• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

love actually (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
*shakes head*
and i thought u were a man! :D:p
You obviously didn't catch on pigs. :p
Originally posted by Huy
You won't be doing much 'watching' - or even care about the film when you're with a girl, if you know what I mean. *nudge* ;)
Originally posted by Huy
Holding hands of course! :shy:
Originally posted by Huy
Why of course, *wink*
*nudges pigs three times just to make sure*

;) :shy:

Edit
And if you did (catch on), your post didn't make it clear (unless you were just mucking around and being implicit, like I was). :D :p

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
heheh...u certainly caught on quick :D:p

but seriously, watching movies with a chick is bad, cos ur torn between actually watching the movie, and well...doing other 'stuff' :D:p

Huy

HSC
N/A
heheh...u certainly caught on quick :D:p
:rolleyes:
I'll make a mental note, not to ever take your posts seriously anymore pigs. You have lost all credibility and respect (just kidding pigs! :)).
watching movies with a chick is bad, cos ur torn between actually watching the movie, and well...doing other 'stuff' :D:p
True, but you can be doing 'other stuff' after watching a romantic comedy, or romance/drama. ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
@pigs: you dog you... :D

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i saw it on sunday - advanced screening!
it was brilliant, hilarious, cute, romantic.... ok, so it is a romantic comedy :p
i'm surprised they managed to fit so many different storylines in the one movie, but the characters were so, uh... "special" that it worked :)

the old guy who played sleazy rockstar billy mack was very amusing.
and the guy who was so desperate for a shag, he flew to america... "i'm on shag highway heading west!!" :p

it did lag just a bit around the middle, i guess...
and i don't think alan rickman/emma thompson's love story was resolved? *shrug*
but i highly recommend it, for the laughs and the perves ;)

Last edited:

crazyhobo

Originally posted by bubz :D
i saw it on sunday - advanced screening!
it was brilliant, hilarious, cute, romantic.... ok, so it is a romantic comedy :p
i'm surprised they managed to fit so many different storylines in the one movie, but the characters were so, uh... "special" that it worked :)
I think the word you are looking for it 'cliched'. Not that I didn't enjoy the movie, but the reason they were able to fit all the characters in was because they were all completely predictable and lacking any depth, with the exception of Billy Mack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kos

My stepmum saw it and really liked it. But then again she doesnt have the most discriminating taste.

Just because the movie has a ton of stars, doesnt mean it will be good. In fact, putting so many stars in one movie risks saturating the viewer.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Kos
My stepmum saw it and really liked it. But then again she doesnt have the most discriminating taste.

Just because the movie has a ton of stars, doesnt mean it will be good. In fact, putting so many stars in one movie risks saturating the viewer.
Thank you for that great, well informed critique of the movie. I'm sure I'm not the only person here who loves reading reviews from people that have not seen the film. They are so valuable.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
omg! it was soooo good, i didnt really want to see it, but i did with friends and i loved it! It was so funny, and left you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. I lived colin firth's story line, especially when they were trying to talk to each other! hee hee. And i loved hugh grant, he was soo funny!
I didnt really like the rock guy, i though that bit was over done, but the rest i loved!
I'm gonna buy it when it comes out and put it with my bridget jones and ride and prejudice DVD's.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
I didnt really like the rock guy, i though that bit was over done,
hehe i agree with everything else you said, except i thought the fact that billy mack was overdone made it good XD

yes... so many dvds to buy ;___;
potc, finding nemo, love actually, and a zillion others O__o

Kos

Originally posted by crazyhobo
Thank you for that great, well informed critique of the movie. I'm sure I'm not the only person here who loves reading reviews from people that have not seen the film. They are so valuable.
Well next time I wont include my rating. God, lighten up loser.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Kos
Well next time I wont include my rating. God, lighten up loser.
I love it when people get really upset and offended, only to tell others to lighten up.

Basically you wanted to get people thinking that you are a unique and creative individual because you don't like what everyone else likes. And now you're getting all teary because someone wasn't impressed by your pseudointellectual chatter. Well tough.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
HAHAHAHAHA
it's funny cos it's true, and cos crazyhobo has a penis on his head

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
woah i'm so reporting your arse to the sexual harrassment police

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)