Long Distance. One Year (1 Viewer)

Hachi-Roku

HSC
well, during the HSC, despite trying not to do anything that may disturb my study, i found myself in a relationship. We studied together, hung out, and against our parent's will, we eventually hooked up. Anyway, i knew this even before i hooked up with her, but she has a one year exchange in germany. at the time, i felt that i shudnt bother thinking about it, and just enjoy the few months we have together. but now, theres only about 30 or so days before she leaves for a year. im overseas at the moment and so is she, we still keep in contact dispite being in different countries. its okay now, but im not sure i can be in a relationship for a year with zero physical contact. i really like her, but im not sure i can maintain this especially with me going to uni...

Last edited:

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Well, if you just "really like her" and don't love her, it prob won't work with the attitude you have.
I'm about to come back from an exchange year in Switzerland, and my boyfriend and I are still togther. It's very, very, very hard work though, and if you don't love her you don't have a hope in hell.

Hachi-Roku

HSC
Oh Yes . I really really love her. How did u manage? As in terms of keeping in contact? phone? webcam...?

K

katie_tully

i did long dis. for a year, albeit we were only an hour apart and saw each other most weekends

litany

Helpfool
HSC
katie_tully said:
i did long dis. for a year, albeit we were only an hour apart and saw each other most weekends
An hour apart isn't long distance. X:

K

katie_tully

yes it is, doofus. especially when you're 17 and you dont have a car and you can't catch a bus because you live in the middle of fricken nowhere.

god i hate smartasses.

Evilo

HSC
its just teenage puppy love, just have a break from each other. If you had a ring on her finger or something then yeah i can understand, but you're 18 - Hardly the age to constrict your life. just my 2 cents anyway.

tofuboy

HSC
actually, i myself, is in a similiar situation. same thing, girlfriend, one year exchange (but in switzerland). any tips to make it work??

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Evilo said:
its just teenage puppy love, just have a break from each other. If you had a ring on her finger or something then yeah i can understand, but you're 18 - Hardly the age to constrict your life. just my 2 cents anyway.
</thread>

K

katie_tully

i srsly think that if u need to ask people how to do it, you have a fair idea it's going to fail and thus you should just give up now and go bang random chicks for 12 months

you'll thank me later

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I can't imagine it working without being able to see your partner for a whole year. And by see I don't mean webcam.

decypher

HSC
Lizakith said:
I can't imagine it working without being able to see your partner for a whole year. And by see I don't mean webcam.
I know a guy in a long term relationship and he manages. However in this case their (both of them) being sociopaths may help them. They're so far off their meds that they believe its love because they talk on msn everyday and have cyber sex. Maybe Rudd's internet filter (a.k.a. censorship) may help in this case.

tofuboy

HSC
katie_tully said:
i srsly think that if u need to ask people how to do it, you have a fair idea it's going to fail and thus you should just give up now and go bang random chicks for 12 months

you'll thank me later
not sure if ur refering to me or the original poster, but wen i ask for tip/hints, i was more or less looking for stuff that ppl that had gone thru a LDR have experience and perhaps could help. i mean i know its going to be hard, but i think it worth a shot (well for me at least). all i know is that its all about trust, and keeping in contact and involved in each others lives, despite being on opposite sides of the world... anything else to add ne1?

hannahxxx

HSC
It depends: do you think that physical intimacy is needed to stay in love with the person? If it is, then I don't know how good your chances are. But if you think you can stay together without physical intimacy, the your chances are good. Having said that though there ARE things like cybersex and phone sex.....they're not the same I know but it's not like either of you are going to have to abstain for a yr lol. My friend's bf is moving to somewhere 6hrs away to go to uni this yr. They'll be separated for a year. I don't think they'll stay together b/c I think the sexual element is integral to their relationship. But there are ppl I know who have done long distance things and made it work b/c they saw the relationship as more important than the sex. Good luck with whatever you decide

decypher

HSC
nichhhole said:
I'm in the exact same predicament.. as in I'm going to germany in 2 weeks for exchange haha and i like someone at the moment!
2 weeks =/= 1 year.

liking someone =/= BF

K

katie_tully

whatever man, i only see one tard here and theyre the one with an alternative spelling of 'nicole'.

but rather the fact that theres no reason to tie urself to one person that u can't even see/physicallllly be with them when there are going to be many other opportunities
that is just dumb because by that logic, a person in a committed short distance relationship has no incentive to stay faithful either. the point of a committed relationship means that one should be able to forego physical contact because the relationship should transcend mere physical attraction.

K

katie_tully

also the OP is a wanker anyway. if theyve expressed doubts about not being able to handle zero physical contact, they've pretty much just answered their own question.

fucking /end stupid thread of dumbness

KirrynAlane

HSC
i did this for 6 months with my bf....
we had been together for 2 years, in love blah blah. stayed together when he left...

and it still did not work. so dont do it to yourself.

lets just say it is SO MUCH HARDER than you think it will be, and you are 99% likely be unfaithful.

its not worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)