a drug den. The campbelltown accommodation is prob the best, well was untill Bankstown and Parra opened up new ones this year.

Also they are highly secure, entry is restricted to your student ID swipe card, the dorms have Residential assistants on duty 24/7, 365 days a year. Campus security often conducts patrols of the entire campus and all gates, except the main one is closed at night. Over 80% of the residences are med students. The rest are either int or domestic students.

Druggo's and crime is only more prevalent around the main parts of C/town, you have to remember that UWS C/town is actually in Macarthur one of the nice places, it also has a giant shopping centre (Macarthur Square) a beautiful concourse, restaurants and it's only a <5 min walk from the centure of campus, 12-15 mins from residences, you might want to think about driving.
Welcome to UWS Residential Colleges

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
are u from ctown?

i dont mind public transport though, i can quite happily sit on a train for an hour, and i love the city, so i figured why not take it up
nah, im the opposite I hate the city and i fidget on the train.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
are u from ctown?

i dont mind public transport though, i can quite happily sit on a train for an hour, and i love the city, so i figured why not take it up

Campbelltown to Granville is about 45 minutes, Granville to City is about 30 - 40 minutes. And your walking distance, you'll have quite a bit of traveling per day.

I was faced with doing Sports Management at UTS Kuring-Gai or UWS Campbelltown. But it's like 2 and a half hours one way for UTS and only one to Campbelltown. I knew which one I would take.

At first you'll enjoy the city quite a lot, but later one, you'll have a tendancy to be sick of travelling and annoyed at the packed carriages. Good luck with that, I would've definitely gone to Campbelltown if I were in that position.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
The campus is pretty much isolated, I doubt people will walk 2-3km just to trash the residences on campus or to use it as a drug den. The campbelltown accommodation is prob the best, well was untill Bankstown and Parra opened up new ones this year.

Also they are highly secure, entry is restricted to your student ID swipe card, the dorms have Residential assistants on duty 24/7, 365 days a year. Campus security often conducts patrols of the entire campus and all gates, except the main one is closed at night. Over 80% of the residences are med students. The rest are either int or domestic students.

Druggo's and crime is only more prevalent around the main parts of C/town, you have to remember that UWS C/town is actually in Macarthur one of the nice places, it also has a giant shopping centre (Macarthur Square) a beautiful concourse, restaurants and it's only a <5 min walk from the centure of campus, 12-15 mins from residences, you might want to think about driving.
Welcome to UWS Residential Colleges
I'd rep this if the damn system would let me. :(
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wooz again.

Blitz98

HSC
Honestly, I'd hate to live out in Campbelltown. There is nothing out there. It's so isolated, I couldn't live in a rural area. I wouldn't really be concerned about crime, 150% postive the campus is very safe. Ctown has a bad rep, dont go looking for trouble and u will be right

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
apparently c-town campus has lots of wild bunnies :haha:
Hawkesbury has more I see at least one every week, also a ran into a Joey two weeks ago on campus.

We also have this at Hawkesbury, it provides plenty of fun for the girls. :haha:

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Also, see post 22, i went to the effort of making bunny cookies. Hahahaha.
True story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)