Low Fat/Carbs foods and snacks (1 Viewer)

Guesss

HSC
ugh
they only work as long as you keep doing them

aerobic exercise only boosts your metabolism for the following 24 hours

chinese herbs/tea- not everyone's taste PLUS can be very expensive

what youre suggesting is in no way going to teach her healthy eating habits and you may aswell tell her to take laxatives or buy an infomercial ab machine

now shut up and stop pretending youre smart
haha <3

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
ugh
they only work as long as you keep doing them

aerobic exercise only boosts your metabolism for the following 24 hours

chinese herbs/tea- not everyone's taste PLUS can be very expensive

what youre suggesting is in no way going to teach her healthy eating habits and you may aswell tell her to take laxatives or buy an infomercial ab machine

now shut up and stop pretending youre smart
I'm not pretendending to be smart... I'm not smart

Yo1anda

HSC
maybe i should be a nutritionist actually

very ~passionate~ here

Yo1anda

HSC
yes

small meals DEFINITELY

also better to consume wheat products in the morning bc they like to make you bloat

amirite

HSC
If you think that simply restricting eating fat + carbs = successful dieting then youre not entirely right.
Firstly you must find your caloric intake necessary to maintain your current weight. 20xBW(kgs) or something. Depends on how active you are. However you get these calories in (carbs/fats/protein) doesnt really matter. If youre an active person you might need more % of carbs than protein and fats. If you want to build muscle youll need a higher contribution from protein.
The fastest way to lose fat without losing muscle is believe it or not a high fat % diet, no carbs. Ketogenic diet - look it up.
A low carb/low fat high protein diet will just leave you deprived and lacking energy

Yo1anda

HSC
no carbs? basically youre saying for her to eat meat and eggs

hello liver dysfunction, cholestrol and constipation how you goin

amirite

HSC
no carbs? basically youre saying for her to eat meat and eggs

hello liver dysfunction, cholestrol and constipation how you goin
Carbs on weekends (you can drink, go out, whatever :)) but yes meat, eggs, fish and anything else during no-carb days. NOTE: no carb = less than 25g per day

I didnt go into much detail but most people only go on it it when theyre trying to losefat. Apart from the introduction phase your always in a caloric defecit (lower than maintenance cals). Its not a diet many are on year round, when trying to maintain or gain.

The aim is to reach a state of ketosis, where fat becomes the bodies favoured fuel, as opposed to carbs. When you add in a deficit after reaching this state the body starts to use stored fat for energy. "The idea behind the a Ketogenic diet is to force the body to burn fat during the lowcarb days, while sustaining exercise intensity by refilling muscle glycogen stores during the weekend carb-load."

She cant have a whole lot of fat to lose so shes hardly going to be on it for long enough to develop high cholesterol.

Metamucil and other fibre supplements will regulate your bowel movements.

Yo1anda

HSC
Obviouly NO carb does not mean less than 25g per day, NO carb means NO CARB, and theres actually diets like that so please be clearer next time.

The people who do take this low carb diet youre suggesting (ie atkins induction) seriously, do so as a lifestyle change and maintain it.

Cholestrol and fat are not the same thing. All animal products contain cholestrol. consuming only animal products means she consumes more of them.

You still didnt address the overconsumption of protein and liver failure.

as for fibre supplements- prolonged usage of fibre supplements has proved to have negative side effects on regularity, and they creat dependence.

amirite

HSC
Obviouly NO carb does not mean less than 25g per day, NO carb means NO CARB, and theres actually diets like that so please be clearer next time.

The people who do take this low carb diet youre suggesting (ie atkins induction) seriously, do so as a lifestyle change and maintain it.

Cholestrol and fat are not the same thing. All animal products contain cholestrol. consuming only animal products means she consumes more of them.

You still didnt address the overconsumption of protein and liver failure.

as for fibre supplements- prolonged usage of fibre supplements has proved to have negative side effects on regularity, and they creat dependence.
Theres some ketone production threshold which some say is 50g, some say 30, some say 25g. Its just important you keep amount of carbs consumed negligible.

Lifestyle change is not based around a fucking diet. The people who do this diet successfully are people like bodybuilders, maintaining muscle while cutting fat is the main aim. That is there lifestyle and they will adhere to any diet depending whatever phase they are in. When theyre in the off-season and trying to put on muscle they phase carbs back in, 100s of gs a day.
The ability to stick to a diet is a lifestyle change but the diet itself is just a phase.

There are good and bad cholesterols. If your cholesterol levels get to high you can get off the diet and eat more mono fats to lower it. Also Aesthetics > Cholesterol levels.

Your liver wont fail taking in 2gs of protein per kg of BW a day. Its its job ffs. Just dont be retarded and take 50g+ at once.

Not everyone gets constipated and youre only supposed to be on this diet, or on this diet with a deficit at least, for only a few months. You then phase bread and weetbix in a shit 4 times daily. I havent had carbs for a while and youre giving me the shits.

But youre right, this diet has no merit, not for bodybuilders who want to cut without becoming completely catabolic and losing muscle or children with epilepsy.. or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:

Yo1anda

HSC
Mkay.

Long term dietary changes> fad diet.

Always.

amirite

HSC
Mkay.

Long term dietary changes> fad diet.

Always.
lol. Last post you said keto was a long term change. Now you say its a fad diet. wtf.

BTW Im sure those families who go on it to set an example for their epileptic children appreciate you labeling it a fad. Its amazing how effective this diet is for them even though according to Yo1anda of BoS its not medically justified.

Ketogenic diet has more strengths than any other fat-loss/muscle-maintenance diet.

Yo1anda

HSC
I said, the people who take YOUR keto seriously, are those who use it for a long term change. What YOU are suggesting is a couple of months to shed pounds.

And I'm sure those with high cholestrol and cardiac disease as a result of meat and dairy appreciate you singing its' praises.

amirite

HSC
I said, the people who take YOUR keto seriously, are those who use it for a long term change. What YOU are suggesting is a couple of months to shed pounds.

And I'm sure those with high cholestrol and cardiac disease as a result of meat and dairy appreciate you singing its' praises.
Im dont know if its because im tired or if its your wording that makes your first point hard to understand. Im inclined to think its your shit wording.

Sorry. Didnt realise I was arguing with a vegan. If I had have known I wouldnt have put forward an argument. I simply win by default.
id rather have high cholesterol than osteoporosis anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)