Looking forward to year 12? (1 Viewer)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
kaz1 said:
If you get a shit mark you can't say "it's only year 12".
No you can't. But you can always go "it's only worth 10%"

Aplus said:
Year 12... No more bullshitting... No more preparation... This is it... No more chances. If you fuck up it's over... Damn, I'm really scared...
That's pretty much summed up it for me.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
No you can't. But you can always go "it's only worth 10%"
But like if you stuff up 10% ... that can stuff up you're rankings - which are essential in Year 12 - especially if you go to a non-Selective High school.

Aplus said:
Year 12... No more bullshitting... No more preparation... This is it... No more chances. If you fuck up it's over... Damn, I'm really scared...
That's true. It's time to get serious next year, otherwise you'll fuck up.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Aplus said:
seriously as may-cat said it is not as hard as 11 remeber year 11 is 4 topics in 3 terms, year 12 4 topics in 4 term + 2 months holidays it is less stressful really TAKE IT FROM ME i have done both. And yes many people say that it is the end all be all but there are other ways to get to what you want. PEOPLE JUST DON"T STRESS IT JUST MAKES YOU STRESS MORE "ITS ONLY STRESSFUL IF YOU WANT IT TO BE"

i'm sorry but please heed this advise, it is true and comes from someone with experience please don't stress yourself out just remember it counts but life still goes on.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
But like if you stuff up 10% ... that can stuff up you're rankings - which are essential in Year 12 - especially if you go to a non-Selective High school.
Oh yeah that's true. I totally forgot about the whole ranking thing.

chltmddus112

HSC
Scared and worried ... =(

Even year 11 was too hard for me cuz of the competition with my friends =(

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
chltmddus112 said:
Scared and worried ... =(

Even year 11 was too hard for me cuz of the competition with my friends =(
It only gets worse in year 12.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
marcquelle said:
seriously as may-cat said it is not as hard as 11 remeber year 11 is 4 topics in 3 terms, year 12 4 topics in 4 term + 2 months holidays it is less stressful really TAKE IT FROM ME i have done both. And yes many people say that it is the end all be all but there are other ways to get to what you want. PEOPLE JUST DON"T STRESS IT JUST MAKES YOU STRESS MORE "ITS ONLY STRESSFUL IF YOU WANT IT TO BE"

i'm sorry but please heed this advise, it is true and comes from someone with experience please don't stress yourself out just remember it counts but life still goes on.
This sums up my experience of year 12 perfectly.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
thank you it was my motto and i never stressed once, cause stress is a psychological factor that is caused by the individual. Not thinking of stress 80% chance of stress not occuring.

ratcher0071

HSC
Shouldn't you help the underachievers in your classes in yr 12. Because if they're not achieving they're gonna screw up your HSC mark???

beve

Jesus
HSC
I'm excited; dropping Extension Math and either Chemistry or Music and picking up English Extension 2. I'll be comfortable with my subjects and this time around, it won't be like running like Usain Bolt into a brick wall.

...well that's how I found the transition, anyway.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ratcher0071 said:
Shouldn't you help the underachievers in your classes in yr 12. Because if they're not achieving they're gonna screw up your HSC mark???
How can they screw you up?

If you are ranked highly, there is no way in hell they can affect you in anyway.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ratcher0071 said:
It would be a nice thing to do, kinda sad if its done with selfish motivations though.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ratcher0071 said:
only after trials ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)