lmao help (1 Viewer)

JojoDude

HSC
the only hard part about eco is essays lol, they stuff me up every exam.
Grr, those eco essays are the worst!!

I know some good advice for that though so you NEVER stuff up any exam again.

first of all, plan what you wanna do for the day. put it on a planner like google keep or tasksboard. once you are done with that particular task, tick the checkbox. take a quick break (maybe 5 mins). get back to doing the next task. don't do anymore than 4 hours of studying a day during the weekdays in year 11 (maybe increase that to 5 in yr 12). spend time with your fam, go play a sport, watch something you like. don't exhaust yourself by just studying the whole day. this will keep you motivated to study the next day.

Extra tip: May take a quick power nap once you get home from school and then start studying. this will help you freshen up (works for me, not sure about anyone else)
It was advice given to my by user "laterz laterz" and it changed my life, went from 14% in Eco to 100%!!!!!!11!!!!!1111 :)))))))))))))())))))

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Grr, those eco essays are the worst!!

I know some good advice for that though so you NEVER stuff up any exam again.

It was advice given to my by user "laterz laterz" and it changed my life, went from 14% in Eco to 100%!!!!!!11!!!!!1111 :)))))))))))))())))))
Reveal your sex tape then

JeydinNewWon

HSC
So, I'm currently flunking economics and chemistry and i just wanted some tips on how to like grow and study tips because i thought i knew my content but clearly not.. teacher from economics came and talked to me separately about how shit im doing but i do 10 units so fml and someone told me that i should know all my content for hsc by term 1 is that true??? PS if anyone thats a fucken eco/chem god would like to help me with some essays (reading to see if it makes sense) and shit pls message lmao thank u
I can't really give advice to economics since I didn't do the subject, but I did Chemistry (albeit didn't try as hard for it I already got Band 6 in software), but I still have tips from experience.

For Chemistry, as @Greninja340 said, yes the content itself is rather easy to learn/straightforward. However, the questions in exams can be pretty hard because they aren't as straightforward anymore. Last year's HSC Chemistry was pretty testament to this, focusing on how students can adapt and interpret the question to draw logical, scientific conclusions when given any problem as opposed to just familiar scenarios. (The last question and the Calcium Hydroxide question were stood out to me as the most difficult, but I managed to solve it regardless).

My advice for Chemistry is to please go back and relearn a lot of the fundamental concepts that you might've glossed over in Year 11. The Year 12 Chemistry content builds off of the core things you learned in Year 11. Having a really good understanding of Year 11 stuff can easily transition into faster learning of content in Year 12. Trust me, without it, Year 12 Chemistry becomes a lot harder to learn. In addition to Module 2 stuff, (esp limiting reagents, stoichiometric ratios), go back and learn about stuff like 'electronegativity' and the relative strengths between the different types of bonds (both intra- and intermolecular), as it can really help with Module 7.

Be sure also to establish connections between modules. Band 6 Science students will often ask "why" something is done/or why something happens rather than just accepting it. For example, you will later learn about Esterification in Module 7. You'll learn that reflux condenser is needed for the process to occur in a lab. But why? Well, it's because the normal esterification process is actually within chemical equilibrium that is favoured to the side of the reactants, not the product (the ester). So, the rate of reaction needs to be increased, and sufficient energy needs to be introduced into the system to overcome the activation energy for the process to occur, so equilibrium can proceed to the right. That is why the system must be heated. But in that process, you remember that alcohol (one of the reactants), has a low boiling point, so the condenser is needed to stop it from vaporising and to not waste any alcohol. Whilst I did go into a lot of content, what was important was the connections I established. As you can see, I used concepts from Module 5 and connected it to a single process in Module 7. Understanding as opposed to just accepting/memorising is important in scoring high marks in the HSC, and it really helps you remember the content a lot easier.

And finally, (this is not surprising), but Chemistry requires a decent amount of logic/problem-solving. The HSC Chemistry exams have questions designed for students in unfamiliar situations. Sometimes, while a question might seem hard, my tip is to (quite literally) imagine yourself or imagine the process taking place. I used this for the final question on the 2020 HSC exam, and from then on, it was easy. I just thought about how the NaOH must react first and it needs to undergo dissociation, however, there are more moles of NaOH than HCl, so HCl is limit reagent, and hence, less moles will react to release energy. The total energy released is responsible for temperature, so it's obvious to add them and then solve for the final temperature.

