losing weight. (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I don't think you actually need to lose weight. Don't think about the kilos, think about your body shape.

You probably just want to tone up. With what you're eating and the exercise you're doing, you are pretty healthy. You're also not eating a whole lot either. Perhaps let your mom know that you prefer to eat numerous small meals throughout the day instead of a big meal at night. Try to eat a bigger lunch or eat a larger afternoon snack. That works out better in terms of burning through the calories. Also, try to go for a run every other day and look into doing some different exercises - sit ups, butt crunches, etc.

Like I said, I don't really think it's a weight issue. I'm assuming you're looking at yourself in the mirror and wanting to be "tighter". In which case, you want to tone, not lose weight. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat but a toned body looks better than skin and bones.

HSC
N/A
i'm not into taking stuff for it, i take enough antibiotics all the time and the pill and painkillers for cramps so i think my body has an overload on synthetic stuff. i think going on a stronger pill may have affected my weight a tiny bit but yeah.
I don't study pharmacodynamics, per se, (or, broader, Pharmacy xD), but I think those drugs aren't so great an idea.

ANTIBIOTICS AND PAINKILLERS WTF?!
The unnecessary usage of antibiotics have led to the craptacular strains of bacteria, and the painkillers are so not good for your livvver.

Unless you have to take drugs/meds, try not to take them.
i've always had quite a good metabolism, but it's gotten worse as i've been eating more for some reason.
You know, as age tends to OLD, metabolism tends to "CIRCLING THE DRAIN".

I suppose no one really does live long enough to have a totally owned metabolism.
Tulipa said:
I don't think you actually need to lose weight. Don't think about the kilos, think about your body shape.
Yeah, I agree.
Remember, muscle weighs more than fat but a toned body looks better than skin and bones.
Though, it's better to have muscle, innit?

Admission/Disclaimer: I'm lanky/weedy; what the fuck do I know?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
i'm not into taking stuff for it, i take enough antibiotics all the time and the pill and painkillers for cramps so i think my body has an overload on synthetic stuff. i think going on a stronger pill may have affected my weight a tiny bit but yeah.

i don't add anything to my food like salt or extra stuff, except honey on my porridge, or in my green tea, i don't have sugar usually in normal tea.

yeah i admitted that i occasionally have sugary ice cream and stuff, but it's not often.

* answered the exercise q in last post.

basically, i weigh fifty-eight kilos, and for my height i'm not technically over weight, but i was happy with myself and what i looked like when i weighed fifty-three kilos with approx 20% body fat. which was still in the healthy range.

i've always had quite a good metabolism, but it's gotten worse as i've been eating more for some reason.

thanks for the advice =]].
yeah you what?

are you slow?

anitbiotics for dayyyyyssssss

Nanasaurus

HSC
i get the same from my parents. The only way you can fix it is by telling your mum she's being a tad overbearing with the food situation. for cereal.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
my dad reckons that my face is too [sucks in his cheeks], skinny im assuming.

okay dad, its just my cheekbones, they're maybe getting more prominent, doesnt mean i need to eat more, lol.

Nanasaurus

HSC
my dad reckons that my face is too [sucks in his cheeks], skinny im assuming.

okay dad, its just my cheekbones, they're maybe getting more prominent, doesnt mean i need to eat more, lol.
zomg! my stepmother says exactly the same thing! she always says that my face is looking too skinny, which is bizarre cuz i have quite a round face.
parents are the strangest creatures...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
but my face isnt even gaunt :confused:

i guess there's just a drastic change from when im unshaven to when i am shaven...............

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
Yeah, I agree.
Though, it's better to have muscle, innit?

Admission/Disclaimer: I'm lanky/weedy; what the fuck do I know?
Haha yeah. I didn't phrase that well but basically, muscle weighs more than fat so don't be freaked out if you have a toned and tight body (with a decent amount of muscle) but weigh "more" than what you want.

I used to be all about the numbers in terms of how much I weighed but I've realised that it's more about my body shape. I want to be tight and toned but that means muscle, which means more weight than my "skinny fat" body is at the moment.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC

i don't add anything to my food like salt or extra stuff, except honey on my porridge, or in my green tea, i don't have sugar usually in normal tea.

yeah i admitted that i occasionally have sugary ice cream and stuff, but it's not often.

* answered the exercise q in last post.

basically, i weigh fifty-eight kilos, and for my height i'm not technically over weight, but i was happy with myself and what i looked like when i weighed fifty-three kilos with approx 20% body fat. which was still in the healthy range.

thanks for the advice =]].
How tall are you?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

You probably just want to tone up. With what you're eating and the exercise you're doing, you are pretty healthy. You're also not eating a whole lot either. Perhaps let your mom know that you prefer to eat numerous small meals throughout the day instead of a big meal at night. Try to eat a bigger lunch or eat a larger afternoon snack. That works out better in terms of burning through the calories. Also, try to go for a run every other day and look into doing some different exercises - sit ups, butt crunches, etc.

Like I said, I don't really think it's a weight issue. I'm assuming you're looking at yourself in the mirror and wanting to be "tighter". In which case, you want to tone, not lose weight. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat but a toned body looks better than skin and bones.
it's more that i want to lose the fat around my bum and thighs, i have a pretty flat stomach and it's quite toned, [i have like a 'four pack' when i flex lol.] and my calf muscles are very toned, it's just the muscles around my upper thighs are decent, but the fat surrounding them makes it look like it's all fat.

so i have the muscle, but i need to lose the fat around it, which isn't working for me at the moment =[[.

I don't study pharmacodynamics, per se, (or, broader, Pharmacy xD), but I think those drugs aren't so great an idea.

ANTIBIOTICS AND PAINKILLERS WTF?!
The unnecessary usage of antibiotics have led to the craptacular strains of bacteria, and the painkillers are so not good for your livvver.

Unless you have to take drugs/meds, try not to take them.
okay, i had to take antibiotics for three months recently because of an infection too keep it away, and i stopped after a month because i felt like i was feeding my body with too much crap. and i only take the painkillers when necessary, i get extremely bad cramps, especially around that time of month where i end up throwing up if i don't take something for it.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
Yeah, you're not looking to lose weight dude. You're just looking to tone your butt/thighs. Try butt crunches. Lie flat on your back, then pull your knees up and lift your butt. Then squeeze it 50-100 times. Do it at least once a day. Trust me, it's awesome and it works.

quik.

HSC
I would suggest walking or maybe an easy cycle every second day or so, although if your touch football training will be as regular as you say (4x p/week) that in addition to dancing and acro will already be lots of physical activity.

Bum/thighs (thighs in particular) are a place where women naturally store a bit of fat, and one of the last places you will usually see it start to leave, so don't run yourself into the ground over it.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
165 cm, i have a bmi of around 22 i think.
im about 1-2 cm taller than you :p (and bmi of 23)

and yeah i have a big bum too, need to lose bumfat, but i know u cant spot reduce fat, u gotta reduce total bodyfat.

and hermand, i think from your exercise and diet that you're perfectly healthy and you should stick with what ur doing.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
your mum is clearly a gronk dani. jksfag.

nah seriously mums are always like that. if tracy grimshaw says girls these days are all getting unhealthy body images then they assume their child must be too.

you are clearly not unhealthily underweight, its as simple as that. tell mrs herman to lay off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)