Loosing your best friends... (1 Viewer)

balin.kid

HSC
I just started the yr 12 syllabus this term and am helping one of my best friends in his HSC as his reader because he just got a shoulder reconstruction.

It was my birthday on his last exam yesterday and he gave me a beautiful pair of earings and a cd he made for me with 102 of my favourite songs. I realised that after he told me he loved me (as a friend) that I can't bare the thought of loosing him and all my other guy mates in yr 12.
I am at a boarding school so these people are like my family, brothers and sisters but i'm about to lose them I have no idea how I am going to cope with it by not being able to see them every day at breakfast and after dinner....

I have no idea how to get over it but its killing me, they r hugging me when i cry and leaving one by one...what a present

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
mate its just life. youll still stay in touch with them if you are close enough with them
are you headed off to uni next year? youll meet new people and form friendships just as tight as the ones you have now
that might not seem so appealing right now but its true. and besides mate you arnt losing your best mates its not like they are dying

chin up kid life only gets better from here on in

balin.kid

HSC
thanks thats really nice, it just doesn't seem like that at the moment but I hope your rite, its a bit harder coz they live all over the place....and i'm kinda not close with the guys in my year their a bit dopey lol
yeah im off to woolongong uni hopefully but 2 of my mates are off to the navy.. thanks for your thoughs ur a champ

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
see wollongong uni all is assured!
im at wollongong uni and when i moved up here i found a whole new group of mates so quickly and these mates are the mates ill have for the rest of my life

all is not lost!
:)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
It doesn't mean that you can't contact them by email and phone, or see them during holidays. :)

Good friends always find ways to keep in touch.

balin.kid

HSC
I guess, and I agree but you know how you said the friends you found at uni are the ones you will be friends with for life, well those guys are the guys that are leaving me now.
Coz we have been through heaps together and it'll just be weird not having them around call it seperation anxiety if you like lol i guess it kinda is I've just never had such a great group of friends and well i'll miss them all to pieces.

I am looking forward to meeting new people it sounds great when you live out this way and all you have is each other tho we always seem to make it fun

I grew up with these guys.. its like having your family leave you in a way.
My best friend Harris-Curley left 10 minutes ago

kiwi

HSC
Nothing makes u feel empty inside like loosing ur friends. Ive moved countries twice and lived in about 4 different cities. Leaving friends never gets easier but for some strange reason making friends does ! .... Believe me when i say, wollongong would have to be ur best choice of uni's if ur looking to make some friends, the people here are amazing ! if u carnt find someone to relate to then well ur not trying.. and IM HERE !! so u have a friend already!!. :)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
cyber.

Its just as good as the real thing, I promise.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I felt the exact same way, except it wasnt as bad for me cause every1 just went to UoW so i still see like 70% of my friends around the place.

Its a different type of friendship, and i do miss seeing my good friends everyday without any effort, but thats just life i guess.

If your navy friends are based in jervis bay, its only like an hour drive so you can see them on weekends.

I know its a shit feeling, i think i was the only one of my friends who actually realised that end of school = drifting apart, but meh you do make new friends so all is not lost!

if you are still lonely when you show up to uni, theres going to be heaps of other people in the same position so just pick out someone who looks like they know how to have fun and roll with it.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
lol kaz..."apparent" gong chick/wollongonger

i've been living here my whole life, so i can confirm that the gong rocks! :D

good luck for the next year and a bit mate, then you can come and attack us (or will we be attacking you? lol). funny, i'll be starting uni the same year as you...but i'll probably be able to go straight into 2nd year, thank god

HSC
N/A
I think something to remember is that once you're out of high school, it's almost impossible to recreate that "I see you every single weekday" thing unless you live together/work together etc.

But that doesn't mean you can't stay good friends! You'll meet up less often perhaps, but that doesn't mean they'll be any less good. As you get older and start working, you'll discover the wonderful world of meeting up for lunch, meeting up at the pub, going on beachside holidays together. :D

HSC
aww.. ... well catch up with your firends.. yeah i guess that would be quite emotional ... going back and liviivng with your "real " family .. and growing up with your firends...

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Yes. I agree. If your friendship are THAT strong, there are a lot of ways to maintain contact. Especially as we're living in a world where technology is forever... What's the word? Oh I dunno, but you know what I mean xDDDD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)