Looking your age. (1 Viewer)

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Today I went shopping with my mum and my sister. While shopping, we ran into some idiot who wanted to sell to us the Mathemagic computer tutor. He's one of those idiots at a stall who try to push to sell stuff... you know, the ones that walk for about 100 metres with you and won't leave you alone until you tell them to f*** off. So this guy is talking to us, and he indicates to my mum, "so your daughters are in year 11 (pointing to me) and in year 7 (pointing to my sister)". I got angry, and I said "no, second year uni". He was like "uh... sorry you look much younger!". Not a freaking compliment - I was actually offended! My sis was like "I'm in year 8". Ok that done. Next thing, he tries to sell us the stuff. I tell him I did 4 unit maths in high school and I tutor my sister and other kids. He still tries to sell the stuff. No stupid computer program is gonna help us, damnit!

And I'm still angry because this guy thought I was 16. When I was 10, people thought I was 16. When I was 11, people thought I was 16, etc. Now I'm 19, and I get stupid guys thinking that I'm 16. I'm 6 feet tall damnit! I have a fully developed body, with boobs and big feet and stuff! I've been a giant since I was a kid! I don't look 16. :( I dress my age, appropriately and all. I don't understand why I get these guys thinking that I am younger than my age (this has only happened twice so far (the first time the person asked me for id at the movies to see if i'm over 15), and they were both filo guys (don't know if that means anything)), meanwhile I get other people thinking that I am 20, 21 or even up to 25!

I don't even know what to do to make myself look older, other than dress in business suits, which I'll never do unless I need to..... I was only shopping today!

So anyway, question: Do you look your age, or older or younger than your age? What do other people think your age is? etc.

Sorry about the long thread, but I needed to vent.

HSC
hehe it's okay! well, im 17 going on to 18. i tend to get mistaken for someone who is 20+ .. LOL i do not know why!!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
the guy was trying the hard sell on you, he says the exact same thing to everyone.

i've always sort of looked my age, except when i had braces when i looked younger.

don't change the way you dress to look older or younger. i wear lipstick and have recently got comments that i look in my 20's when i'm 18.

but the point im trying to make is it really doesnt matter. if you look younger, count your blessings that you'll probably stay that way when the rest of us are havung eye-lifts.

pottsy44

HSC
im 18 and i personally think i look 18, but i get mistaken for being 20-21 alot, as do a couple of my mates.

dandel26

HSC
i think i look younger (just turned 18)
Its always fun to go into a pub, pretend to be shy, looking out of place and thus underage, then show the bartender my ID

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I get mistaken for looking younger as well. People always ask me what grade I'm in at school, or they ask if I just turned 18 recently...when I'm indeed about to turn 20 lol

I get asked for ID ALL the time, when a lot of my friends don't. It use to piss me off, now I don't mind. Like Tulipa said, when I'm older people with think I'm younger! :p

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
hmm im 19, and ive never been mistaken for looking younger. its rare that people think im older than 19 as well. because im tall, probably your height tres bien, people assume im my age or older. when i was 15, my sister was 18, and i used her ID to buy alcohol without a problem. in fact, i only EVER got asked for the ID once!!! and i was 15!! hahahah

but yeah now my sisters 22, and people think im the older sister. we look identical, so i dont know how people figure that out.

HSC
i look younger than i am, but i think the fact that i'm a shortass has a lot to do with it .. people are always like "well, you looked your age until you stood up" :confused: lol

360flip

HSC
N/A
i'm 16 but i can pass for a 25 year old with a beanie on!!

HSC
N/A
Since I was 14, the vast majority of people tend to assume I'm 4-8 years older than I actually am (eg my adult tap class thought I was 26). It's extremely rare that someone guesses my actual age within a year, and I'm pint-sized at around 153cms :p (there goes the height theory?)

However there is a downside... whilst I have NEVER been asked for ID for alcohol/scratchie tickets etc (and only one bar), since I was 17 I've been regularly approached by all those people trying to sell you credit card deals etc for over 24s only :( Damn, they suck! NO I DON'T WANT ONE! GOODBYE! lol

I have to admit I'm a little worried about how I'll look when I'm older, but I figure that if it's only my bone structure that makes me look older, then I should be fine. All the women on my mum's side of the family have aged really well with really good skin and hair, so I hope I inherited that gene! :)

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
haha don't worry. I look about 16 and some mathemagic dickhead asked me if my kids had trouble with maths at school. I was like.. ummm, i dont have any kids and i'm actually only 18. </3
LOL something like that happened to a friend of mine and his friend in their first year of uni (or around then), they went to the shopping mall together and some mathemagic guy asked them if they wanted to buy the mathemagic thing for their childen :p

Judging from this thread, the mathemagic seller people have pathetic age estimation skills :p

Adrian.

HSC
People always say I look 17 or 18 when I've just turned 20. It's no biggie though, why let it get to you so much?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i get that i look 12 like 80% of the time. the only good thing is i wont be needing botox anytime soon and them sales guys cant sign me up when i tell them im illegal.

HSC
i look older then my age. im 16 turning 17 and people think im older then 20 turing 21 sister. People cannot believe that she is four years older then me. An example, we were getting on a bus and we both asked for students; the driver asked me for my student card and not my sister. i love it, she hates it.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
tres bien said:

So anyway, question: Do you look your age, or older or younger than your age? What do other people think your age is? etc.
I'm 18 and I look at the max 16, as in when I was in year 12 - being 17 someone thought i was in year 7 - being 12, so yeh I know its not very complimentary.

I just have a youthful face, my dad does too (as in when he was fathering 3 children aged some like 3, 5 and 8 this chick selling tickets at the rides sall thought he was the older brother :/), which is good for him cos he's 48 and looks alot younger.

Even with make up caked on and in dresses I always get asked for ID. No matter what I do, which is unfortunate as my ID doesnt look exactly like me. But yeh, I've grown up with it and Im used ot everyone thinking Im younger so no helpful hints here :/ sorry

vern

HSC
I look younger than my age, but I act older than my age so its awesome. Some people at work who I've been working with still think im 21-22, and randoms on the street think im 16. Depends also if I have shaved, and how long my hair is.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Other than your skin, hairdo...I guess it's in the colour and patterns of your clothes - I have a top - bought it for $3, looks stunning, but it's full and has huge black and white rings all over it - I wore it to one of the HSC exams (We're allowed to do so) and afterwards, guys just stared at me. I really did look 25. If you want to look older now, but still young "lively", then wear fitted clothing, but without childish patterns or light/bright colours - doesn't work at times - that's when you do your hair differently really :)

I've bought clothes which are much to old for me right now - e.g that onion-ring top, I've also got a nice light blue square-neck top - that blue really ages you. I'm conscious now, because I know I'll miss being young - I've just loaded my wardrobe with Op-shop clothing - pink stuff.

P.S. With regard to the Mathemagic business, they'd only want to sell...their point is to make profit lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)