...Lord Of The Rings... (1 Viewer)

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
Well i saw it again on Monday and still i feel flat. What is wrong with me? It's so unfair! But one highlight was when, at the most inappropriate time, i laughed hysterically and had to conceal my fits of giggles. This was when Frodo was stabbed by Shelob and he looked completly constipated. I had to shrink in the chair and cover my mouth so as to not disturb the others in the cinima who thought it absolutely thrilling. (And to all those thinking..."What a rude person, i would have thumped her"....Dont worry i succeded in my task at not disturbing them, But sometimes you just cant help yourself)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I saw it again yesterday, and frodo being stabbed by shelob is great, especially when he looks constipated, and then looks like someone who tried to apply white makeup but failed.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I hate spiders and Shelob didn't do their cause any favours.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Originally posted by Adaran
i dont think that even in the movie's extended versoin Sam wares the ring.... cos in the book, sam later goes to the Grey Heavens and leaves middle earth because he was a ring barer, so its a sadder ending.

in the movie, sam is left behind unchanged (as apposed to the constipated Frodo), and he can go on living like a hobbit so that the audience feels like its a happy holywood ending

In the movie Sam was a ringbearer, he still had the ring for the brief period of time between Shelob's lair and Minas Ungol. The movie also stayed true to the books in that Sam did not leave with Frodo for Valinor, but stayed in Middle-Earth with his family before finally leaving. The only difference between the book and movie is that nothing is mentioned of Sam's decision to stay in Middle-Earth

Adaran

Procrastinator
HSC
Good point
Sam does carry the ring, but i thought that you had to wear it to becom a 'bearer'...oh well.

Anyway, i suppose that in the film they needed to conclude every emotion, not every plot point (like Saruman), so there is a bit of humour, a bit of joy, heartbreak and sadness. but the problem with LOTRs is that it was so long, that Jackson had to be slightly unconventional in the closure - and after being wiened on labotomised holywood emotional drivel, mot ppl in the audience (who havnt read the book) got pissed off with it.

their loss i suppose cos they wont be able apriciate truely unconventional films because they will be wineging: "wtf was with the stupid ending" ;)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
did anyone notice that sam didnt stop crying from the beginning of the first movie till the end of the third

Tatto

Originally posted by Nick
did anyone notice that sam didnt stop crying from the beginning of the first movie till the end of the third
True!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by Adaran
Good point
Sam does carry the ring, but i thought that you had to wear it to becom a 'bearer'...oh well.

Anyway, i suppose that in the film they needed to conclude every emotion, not every plot point (like Saruman), so there is a bit of humour, a bit of joy, heartbreak and sadness. but the problem with LOTRs is that it was so long, that Jackson had to be slightly unconventional in the closure - and after being wiened on labotomised holywood emotional drivel, mot ppl in the audience (who havnt read the book) got pissed off with it.

their loss i suppose cos they wont be able apriciate truely unconventional films because they will be wineging: "wtf was with the stupid ending" ;)
Interesting that you don't think RotK ends with emotional drivel, really. It's consistent with the book though so I guess you can't really criticize it for that

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
The Twins were in ROTK!!! woo hoo!! I saw Elladan and Elrohir!! I was so excited. People thought I was crazy. But yes.

And Glorfindel!! I didnt like Arwen because she stole my sexy Glorfindel of Gondolin from me!! I have no idea why I like him, but I do. That whole coming back from the Halls of Mandos just made me fanciated with him. And there he was, next to Elrond at Aragorns (Elessar, Telcontar whatever hes calling himself these days :p) corination. And I can pretend Thranduil was the little blonde elf at the begining of FOTR when Isilduir cuts Sarouns finger off. The one without a helmet on. That always made me laugh. Elrond wore no head guard thing. Gil Galad only had his crown. I'd say Thranduil was the blondie without any head gear. Was lookin for him behind Legolas at the corination too. Couldnt see him. Cant even remember if he went... oh well. He rocked my socks. In the hobbit anyway. Glorfindel is a legand. I love him.

Gollum rocked!! 'up, up uo the stairs we goes!' I love him.

Legolas and Aragorn were hot. The mumakil (or Oliphant. They cant decide what it was..) thing was awsome. I love Merry and Pippin!!

But yes, as usual, my favorites had small roles. had their roles stolen from elf crumpets. meh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)