lmao help (1 Viewer)

iflyjl

HSC
So, I'm currently flunking economics and chemistry and i just wanted some tips on how to like grow and study tips because i thought i knew my content but clearly not.. teacher from economics came and talked to me separately about how shit im doing but i do 10 units so fml and someone told me that i should know all my content for hsc by term 1 is that true??? PS if anyone thats a fucken eco/chem god would like to help me with some essays (reading to see if it makes sense) and shit pls message lmao thank u

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
So, I'm currently flunking economics and chemistry and i just wanted some tips on how to like grow and study tips because i thought i knew my content but clearly not.. teacher from economics came and talked to me separately about how shit im doing but i do 10 units so fml and someone told me that i should know all my content for hsc by term 1 is that true??? PS if anyone thats a fucken eco/chem god would like to help me with some essays (reading to see if it makes sense) and shit pls message lmao thank u
Firstly although knowing your HSC content early is beneficial in the long run, I don’t know who told you that you have to have learnt the content by term 1 but they’ve clearly pressurised you. I can confirm it’s fine to not know all of your HSC content by Term 1, and is only optional for those who want to go ahead in their spare time after school.

Can’t really give you tips on economics because I don’t do it (and I hate essays as well lol) but with chemistry I can give a couple of tips. For something like chemistry which can be content heavy I’d constantly revise the course as a whole, also focusing on your weak points. With constant revision, information will generally move to your long term memory so by the HSC you should know your content back to front. Also in terms of calculation problems in Chem, similar to maths you should jot down the ones you can’t fully answer and either attempt them at a later time (not too much later!) or seek help from teachers. Last tip from me is to not disregard practicals, as they are tested in the HSC. Therefore every day when you go home after you’ve done a prac at school, you should probably write about this prac without any assistance of notes and try and remember as much as you can (e.g. apparatus, steps, validity, reliability), I guess it’s a way to revise your pracs and to test your memory to see how much you know. With what you don’t know from your prac, then I’d use notes for assistance. Main point: write about the pracs you’ve done in general as it’s important and could be tested!

Hope this helps and good luck, I’m sure you’re doing great

PS: Why are you up at 3:51am lmao

YonOra

HSC
someone told me that i should know all my content for hsc by term 1 is that true
What a grade A idiot who told you this. That's just stupid.

Personally, I like to keep a topic ahead of my class, so i can strategically nit pick what i hear from my teacher. However, learning as you go, and reinforcing the knowledge as you go with prac Q's is perfectly reasonable. But trying to retain 4-5 topics worth of knowledge in your head at a moments notice? Ridiculous.

There are plenty of resources on here about how to study for eco (including a state rankers guide) and chem , as well as other sites.

Just keep your head up, and make sure your trajectory is upwards, and lift your rank now, and you'll be fine.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
You should've done eco then. Eco essays are so sexy ngl.
I think I would have died in prelim eco if I did it, and idk why I even did prelim drama given you have to write a lot in it... I also had to write back to back essays for my prelim exam smh

YonOra

HSC
I think I would have died in prelim eco if I did it, and idk why I even did prelim drama given you have to write a lot in it... I also had to write back to back essays for my prelim exam smh
You get to draw in essays

Greninja340

HSC
For chemistry the content is pretty easy, but the questions they give you require a really strong understanding of the content and you need to expose yourself to lots of questions. One way to do this by doing the strive textbook, which arranges all the past HSC questions into different modules, you could also do other past papers, basically just find as many chemistry questions and do them all, and most importantly mark your questions to make sure you know what's going on and if you dont understand what is happening ask you teacher to clear up any confusion cause if you dont that could really hurt you in an exam.

laterz laterz

HSC
For chemistry the content is pretty easy, but the questions they give you require a really strong understanding of the content and you need to expose yourself to lots of questions. One way to do this by doing the strive textbook, which arranges all the past HSC questions into different modules, you could also do other past papers, basically just find as many chemistry questions and do them all, and most importantly mark your questions to make sure you know what's going on and if you dont understand what is happening ask you teacher to clear up any confusion cause if you dont that could really hurt you in an exam.
nice shubh

iflyjl

HSC
Firstly although knowing your HSC content early is beneficial in the long run, I don’t know who told you that you have to have learnt the content by term 1 but they’ve clearly pressurised you. I can confirm it’s fine to not know all of your HSC content by Term 1, and is only optional for those who want to go ahead in their spare time after school.

Can’t really give you tips on economics because I don’t do it (and I hate essays as well lol) but with chemistry I can give a couple of tips. For something like chemistry which can be content heavy I’d constantly revise the course as a whole, also focusing on your weak points. With constant revision, information will generally move to your long term memory so by the HSC you should know your content back to front. Also in terms of calculation problems in Chem, similar to maths you should jot down the ones you can’t fully answer and either attempt them at a later time (not too much later!) or seek help from teachers. Last tip from me is to not disregard practicals, as they are tested in the HSC. Therefore every day when you go home after you’ve done a prac at school, you should probably write about this prac without any assistance of notes and try and remember as much as you can (e.g. apparatus, steps, validity, reliability), I guess it’s a way to revise your pracs and to test your memory to see how much you know. With what you don’t know from your prac, then I’d use notes for assistance. Main point: write about the pracs you’ve done in general as it’s important and could be tested!

Hope this helps and good luck, I’m sure you’re doing great

PS: Why are you up at 3:51am lmao
LOL my sleep patterns a bit fucked & thanks 4 the tips but do u reckon i should focus on writing notes or just do questions tbh i rlly dont know lmao

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
LOL my sleep patterns a bit fucked & thanks 4 the tips but do u reckon i should focus on writing notes or just do questions tbh i rlly dont know lmao
Questions tbh, notes should be used more for passive reading and revision for a good time prior to exams

iflyjl

HSC
Questions tbh, notes should be used more for passive reading and revision for a good time prior to exams
Alrightyy thanks for the kind words & tips, much appreciated hope u do well! :)

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
She just needs a good package

A resource package has been sent to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)