Lost (1 Viewer)

iskandar

Meh.
HSC
Re: Lost - Discuss Future Episodes Here!

Im not sure about 7th sign's view about the episodes "getting shit" but i do understand his frustration of the writers dragging out explanations for certain mysteries on the Island. Indeed it is is interesting Fantasy27, more interesting is the promo caps for next weeks episode (IN U.S of course)......

Here's the url

http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=962&pos=13

But if you one of those that hates knowing anything about the next episode then I say view at your own risk.

EDIT: Some fools decided to hack the site so i am unsure when those caps will be available again, if you really want to see them just search for them...the next ep is called Maternity Leave i believe.

Another day then?

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC

I don't think they are running out of stories. I just wish they would finish a couple of them before moving along.

Michael runs off and you don't hear from him for 5 episodes.
It's the same with the guy who was originally in the hatch.
They have completely forgotten about getting rescued.
Almost completely ignore the others.
They still don't know much about the hatch or why it is there.
They ignore the killer smoke.
Have forgotten about the polar bears.
And continue to enter that stupid code for no logical reason.

People will keep watching because they need to justify all the time they have watched so far with some sort of conclusion. That doesn't mean they won't be annoyed though.

Lainee

HSC

I didn't watch the first season (except for bits and pieces on TV) but I started downloading season 2 when it started in the US and... I don't know how season 1 was - but I think this season is seriously awesome.

One of the things that I find irritating is how slowly time moves on the show. I like how it jumps around a little though. We get to see parts of the story from a few people than get to see the whole story from everyone. It gives it some suspense.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

Get the DVD's and watch season 1, seriously - you'll understand things better

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

Anyone watch Veronica Mars?
The numbers "4 8 15 16 23 48" were on a fortune cookie note in that show :eek:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC

sunjet said:
Anyone watch Veronica Mars?
The numbers "4 8 15 16 23 48" were on a fortune cookie note in that show :eek:

the numbers are 4 8 15 16 23 42 though...

firehose

HSC

timbk2 said:
the symbols displayed are Egyptian hieroglyphs that translate to "die".

Another interesting thing i read was that Henry said he was from the university of Minnesota. So were the scientists from that orientation video!
Actually I think the scientists (the de Groot couple who founded the Dharma Initiative) were from the University of Michigan. Having said that, I believe Henry is one of the others- I found Jack quite annoying in the last episode, being such a hard-nut and not allowing Sayid to do what is needed to get the truth.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC

I found a really comprehensive theory as to what's going on on the island. This one I don't totally agree with, though I agree with it the most. It explains the most things.

Source:http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1162044_3_0_,00.html

1. THE ISLAND: It's Alive!

Our theory of Lost begins with the question posed in the pilot by smack-addled rocker Charlie: ''Guys...where are we?'' Some have argued that the island could be a hallucination — ''A Psychological Shipwreck,'' to use the title of an 1879 short story by Lost-linked author Ambrose Bierce. Or an alien twilight zone. It's tempting to go with ''limbo'' — an elastic enough idea to corral the show's incredible coincidences and odd details, like a smoke monster and a band of child-swiping Others. But we believe the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 aren't stuck in a mass delusion or a satanic mousetrap. They're alive on the island. A haunted island. And it was made that way by the Dharma Initiative.

2. THE DHARMA INITIATIVE: Head Games
What we know about Dharma is incomplete at best, utterly bogus at worst. According to a choppy ''orientation film'' found in the hatch, Dharma founders Gerald and Karen DeGroot established a research facility on the island in the 1970s to conduct experiments in meteorology, zoology, electromagnetism, psychology, and parapsychology — a dubious science that believes the brain houses mind-over-matter powers. (Think X-Men, Jedi Knights, and sci-fi author Robert Heinlein, whose 1941 short story Lost Legacy is about kids realizing their psychic potential under the tutelage of — COINCIDENCE ALERT! — Ambrose Bierce.) Our theory is that intentionally or not, the Dharma team pulled loose psychic powers from one of its test subjects — skip to No. 5 for the answer about who that might be — with disastrous results. How? With fear. Where? Where else, down in...

3. THE HATCH: Human Testing
The orientation film claims the hatch was originally used to study the island's ''unique'' electromagnetic energy. And indeed, there is a curious wall that seems to be humming with the stuff. But the filmstrip also states that the DeGroots were following B.F. Skinner, a psychologist famous for his Skinner boxes: controlled environments used to study animal behavior. Folks, the hatch is a human Skinner box.