I hope that these tips are useful and can really help with your HSC!! Just remember, consistent studying/good understanding will pay off.

iflyjl

HSC
I can't really give advice to economics since I didn't do the subject, but I did Chemistry (albeit didn't try as hard for it I already got Band 6 in software), but I still have tips from experience.

For Chemistry, as @Greninja340 said, yes the content itself is rather easy to learn/straightforward. However, the questions in exams can be pretty hard because they aren't as straightforward anymore. Last year's HSC Chemistry was pretty testament to this, focusing on how students can adapt and interpret the question to draw logical, scientific conclusions when given any problem as opposed to just familiar scenarios. (The last question and the Calcium Hydroxide question were stood out to me as the most difficult, but I managed to solve it regardless).

My advice for Chemistry is to please go back and relearn a lot of the fundamental concepts that you might've glossed over in Year 11. The Year 12 Chemistry content builds off of the core things you learned in Year 11. Having a really good understanding of Year 11 stuff can easily transition into faster learning of content in Year 12. Trust me, without it, Year 12 Chemistry becomes a lot harder to learn. In addition to Module 2 stuff, (esp limiting reagents, stoichiometric ratios), go back and learn about stuff like 'electronegativity' and the relative strengths between the different types of bonds (both intra- and intermolecular), as it can really help with Module 7.

Be sure also to establish connections between modules. Band 6 Science students will often ask "why" something is done/or why something happens rather than just accepting it. For example, you will later learn about Esterification in Module 7. You'll learn that reflux condenser is needed for the process to occur in a lab. But why? Well, it's because the normal esterification process is actually within chemical equilibrium that is favoured to the side of the reactants, not the product (the ester). So, the rate of reaction needs to be increased, and sufficient energy needs to be introduced into the system to overcome the activation energy for the process to occur, so equilibrium can proceed to the right. That is why the system must be heated. But in that process, you remember that alcohol (one of the reactants), has a low boiling point, so the condenser is needed to stop it from vaporising and to not waste any alcohol. Whilst I did go into a lot of content, what was important was the connections I established. As you can see, I used concepts from Module 5 and connected it to a single process in Module 7. Understanding as opposed to just accepting/memorising is important in scoring high marks in the HSC, and it really helps you remember the content a lot easier.

And finally, (this is not surprising), but Chemistry requires a decent amount of logic/problem-solving. The HSC Chemistry exams have questions designed for students in unfamiliar situations. Sometimes, while a question might seem hard, my tip is to (quite literally) imagine yourself or imagine the process taking place. I used this for the final question on the 2020 HSC exam, and from then on, it was easy. I just thought about how the NaOH must react first and it needs to undergo dissociation, however, there are more moles of NaOH than HCl, so HCl is limit reagent, and hence, less moles will react to release energy. The total energy released is responsible for temperature, so it's obvious to add them and then solve for the final temperature.

I hope that these tips are useful and can really help with your HSC!! Just remember, consistent studying/good understanding will pay off.
THANKYOUU SMM :)

Suz D

HSC
So, I'm currently flunking economics and chemistry and i just wanted some tips on how to like grow and study tips because i thought i knew my content but clearly not.. teacher from economics came and talked to me separately about how shit im doing but i do 10 units so fml and someone told me that i should know all my content for hsc by term 1 is that true??? PS if anyone thats a fucken eco/chem god would like to help me with some essays (reading to see if it makes sense) and shit pls message lmao thank u
I don't do chem or economics but I would suggest telling your teachers how you are feeling and that you genuinely want to do better and to try. Also look at your schedule and see what could be taking meaningless time away from you doing better in school. Practice past essay and HSC questions and submit them to your teachers every few days. Ask to look at your classmates assessments and exams if they got good marks for them and compare yours to theirs and see what they did differently. I would even consider a tutor if worse comes to worse.

But I know everyone is capable of picking themselves back up so I know you have the capability to do your best and pick your grades back up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)