• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

love actually (2 Viewers)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
oh man i was in hysterics for the whole movie, i loved billy bob as the us president, i thought he was much more believable than hugh grant (not that i don't love him anyway!)
i CANNOT believe i couldn't figure out it was billy bob!!! i sat there, thinking damn that guy looks so familiar, who the hell is he?

and afterwards, my friend was like, "you idiot, how could you NOT know it's billy bob thornton? the weirdo that collects angelina jolie's blood?" lol.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
i CANNOT believe i couldn't figure out it was billy bob!!! i sat there, thinking damn that guy looks so familiar, who the hell is he?

and afterwards, my friend was like, "you idiot, how could you NOT know it's billy bob thornton? the weirdo that collects angelina jolie's blood?" lol.
so that's who it was... i didn't figure it out till i just read your post :p i knew he looked really familiar and all... haha how dumb am i :rolleyes:

nerdd

I must say I didn't really like it...

that whole airport circular motif was GAY.
because they introduced it at the beginning and at the end all of a sudden EVERYONE's popping out of the airport.
that was retarded.
and the whole hugh grant's assistant's over-stuffing-up and over-swearing got old and annoying..

i didn't really like it.

the whole cheating storyline was good though, I thought that was alright.

the portuguese story i hated - i thought that was ridiculous
hahah

all in all, a 3 out of 10

AGB

HSC
my favourite storyline was the sam and joanna bit.....especially the joanna bit :D :p

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by nerdd

the whole cheating storyline was good though, I thought that was alright.

I liked that too, but it pissed me off because it never really got resolved.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
I liked that too, but it pissed me off because it never really got resolved.
yeah that was one thing which pissed me off about the movie, many of the stories were left unresolved. but that's because there was soo many stories involved and nowhere near enough [screen]time for the writer to make us love the characters or really resolve their situations.

After watching Love Actually I have a newfound obsession with Hugh Grant. He looked so good the entire movie!
that's cos he doesn't have his boofy hair like he usually does in his movies! i.e he doesn't look so retarded

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Is it normal to be scared of you?

Originally posted by johnson
yeah that was one thing which pissed me off about the movie, many of the stories were left unresolved. but that's because there was soo many stories involved and nowhere near enough [screen]time for the writer to make us love the characters or really resolve their situations.
The only ones that really did get resolved were Sam and Joanna, David and Natalie and that's all I can think of right now.

Everytime Hugh Grant came on I was like *drool* (Fuck, I am such a girl.)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
wtf!?
how was what i said scary..?

yeah and the bit with that office girl chick and the sexy european dude from charlies angels 2 was very unresolved too

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Nothing, never mind :D

Yeah, Laura Linney's part wasn't resolved, I wanted to know what happened to her.

What Charlies Angel 2 dude? Refresh my memory.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
now you've got me really paranoid ..
you know i might have to start rummaging through your garbage and eating your leftover food again, cos i'm a bit hungry now.

LAURA LINNEY.that's who it was. i think that it was supposed to be understood that she 'chose' her brother over said charlies angels 2 dude. you know the badarse from charlie's angels 2 who surfs, and then he dies? he's the guy who makes fuck (or rather, doesn't make fuck) with laura linney

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
now you've got me really paranoid ..
you know i might have to start rummaging through your garbage and eating your leftover food again, cos i'm a bit hungry now.
Bingo.

LAURA LINNEY.that's who it was. i think that it was supposed to be understood that she 'chose' her brother over said charlies angels 2 dude. you know the badarse from charlie's angels 2 who surfs, and then he dies? he's the guy who makes fuck (or rather, doesn't make fuck) with laura linney
Ohhhhhhh that's where that Karl dude was from! I thought I recognised him.

the last laugh
HSC
that karl dude looked like an armani model or something..
i watched the movie again yesterday, it's just as good the 2nd time :p

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, I want to go see it again, but whether I can be fucked paying for it is the question.

= Jennifer =

HSC
forgive me but i have not read all of this thread (only the first page) so sorry if i am repeating something.....my aunty saw it and she said it was full of sexual intercourse....

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
forgive me but i have not read all of this thread (only the first page) so sorry if i am repeating something.....my aunty saw it and she said it was full of sexual intercourse....
naaaaah....

well, one of the stories is of these two people who are doubles for actors, and do the sex scenes.... kinda funny, actually (but a bit full on)

and there's only one other scene, the laura linney and that karl guy... but it didn't get any further than her removing her top, so yeah :p

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
They don't actually do anything so there is no sexual intercourse.

mp3mojo

the movie was actually rated R in america for sexuality, nudity & language

yet it is only rated M here... weird

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Did you guys know that the kid who played Liam Neeson's stepson is actually Hugh Grant's real life nephew?

s2ophie

HSC
Did you guys know that the kid who played Liam Neeson's stepson is actually Hugh Grant's real life nephew?
really! thats so cute - another connection betweent hte stories!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)