Why wasn't this mentioned in the orientation film? Because the orientation film is part of the experiment! The film was fiction, designed to induce paranoia and fear and observe the test subject's reaction. What Dharma was studying was the behavior every Lost fanatic engages in: the human imperative to organize seemingly random details into some kind of order. The problem is that someone — someone we haven't seen or met yet — was put in the hatch and had a psychic break of world-altering proportions.

4. THE NUMBERS: Those Damn Yankees!
It has been Lost's most baffling conundrum: the seemingly inexplicable connection between Hurley's havoc-causing Lotto picks — 4 8 15 16 23 42 — and the hatch's computer code. This is a two-part riddle. First, the original purpose of the numbers: Skinner box experiments require test subjects to execute empty tasks, like pulling levers or, say, inputting digits into a computer. The Dharma-ites chose the sequence because...they were big Yankee fans, and each number correlates to a retired Yankee jersey. But the second question is far more important: What purpose do the numbers serve now? There are lots of out-there (and fun) ways to go with this, but the truth is that the numbers don't do anything. The ''cursed'' digits are just one more sinister detail in Dharma's elaborate sleight of hand intended to freak out test subjects. The problem was that extreme stress on the subject in the hatch combined with the electromagnetic energy down there to jar loose some suppressed psychic powers. And it jarred them loose in the wrong individual. In that explosive moment, the once meaningless digits were encoded with devilish life. Hence, Hurley's bad luck, and a virus that is rewriting reality on the island.

5. THE ANSWER TO 'LOST': The Island Is Haunted by a Powerful Psychic
The Dharma experiments resulted in the creation of a potent disembodied being. A being deeply steeped in pop culture — think about all the novels, comic books, and random flotsam that make up the DNA of Lost — and powerful enough to bring those bits of pop culture to life. Someone who imprinted his consciousness on the island. Someone whose radioactive corpse was walled up in the hatch. Someone named Aaron.

So how did the Oceanic crew end up on the island? Aaron summoned them, because he has as-yet-undetermined uses for each of them...and he needed a new body. The body of a then-unborn baby. Claire's baby. Which is why the Others (Aaron's followers) have tried to kidnap her child. And why they had to snatch poor, psychic Walt — remember that dead bird from season 1? — who was the only one with the ability to see through their plan.

Of course, the castaways could all be dead. It could be a mass hallucination. The Others could be trying to secure franchise rights to the Twilight Zone Dairy Queen. But this is our story, and we're sticking to it. At least until the start of the next episode.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC

episode 15 "maternity leave", best episode so far in my opinion, and definitely puts a stamp on my theory that there are two groups of 'others.'

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

Logain said:
episode 15 "maternity leave", best episode so far in my opinion, and definitely puts a stamp on my theory that there are two groups of 'others.'
it was good.

Lainee

HSC

I love the way the used the flashbacks this time. :)
I love that Alex was the one who helped Claire escape!
I love how the Others' motivations are slowly coming to light. No more 'Evil Others who just like doing evil stuff for fun' but real people with an agenda.

I love see little dangling threads in the story line meeting up with each other!

Things I didn't like:
Locke was too easily manipulated?!
How they're trying to stretch it out when we know the guy locked in the hatch is obviously an Other!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

Yes i agree the thing with Locke was odd and not like him.

fatmuscle

HSC

i would've thought locke read him.
it is really unlike locke

but he's an 'other' !!!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC

the theatre glue was brilliant. highlight of the episode

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

mm yes this ep makes me want more
next episode, claire apparently disappears...(source: official ABC lost site)

I don't get what Eko did though..

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC

Minai said:
mm yes this ep makes me want more
next episode, claire apparently disappears...(source: official ABC lost site)

I don't get what Eko did though..
the two bits of his beard that he tied up represented the two men he killed

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

crazyhomo said:
the two bits of his beard that he tied up represented the two men he killed
ahhh
gotcha

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC

sunjet said:
Yes i agree the thing with Locke was odd and not like him.
not really, locke has continually shown to lash out whenever he feels like he is losing control. his dad, his girlfriend, charlie and even that guy who wouldn't let him go on the walkabout

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

yeh true, i didn't get the theatre glue bit, i must be thick, explain?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)