Lost files from external (1 Viewer)

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

I have an external (WD my book) and it's been plugged into a smart tv for a while so we could record some shows. Now, I'm wanting to transfer uni work onto that from my laptop and I realised all my other files have disappeared. I'm stuck on what to do now! Any ideas? :(

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Not sure but are there recovery mechanisms on the external? You might be able to recover a few things that way. Otherwise, if not then you've probably lost the files.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Whilst it's hard to say given you've been using the hard drive for a while and maybe the hard drive was formatted, but you can try using a freeware recovery tool to scan it and see if there's anything which can be recovered. If you know the file extension type (e.g. *.doc or *.docx) then you can try to filter it for those files. I recommend a program called Recuva. It was free last time I checked but haven't used it in a while.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Whilst it's hard to say given you've been using the hard drive for a while and maybe the hard drive was formatted, but you can try using a freeware recovery tool to scan it and see if there's anything which can be recovered. If you know the file extension type (e.g. *.doc or *.docx) then you can try to filter it for those files. I recommend a program called Recuva. It was free last time I checked but haven't used it in a while.
I was thinking this as well. If im on the right page as you?

Journal v ntfs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)