• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

LOL TRIAL exam was LOST. (1 Viewer)

raiinx2me

HSC
hear me out guys.

i did my chemistry CSSA paper the other day.

n the school told me that my trial paper + 2 other guys trial papers were missing

for the chemistry trials.

i mean.. how can a school be so irresponsible ..

now they r making me sit another replacement exam.

but.. only 3 ppls whose paper was lost will sit the replacement exam.

they said something about nominating control group and allocate my marks within.. but i dno. sounds unfair to me

i really did gud in mah chemistry exam.

any opinions guys?

shinn

HSC
Holy crap, that must suck.....

Should sue them or something :santa: =(

runnable

HSC
Wow thats crap. But I guess its something we have to live with and doesnt happen all that often.

Ask for an estimate based on your previous/later ranks if that sounds good to you. Or you will just have to do what the school asks.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Nice organisation by that school...

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
That sucks man, terrible on their behalf, but i guess re sitting a new exam is the only real option.

T

Troy2287

Making as well as 3 other people sit a 2nd exam is unfair. This 2nd exam cannot be compared with the original exam. If I were the school I'd be making the whole cohort resit the exam. At leas that way everyone is in the same boat and everything will turn out fair.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
Sounds like the trials were stolen rather than misplaced...

At my school they are really careful to make sure that the number of copies they printed matches the number of papers they take with them into the examination room - a good two minutes was spent at the start of each of my exams double checking those numbers.

Although it hasn't happyed before, I'd assume that if there were papers missing from the bundle the whole exam would have to be postponed and a new paper written.

Evilo

HSC
runnable said:
Wow thats crap. But I guess its something we have to live with and doesnt happen all that often.

Ask for an estimate based on your previous/later ranks if that sounds good to you. Or you will just have to do what the school asks.
+1

and i'd rip into them

rachelalyce01

HSC
My Journeys Essay for Trial's was "misplaced" or lost before the teachers even marked it... now they're looking around for it, and if they cant find it by mid next week then they're just going to make a mark up for me based upon all my performance in the rest of the English Exam and throughout the year.

It's not really fair... I studied really hard for that essay and I walked out feeling like I did really well in it...

I dont know how they can misplace one essay that was 6 pages long.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
rachelalyce01 said:
My Journeys Essay for Trial's was "misplaced" or lost before the teachers even marked it... now they're looking around for it, and if they cant find it by mid next week then they're just going to make a mark up for me based upon all my performance in the rest of the English Exam and throughout the year.

It's not really fair... I studied really hard for that essay and I walked out feeling like I did really well in it...

I dont know how they can misplace one essay that was 6 pages long.
For history x i wrote 24 pages in my half yearly.
12 on each section

my history x teacher left a huge fucking bunch of papers in the motel room he was staying at over the break in which he marked them, and realised when he got home.

luckilly, the cleaning staff recognised they were important, forwarded it to the front desk, and heeee had to drive back and get them.

so, you'd be suprised. size is not an issue.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Theres no easy way to fix the problem. You should either get an estimated mark based upon your other assessments, or if you think you done good in the paper, be allowed to sit another paper of similar diffucuilty.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I wished that happened to me...

So that I could just get an estimation for MX1...

Evilo

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
For history x i wrote 24 pages in my half yearly.
12 on each section

my history x teacher left a huge fucking bunch of papers in the motel room he was staying at over the break in which he marked them, and realised when he got home.

luckilly, the cleaning staff recognised they were important, forwarded it to the front desk, and heeee had to drive back and get them.

so, you'd be suprised. size is not an issue.
WOW... VERY lucky...

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
A whole bunch of trial exams were lost last year in my school.
I'm pretty sure someone got fired for it...
HA

melonkitten

HSC
In yr 11, i took my french exam out of the exam hall with me and filled it out at home.

The next day, i left it in the exam hall and ran away

I recieved my test back 2 weeks later with full marks for 80% of the paper.. the last page had "mysteriously" been torn off :S

I soon after dropped french.,

Aaron.Judd

HSC
melonkitten said:
In yr 11, i took my french exam out of the exam hall with me and filled it out at home.

The next day, i left it in the exam hall and ran away

I recieved my test back 2 weeks later with full marks for 80% of the paper.. the last page had "mysteriously" been torn off :S

I soon after dropped french.,
You should have got 0, not 80%.

runnable

HSC
lol tully. "Aim for the moon and you might just reach the stars" You sure thats right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)