LOSE your P LICENCE? (1 Viewer)

testingexample

HSC
Hi,

I have tried checking on the rta website but have found nothing on the following and so I was just wondering if anyone knows what actually happens if you lose your P1 licence?
like how long does it get suspended for? and do you actually have to go back and start from your Ls again?
especially with the new laws on 1 July09 where any speeding offence is minimum of 4 demerit points which is an entire licence...

Thanks for any help

quik.

HSC
This will prob get moved, anyways

Define lost?

If you get caught speeding, you will get a suspension for 3months minimum. Suspension does not mean you lose your licence.

If you actually lost it, as in went over the amount of demerits you were allowed to accumulate, I'm assuming you will have to sit the P's test again but I'm not 100% on that

testingexample

HSC
woah mmm ok,
just wanting to point out to the above comments that i never said that i "actually" lost my licence, if i had i would know what happens and wouldn't be asking. as i was merely wondering what would happen if i did since the new laws are saying if you are caught even slightly speeding on your P1 licence you will instantly lose all 4 demerits, which is all you have (ie not just a suspension)
Thanks quik.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Hi,

I have tried checking on the rta website but have found nothing on the following and so I was just wondering if anyone knows what actually happens if you lose your P1 licence?
like how long does it get suspended for? and do you actually have to go back and start from your Ls again?
especially with the new laws on 1 July09 where any speeding offence is minimum of 4 demerit points which is an entire licence...

Thanks for any help
Demerit points scheme

If your on your Red P's you simply loose your licence for 3 months + and then you have to pay and have a new one taken at an RTA office. You don't have to start on your L's again.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
Hi,

Thanks for any help
m8 u dnt check stuf very well do u

Also what? New laws again?

quik.

HSC
4 points for going 1-10 over the limit on P1 licence

1 point for going 1-10 over the limit with full licence

Rad

Laika_

Banned
HSC
i just read the new rules

i feel faint

4 points

$82

for 1-10km/h over

1km/h wtf

Laika_

Banned
HSC
i might feel faint from low blood sugar or something tbh though

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
1-10? What happened to speedo inaccuracy? I'd challenge it if I could afford it.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
There was something about it on netrider, speed is calculated, then error is accounted for, then they drop it another 2km/h and that's the speed you get booked at.

Even speed cameras do that to an extent, theres something like a 7km/h leeway at the end of it all.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Losing 4 demerit points for any speeding offence as a P1 driver is not a new law, it has been in place for at least a year. My P1 licence was suspended for three months for one low range speeding offence in January 2009 - I wasn't very far above the speed limit either.

From 1st July, 2009 all P2 drivers will lose 4 demerit points instead of 3 demerit points for speeding offences, meaning a P2 licence will be suspended for two speeding offences.

To answer the OP - you receive a letter of suspension in the mail telling you the dates you stop and start driving again, if your licence expires in that time you can renew it but cannot drives until the suspension ends. If you're caught speeding over 45km/h your suspension begins immediately at the roadside for six months.

kara42

HSC
fuckwit in my year lost his licence for 6 months and got a $2000 fine for doing 160 in a 90 zone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)