Living on-campus (1 Viewer)

skathe

HSC
I've just been offered a place at international house. yay ^_^

I was wondering what it's like to live on-campus. any info on Int. House would be appreciated as well

=)

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
omg are they already handing out accomodation offers?!? :eek: I applied to Cromwell, but I haven't heard anything back so far other than they received my application like months ago. Are we meant to get a telephone interview or something / when do all the offers start coming? ... I thought it was after the uni offers :S

I don't know about oz but loads of my mates are on campus in the u.k. and they say they're so glad they are cos they get to meet so many people and have a great time and that it's a hundred times better than living off campus. Well done for getting in :)

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Yeah, living on-campus is great. Uni doesn't seem so big and scary when you know a couple of hundred people (it doesn't take long at all before you know everyone). Pommy babe, college offers usually do come out after uni offers. IH must do them early? I wouldn't worry yet. And yes, you are supposed to have a phone interview. Maybe give them a call or send an email if you don't hear anything soon? I know there was some kind of mix-up with mine, because I sent in my application form by post instead of online, and then I fell through some kind of crack and they didn't organise an interview for me. I rang up and was like, so did you get my application or what? And it was no big deal and I got an interview shortly after. But I don't remember when I did that, but I'm pretty sure I had my interview before I did my HSC, so yeah, it wasn't this late. But I don't know.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Yeah I mean I rang them like over a month ago and they said that they had it and everything, because I applied on-line. Do you think they just won't interview me because i'm still living in London and the time difference etc.?
Thanks.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I assume they would. I thought they interviewed everyone. But maybe there are exceptions for international people. Or maybe its because you applied for a deluxe room. Who knows.

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
I've applied for International House, though only a few days ago I received an e-mail asking me to select activies and events I would like to participate in at International House. They did this because the director said she would not be able to interview me as I was located internationally, though I am an Australian citizen.

I'm hoping this is a good sign, though I guess acceptances have already started going out.

Life on campus looks fun though it sounds like some of the colleges that make younger students do things for them (slaves :) ) should be on some cheesy teenage comedy movie.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
It's ok.. I got an e-mail back yesterday and I was told that Cromwell don't make decisions until the 2nd week of january unlike other colleges who release them early and that i didn't have an interview, because I wrote a brief biography instead. So looks like i'm ok after all :)

skathe

HSC
So heres another question =)

Would anyone care if peeps stayed overnight in my room?

Trev

stix
HSC
Haha skathe... no, most people expect that.
You walk out of college in the morning and there's always skanks doing the walk of shame.
I did care however when the guy across from me would fuck his girlfriend in the COMMUNAL shower and leave CUM on the fucking floor.
Dirty fuck.

skathe

HSC
ooo sounds like i'll be having a fun time =)

rofl at cumstains, pretty fking funny

hoscar01

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know how many people apply for Cromwell college, and how many people get accepted. I applied for 2008 but my interview didnt go so well. I am not allowed to apply to another college am i? I am from Canberra and really want to move into college, is there anything i can do?

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
hoscar01 said:
Does anyone know how many people apply for Cromwell college, and how many people get accepted. I applied for 2008 but my interview didnt go so well. I am not allowed to apply to another college am i? I am from Canberra and really want to move into college, is there anything i can do?
I rang them up to ask what the chances are for getting into Cromwell, cos I applied there too and the woman said that well over 200 people had applied but she couldn't say anymore than that. I also heard that there are only 200 spaces and that siblings of current/ past students have priority, and that 2nd and 3rd years can choose to hold onto their accomodation if they want to, and that those two figures come out of the 200 places and it's whatevers left that the 1st years then get based on their applications. I'm in london, and i know nobody in australia so if i don't get the accomodation then i'm not coming. And we can't apply to another college, until our application has been declined, and then i think you can only apply to international. if you apply before i think they take both applications away.
Hope this helped.

skathe

HSC
just to satisfy my curiousity, what makes you think that your interview didn't go so well?

hoscar01

HSC
N/A
skathe said:
just to satisfy my curiousity, what makes you think that your interview didn't go so well?
Being 18 (19 in may) the principle seemed to think i was ancient. He said that it was a "negative to my application" and he would "have to think about where he could position me in the college". I'm a current 1st yr student, and i'm used to being the youngest one there, with many 1st yrs being 19-21, so it came as quite a shock, especially since i thought university was a place of diversity and was against discrimination :mad1: . Anyway maybe my higher OP, the course i applied for, and proven ability at university study will get me a place - who knows. Fingers crossed.

On a brighter note, i stayed at Cromell last Wednesday night to check out the university and the college, and both are awesome. The university is just georgous, and Cromwell seemed like a great place to stay. The staff that i met were really nice, and the food was great.

Last edited:

sunnybuns

HSC
I don't see how your age should affect your application to cromwell. There are tons of first years there who are 19. The prinicpal can be a bit of a weirdo. Yeah, the food is great at first but you get over it quickly. As far as I know, there should be about somewhere around 50 spaces opening up next year (judging by the amount that moving out this year). Good luck!

sunnybuns

HSC
oh and skathe...IH seems like a great place. Everyone I know seems to like living there. Be prepared to do a lot of sporting teams/events with Cromwell...

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
sunnybuns said:
I don't see how your age should affect your application to cromwell. There are tons of first years there who are 19. The prinicpal can be a bit of a weirdo. Yeah, the food is great at first but you get over it quickly. As far as I know, there should be about somewhere around 50 spaces opening up next year (judging by the amount that moving out this year). Good luck!
So there are only 50 vacancies for new students!!! :eek: also i'm 19, i turned 19 in october, and this is the average age for 1st years here. oh... now i'm worried.

sunnybuns

HSC
Nah, age doesn't have anything to do with it. I know plenty of people who were 17 when they got to cromwell and I was 20. From what I can see, most international kids who apply get in. Don't stress.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
sunnybuns said:
Nah, age doesn't have anything to do with it. I know plenty of people who were 17 when they got to cromwell and I was 20. From what I can see, most international kids who apply get in. Don't stress.
yeah but i'm not international... i'm domestic :confused:

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
I got accepted into International House.. I'm living in Canada but am also domestic. But I think you stand a better chance, I believe a lot of the consideration goes into how far you have to travel. I think you have a better chance than most people living in Australia because of living in the UK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)