living without a father (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adurbidge

HSC
if u have had to live without a father figure in ur life and u feel as though youve missed out on some sort of upbrining from him not being in your life. please relpy with any thought that u feel towards living without a father. it will help me greatly with my IRP assignment

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Have you thought carefully about the ethical implications of this kind of research question?

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
Well, I've lived without a father since I was 10 and I don't feel like I've missed out on anything, but of course there are people who are living without a father and do feel they are missing out on something.

cxlxoxk

HSC
i've lived without a father since i was like 4 or 5, and i can't communicate with my mom very well.

it had forced me, to rely on friendships at school during my school years [i found very little friends =(] so as a result i'm depressed nearly all the time, my periods of contentedness and happiness only last so as long as it takes me to realise that i'm pretty much alone.

dtmur

HSC
dad left mum when i was like couple of months old, so really ive spent the last 18 years without a father figure,

it's only now im begining to bond with him, dont know weather he realised what he has missed out on or weather it's me maturing.

questions are welcome

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
dtmur said:
dad left mum when i was like couple of months old, so really ive spent the last 18 years without a father figure,

it's only now im begining to bond with him, dont know weather he realised what he has missed out on or weather it's me maturing.

questions are welcome
looks like your father didnt want you.

speedofsound

HSC
I've lived without a father my entire life and I don't feel like my life is different because of it. You don't miss what you never had.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Lived without my PARENTS my whole life. Really unable to determine what I've missed out on now.

xJaix

HSC
Lived without my father my whole life. The two times I did see which was to get his signature for a passport in 1998 he asked me if I wanted to hang out with him. I said sure the first time. He knows where I live etc. My mother went in 2003 to get his signature again for the passport, I didn't want to go. He asked me if it was okay to call me, never happened.

Trust me, you really don't care for someone you don't know. For their physical wellbeing if they fell down the stairs in front of you, yes. Otherwise there's nothing but common courtesy and respect toward him just like any other human being.

A broken promise by someone you don't know doesn't mean anything anyway. It means nothing, you really don't notice a difference because you have nothing to compare it to. If i had a father then suddenly he disappeared that would probably require adjusting to him not being there.

jez-lil-bitty

HSC
my parent split wen i was 7
i lived with my mum 4 a bit then
i went bac to live with dad 4 5 years
he used to say really bad stuf bout my mum
n we didnt hav tv, werent allowed to go on excursions
or stay at friends and he was really religious oh n havin
a b/f was a big NO NO
i got with this guy and then my father accused me of sleepin with him
it was then i realised that i needed to get out
so me n my lil sis r bac with mum
its awesome
i dnt regret livin with dad
it just made me realise y mum left him
i do talk to him occasionally but
everytym we do we fight so it rarely
im happy now
i do normal things n live happily with mum n my step dad
i say take the opportunity to know both parents
u only hav 1 set u need to make ur own decisions about them

studentcheese

HSC
My parents aren't divorced, but due to complications in getting to work, my father has to live elsewhere. I see him every week. :p However, our relationship has strained and we hardly say anything when we see each other. I think the absence of a fatherly figure in my life has forged permanent damage to my self esteem and made me quite weak.

jessiminica

HSC
I've lived with mum since I was 6. I have no siblings, so me and mum are pretty close. I think that if anything it's been a positive influence because mum has been my role model, and she's independant, strong willed, and hardworking. I admire her heaps, whilst I really only pity dad - his life has kinda gone downhill. He got fired, and hasn't had a job for four years. He means well, but he's the sort of person that needs other poeple, which is the other reason i'm glad I didn't do much growing up around him.

onemoreyearxo

HSC
I don't live with my biological Dad, but instead with my Mum, Stepdad and brother (same mum different dad). My Dad lives in Sydney (i am in Canberra) and he lives with his wife, and their daughter - my sister (same dad different mum again). Dad had a relationship with another woman while Mum was pregnant and I recently found out that I have another sister (same dad totallly different mum). My family is insanely dysfunctional but I wouldn't change a thing. I've got 3 beautiful sibling, 4 parents who love me and a great home life. The absence of my actual Dad impacted on me more when I was young, but now that I'm older (17) I feel fortunate that I have so many people who care about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)