Living on-campus (1 Viewer)

Trev

stix
HSC
About a third of King's guys are doing engineering. I don't really know much about Leo's but I would have definitely gone to either John's or Cromwell had I not gone to King's. Cromwell first.

louy

HSC
N/A
Just came across this thread. Must be a coincidence, my most recent post on my blog was an article I wrote about living on campus.

Oh how I wish I was still living on campus now. Best time of my life.

dr pete

HSC
off topic but wats the best suburbs for living off campus?

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Just my opinion, others would disagree, but I reckon that if you can't get a place within walking distance of uni, go for somewhere near a bus stop. Parking isn't worth the hassle or the expense.

Best suburbs are in the Inner West (St Lucia, Toowong, Indooroopilly, Taringa, Milton etc.) and Inner South/East (Dutton Park, West End, Highgate Hill, Annerley, Woolloongabba, Kangaroo Point, East Brisbane, Coorparoo, Camp Hill, Greenslopes etc.).

themepark

HSC
I've applied for cromwell next year. Went to brisbane for an interview the other day with Dennis the dean of students, he was pretty cool and I thought it went alright... now just waiting...

Many other people applied to live at a college next year??

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
I've applied for cromwell next year. Went to brisbane for an interview the other day with Dennis the dean of students, he was pretty cool and I thought it went alright... now just waiting...

Many other people applied to live at a college next year??
I live at Cromwell atm, my sis will be here too next yr... the competition is EXTREMELY high to get in here, mostly because no-one wants to leave. If you had the interview with Denis though you should be fine, he's really nice. Where are you coming from?

lotsasmiles

HSC
Themepark I've applied to Cromwell as well, my interview is on Monday. I'm quite nervous, it sounds incredibly competitive. Any interview tips?

themepark

HSC
I live at Cromwell atm, my sis will be here too next yr... the competition is EXTREMELY high to get in here, mostly because no-one wants to leave. If you had the interview with Denis though you should be fine, he's really nice. Where are you coming from?
I am from uki, a tiny place a couple of hours south of brisbane. Before the interview my family and I stayed in brisbane over night and they came in to drop me off for the interview but Denis got them to stay for the whole thing. It could have been weird, an interview with the whole family? But it was really relaxed and actually fun. I think it went well...

Themepark I've applied to Cromwell as well, my interview is on Monday. I'm quite nervous, it sounds incredibly competitive. Any interview tips?
Sorry lotsasmiles a bit late for tips now, how did it go?

For anyone else I would really recommend a face to face interview if it is possible to get to brisbane. A couple of friends of mine had interviews over the phone and said that they did not really think they went that well and could not fully convey what they meant over the phone. Also just relax and be yourself, I dropped a couple of jokes and they seemed to go down really well... nothing too rude or anything like that of course.

shady145

Banned
HSC
I am from uki, a tiny place a couple of hours south of brisbane. Before the interview my family and I stayed in brisbane over night and they came in to drop me off for the interview but Denis got them to stay for the whole thing. It could have been weird, an interview with the whole family? But it was really relaxed and actually fun. I think it went well...

For anyone else I would really recommend a face to face interview if it is possible to get to brisbane. A couple of friends of mine had interviews over the phone and said that they did not really think they went that well and could not fully convey what they meant over the phone. Also just relax and be yourself, I dropped a couple of jokes and they seemed to go down really well... nothing too rude or anything like that of course.
lol from uki ay? what school did u got to? i'm in braypark :p
its better off saying tweed heads so they have a chance of actually hearing of the place you're from

themepark

HSC
lol from uki ay? what school did u got to? i'm in braypark :p
its better off saying tweed heads so they have a chance of actually hearing of the place you're from
Haha true or if that doesn't work near nimbin often does.
I went to Mt St Pats.

lotsasmiles

HSC
Um it was really hard to tell. I had an incredibly bad cold and was sort of just focusing on not passing out :(. I considered canceling but my family and I had traveled 7 hours to get there (we stayed overnight on the Gold Coast) so I just did the best I could. But really the interview itself was not that difficult, mostly it just involved the principal outlining the expectations of the college. Anyway best of luck everyone, fingers crossed :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)